Poor geared players would be kicked in Coirnav ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Charlie Lai, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Charlie Lai New Member

I have dump question - Poor geared players would be kicked in Coirnav ?

I just a causual player and I have to take care of job in real life,
    so I cannot spend more time to farm pp,
    and someone kicked me because of my poor gears ?

Is this reasonable ? Thanks all .

Gslai @ Coirnav
  2. TeeEHLpee Augur

Welcome to the neckbeard server, only hardcores got time for that!
  3. Candystore Augur

It's not reasonable no. You don't kick players because they are undergeared.

But the reality of TLP is that they are Krono economies. A small hardcore section of the population exploits casual players on TLP. They make real-life money from item farming which they sell in exchange for Krono.

Daybreak imo is complicit in this, since they purposely make it incredibly hard for casuals to gain access to gear. Each time a casual player is forced to buy Krono to gain access to the TLP economy, Daybreak makes money, which in turn makes krono farmers money. This also drives hacking / botting / boxing, since those are ways to control loot camps for krono farmers.

TLP start in classic, with no way for casual players to gain easy access to loot, there is no access to LDON or DoN, there is no way to sidestep the krono economy.

TLP should *at the very least* have guildmaster Newbee Armor Quests unlocked from the start, yet they don't.

TLP are extremely casual unfriendly because of the way they are set up.
    Zinkeh and andross77 like this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Nah, you just ran into one of the few tryhard groups.
    Risiko and Critt like this.
  5. Turinbar Augur

In my experience, I have a level 34 character now, I have never been booted due to gear, ever. If you show up and participate in the kill no one cares. If you don't have a magic weapon, someone will usually summon one for you or give you a cheap lowbie magic weapon to use. XP is more important than gear. I can't say 100 percent but 99 percent of groups, you won't be kicked ever for lack of gear. Candy is correct though, Krono runs the high end economy. There are probably a dozen items ppl will pay krono or multple krono for atm though, it isn't the vast majority. Maybe not even a dozen.
  6. Telvanus Journeyman

Maybe its because of Agnarr, but I had no problems playing casual and making PP. I played there starting about halfway through Kunark and quit near the end of Velious. During that time I think I only grouped 4 times. I was not in a guild either. I made enough PP to gear out my main and twink another 4. By the time I stopped playing I had bought (with pp) or earned 9 Krono. The only money I spent on this endeavor was one month subscription fee to get the game started.
  7. Vindaven Elder

It depends. For example... let’s say you’re a rogue and don’t have magic weapons then you literally cannot do any damage to magical monsters such as ghouls in Unrest.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

The reason they took out newbie armor quests is because the armor negates anything up to Velious stuff. That's why they were removed in the first place.

Casual players have access to loot through pickzones and instancing of raids. You should've seen what it was like on Ragefire *before* all that .

If it wasn't krono, it'd be straight plat, or something else. GEBs or FBSSs as the prevailing item of value to trade.
  9. Maligannt Journeyman

I haven't experience or seen this myself. However I can see if you are playing a physical dps or god forbid a tank, still rocking fine steel weapons or lacking banded armor or something into level 25 a pug wouldn't be terrible pleased. As has been said most groups are about optimizing experience and if you are severely under geared you slow everyone down. You certainly don't need to buy KR to get equipment as you level, but you might need to seek it out depending on your race and the location you choose to kill. It's worth remembering that EQ at this point in time didn't hand you newbie armor and weapons, you had to do a little bit of work for it - either by seeking it out from mobs or asking/paying other players.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you try a little pugs will be fine.

If you show up to frenzy and don't have magic weapons then i could see people getting bothered.

Ive never been in a group on agnarr and saw someone get kicked because of gear. And ive leveled mainly in pugs with a combined over 400 levels.
  11. Green_Mage Augur

You don't get kicked for having no gear on a fresh server. That's kind of the point of them. You will run into guys that only want to invite necros/enchanters/mages... but whata going to do? Those are the best classes atm.
  12. malaki Augur

I mean if you show up wanting to tank Ghoul Lord in Guk wearing cloth and still rocking your Shortsword* that could be an issue, but on the whole I can't imagine gear is a huge thing in the early stages of classic.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Sounds unreasonable to me. If you put any effort into things at all, you should be fine. Most people are very reasonable to others who may not have gear not quite as high as they are.
  14. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

I imagine at some point poor gearing could also reflect just bad play. If you roll a warrior and you're level 17 now or w/e and your weapons are still rusty and you have empty slots (not jewelry) it kinda shows that you don't exactly know what you're doing. I wouldn't trust that this type of player actually understands mechanics well.

But like your example, I'm talking extremes and not doing the bare minimum. It's not day 1 of server launch and is much cheaper now. I've given away tons of banded for free, even a couple entire sets...if you're a melee gear dependent class you should be able to scrap together something once you start hitting 10+.
  15. Ajjantis Elder

You met the wrong people. Ive never seen a player getting kicked because of lacking armor. We all are pretty naked right now :)
    Risiko likes this.
  16. Tornicade_IV Augur

how to make gear matter in levels where gear doesn't really matter.

I remember my young enchanter making the journey to the commonlands.( sometime around kunark release)

I saw a group at an orc camp and they said they had no use for a chanter and I would only slow them down

so I went to the next camp and worked on soloing it.
    these min maxers eventually wiped somehow and another group passing through ,saw me soloing and invited me to join their group and we went on to an orc/bandit camp in ro.

moral of the story. some people are idiots.
  17. Clonkers Lorekeeper

I've grouped with a warrior at hamlord who was using finesteel weapons, had no plate or chain and was using random raw leather he'd looted along the way. We should have kicked him as he clearly had no respect for anyone he groups with being as he couldn't hold agro and was a complete mana sponge. By level 40 you have no excuse as a tank to have not atleast bought a set of banded mail (70pp) and have magic weapons
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Point taken but I would expect most level 25 groups on a new server to be in banded with FS weapons. Perhaps at 40 you should be expected to have better.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm guessing English isnt the OP first language. Might of contributed to an early boot, not being able to explain his gear choices eloquently.
  20. Maligannt Journeyman

I think you missed a "lacking" in there :) I said if you were rocking fine steel weapons or lacked at least banded.

Having just done the grind with no particular effort to acquire pp and not selling my rusted(saving for smithing) I had over 100pp by level 20. Plenty to of coin to purchase banded and a melee augment.

Weapon wise by 25 not having gotten one of these:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-obtain-first-magical-weapon.240730/

When your primary function is whacking things with whatever you hold in your hand, is also likely a function of not having tried than needing KR to compete.