Polls not opening correctly?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Meatly, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Meatly New Member

From my logs:
    [Tue Jun 25 20:48:38 2013] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The barrier to The Serpents Spine begins to shimmer. The Priests of Discord may have news for you.

Yet to everyone's disappointment, the PoD doesn't offer the poll when you ask him. Are the polls broken, or was this message a complete error?
  2. Aristo Developer

It just means that the next available poll will open. In this case it's the poll that starts July 1st. I'll see if I can make that message more clear.
  3. Ishtass Augur

omg you're alive.
  4. Machen New Member

Can you clarify then whether the vote will end the 8th or the 15th? Guess we'll know either way on the first but this system is less than straightforward.
  5. Zunr New Member

Shouldn't the polls be open already? 60 days after the kill would of been like 2 days ago.
  6. Machen New Member

As I understand it, the way it works is that the votes come in 2 week blocks. If there is less than a week left in the current block when you hit 60 days, it waits until the following block. Which will start July 1 and end July 15.

But all the info has been pretty vague so this could be incorrect.
  7. Derpfest Journeyman

Votes can only start on Mondays as well, right? or is it Tuesday?

If you're going to clarify that message, you'd have to make it way too long. Better go with the normal approach and make it more vague.

<SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The barrier to The Serpents Spine begins to shimmer. The Priests of Discord may have news for you...soon.
  8. Machen New Member

They can start any day, but if there's less than a week left in the voting cycle when it is due to start it rolls over to the following Monday to start. The last vote started in the middle of the week.