POP Era Ranger leveling locations

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Bewts Augur

-Ignoring group options (see below)
    -Specific to a decently twinked / buffed Ranger
    -Looking for suggestions near POK that will not burn buff times running there:
    1-5 Newb Zone
    6-9 Kurns Tower
    9-15 PC caves (bulks, shrooms, fiends)
    16-20 PC Bandits
    21-25 Looking for ideas here and on.

Understand groups and leeching on PL is ideal as levels increase, which I’ll scoop as they present themselves. But for the down times or limited times I may have to play, would like to be as efficient and productive as possible.
  2. Nozraku Lorekeeper

21-26ish Sol A (UR works here too but more of a run)
    27-40ish L Guk
    40+ starts to bring in more running...personally I like DL until 46ish then HS

This isn't the most pleasant path, but it is very efficient and really close to PoK books.
  3. Bewts Augur

I decided on UR for 22-30 or so. It’s really hard to beat classic mob concentration and HP when you’re over geared / out of era buffed.
  4. Xeris Augur

I've always just stuck to old world zones since that's my main xp in lvl'ing up new chars. I think anywhere you would have gone to group during actual progression, you can revisit now to solo as a super twinked char.

To that end, I'd just stay in unrest until around lvl 28-30, then hit up LGUK until about lvl 40, then go to Velks, and you can pretty much just stay there until 60. This path is pretty ideal also because each zone is just a few minutes from a POK book.

Sebilis also is a good choice, but the run is SUPER ANNOYING, so I'd avoid it.

Once you get to lvl 60+, I think as a ranger you can do some pretty big damage in Plane of Nightmare and that'd be a fun spot to xp in as well. Plane of Valor also isn't terrible.
  5. Vulken9 Journeyman

I always liked Gulf of Gunthak lvl 25(beach)-40(fort). You'll have to adjust the levels depending on gear and groupage, but can't really beat the convenience.
  6. Chopsuey Augur

I really like dulak's for 35-40 or higher if you move to the ship mobs, can get to 45 np. Tons of mobs. 45-60 can do velks or mix in some pop zones around 55ish if you get bored. PoI isn't bad. 60+ if you have archery aa's I had fun in GE bow kiting around the larger rooms.