Poor Server Economy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Igorath-Bertox, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually there would be no over crowding with mergers. Pick zones have you heard of those? The overcrowding argument is a joke. Even on the most populous servers there isn't anything close to over crowding. And all the Live servers are at a fraction of what their max populations were in the old days.

The ONLY thing a few more players might do is make it harder for afk autobotters to hide their activities. But again, with pick zones even that probably won't be a problem for them.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Because there is always a pick available when I or someone else wants or needs it? Pick availability can be a joke and you know it depending on the zone and group or groups already there mass killing.
  3. Allayna Augur

And how does your server merger plan play into extremely rare tradeskill items? Things that drop off of maybe 1-5 mobs in the game. Mobs, not models. There are people who want to max their artisan's prize =p AND don't agree with a merger.

Forcing a merger vs. paying for a transfer token.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

They will tell you Picks solve it.
  5. Moege Augur

Im sure the 2 lone characters fighting over the 3-5 mobs will force a pick :p
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

There are so many things that add to server load that didn't exist in The Old Days (TM).

I don't know how the backend works but I can tell you that FV has had over 1000 people in the General chat channel(s) plus NewPlayers at peak times and when the server is that busy you can feel everything from bazaar searches to the entire PoK zone creaking under the strain. Five hundred in trader mode is normal most of them with a full inventory. All of that takes a toll.

In addition, almost every raid instance have been horribly laggy for years and the population has just had to adapt so any server merger would almost certainly break things horribly.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah we dont get close to 1000 in general chat. even with mergers I doubt we could hit that.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So we say no to mergers just for that? And there isn't anything to say DBG can't adjust things in that regard to make mergers easier.

Let's also remember that not all raid guilds can draw off server people as recruits. Maybe mergers including Xegony could create some more competitive guilds on the server.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They can always tune the pick zones though.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Daybreak has already said no to a merge for Xegony and Luclin.

It could be that those 2 server are already at the levels they are hoping to get the other servers upto. It could also be that they expect a lot of traffic to those 2 servers IF they offer free transfers are the merges.

I'm sure the last thing Daybreak wants to do is make a server overcrowded with the issues that brings, lag, slow instance creation, etc.
  11. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

Lets go back to selling stuff in East Commonlands.

Make Antonica GreatAgain!
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I probably won't stop trying to convince them otherwise. Much like those who want no mergers at all won't stop either :)

I think we can handle a few more on Xegony but if Daybreaks opinion is based on it causing too much lag or what not I respect that. But until they explain exactly why they are making their decisions I'll probably carry on.

I apologize in advance if I upset anyone by doing so. People have every right to their own opinions on mergers from merging which server with which to not merging them at all. That's a good thing.