Poor geared players would be kicked in Coirnav ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Charlie Lai, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Coirnav Augur

In RI what we do is allow new people to come in as Friends and Family and pick up rot items for a week or two before they apply. This way to get to know us better, we get to see how dedicated they are and even if they are wearing rags they get a shot at some upgrades to get them started.

Reach out to Rohnin and ask how his experience was, he just went through this coming back with classic gear on basically. I think he got like statue BP and ToV armor super fast.
  2. Numiko Augur

Love how people respond to 8 month old necro posts so easily ...
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

You say this like it isn't the Try Hard Server. :p
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Happens pretty much every patch day... since every patch day means 12 hours of downtime.
  5. Midnitewolf Augur

Honestly I have never really seen someone kicked because they were under geared though I do remember one group that did fizzle out because we had an under-geared tank that couldn't hold aggro and kept sucking the healer dry of mana. Still even in that situation it didn't result in a kick, rather it took two wipes before the party just kind of called it rather than continue on with a tank that couldn't tank.

Also there are alot of people on these forums that like to make it seem like Corinav is a toxic place to be but its not. I have been playing on the server for about 4 months now and only had a few bad experiences, really no more than I would expect in any online game.

Finally, gear is pretty cheap when you get right down to it. A Shadow Knight can pick up on MoSS for like 100pp and there is a literal ton of above average gear for sale in the tunnel for 100-500pp. It does take a bit of time to save up that much plat but not that much time. I think I had saved like 1000pp by the time I hit 15th level by selling off bone chips, spider silks and bear hides and a 4 hour leveling a session in UR would net me at least 100pp or more. Then if your really worried about it, just drop a tiny bit of cash on a Krono purchase. A single Krono sells for 8500-9000 pp on Corinav which is more than enough to buy you a good set of starter gear.
  6. Zinkeh Augur

Fantastic post here, btw. Pretty much sums up TLP.
  7. Risiko Augur

DBG did not create the situation you are referring to. 989 Studios/Verant Interactive created it. The game was designed from the ground up to make progression hard. The game was based on pen and paper DnD which is not user friendly and is very anti loot pinata.

It wasn't until many expansions later that gaining needed gear to progress was made easier (Lost Dungeons of Norrath).

These are TLP servers, and as such, you are going to have the same design issues and face the same player struggles that people did when these eras were brand new. There is no level of modification that the developers can do to change that short of just making NPCs that you walk up to, hail it, and out pops the equipment you need.

The very game design that you are complaining about as being krono seller friendly IS the exact same game design for which we all praised as the holy grail of gaming years ago. The reality is, it's just not as great as we remember it.

But, here's the thing. It won't be an issue for long. Every 12 weeks, we move closer to the "easy" stuff.

That being said, every 12 weeks we also move closer to the expansions that drove people away from EverQuest. It's a double edged sword, and you have to just live with the bad to have the good.

That's just how it is. The only thing you can do if you just can't stand the game the way it was designed in the old days is to play on a Live server and avoid the old content OR play some other game.

Demanding that DBG address the design flaws (in your eyes of course) of classic EverQuest is akin to asking DBG to make a new game but call it EverQuest. It wont be the same game.
  8. Exaaver Lorekeeper

Your right, it would be better :D the same thing but better, so yea.... still EQ, we don't even do corpse runs anymore game is already broken af