Poll about the class of Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Iven the Lunatic

The original design of Firiona Vie was a cloth caster with a staff where she looked like a wizard. Later she got drawn with blue-golden plate armor wielding a big sword. In the storyline and ingame quests she then was a paladin. The mix of them would be a cleric that does wear plate armor but does wield a staff instead of a sword.

Wizard, paladin or cleric ?

https://strawpoll.de/77x67b4
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

She doesnt actually have a class. She is a princess role-playing like she is an adventurer. Have you ever seen her try to tank anything?
  3. Tour Augur

/remembers Arx Mentis
    Is "liability" a class?
    Fenthen and Smokezz like this.
  4. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Firiona Vie's original appearance is as a Princess, thus the style of her attire. After she was rescued, she went off and became a Paladin. But it is never shown that she is good at the class, just that she has a lot of strong party members and boons from the gods.
    Fenthen and Rijacki like this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

She's never been a Wizard. I heard once a long time ago that in the original Keith Parkinson artwork she was portrayed as an Enchanter, but I've never found a legitimate source that corroborates it.

She has always been a Paladin in the actual game as far as I know though.
    code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

High class?
  8. kizant Augur

Why the focus on FV anyway? We all know Lanys is the true hero. I'm not buying any of this high elf propaganda. They're always trying to steal the spot light.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  9. Zarkdon Augur

Plus we all know she would win a dual anyway. SK> Paladin.
    kizant likes this.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

So she might use a paladin illusion which would explain why she has so many different outfits.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

She is a druid.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Only 5 votes so far. o_O Seems that I am right with my suggestion to increase the forum activity...
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Either that or people think the poll is utterly stupid because it's something that is already established in the LORE of the game and has been cannon for 24 years.

Would you have a poll to determine the sun rises in the east and sets in the west?
    Smokezz, Szilent and Celephane like this.
  14. Celephane Augur

He would if he won a prize for doing it.
    Szilent and Rijacki like this.
  15. Celephane Augur

• Polling/Petitioning – The creation of petitions or polls are not permitted in Daybreak Games communications channels.
    I also choose to believe this
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The original box art for EverQuest was done in the late 90s. In that art, Firiona Vie was a scantily clad woman, regardless of her class, in the "high fantasy" style made popular by Boris Vallejo and used extensively in the D&D book art. She was depicted similarly for several expansions as that "high fantasy" scantily clad females, buff males art style was still popular. There has been, in the last 2 decades plus, a shift in the design choices for the expansion art with Firiona's class being displayed a bit more "traditionally" (i.e. metal armor and sword) with varying degrees of scantiness. The artist for the current art is not the same artist as the original (unless the current artist is channelling Keith Parkinson from beyond the grave).

In game lore, Firiona Vie was a high elf princess who was trained to be a paladin as the Champion of Tunare. So, in lore, she was never a wizard or enchanter or any other caster.
    kizant and Szilent like this.
  17. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

The original box art simply depicts her in celebratory form. Right here on this very page you can see her in the background- she's scantily clad because it's her day off, and she's firing her Staff of Endless Adventure (literally what she's holding) while waiting for the great feast. Happy spring break!
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

She is actually holding The Lifeguide

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33476
  19. Iven the Lunatic

We are about to revamp LORE ! Cannons ready... FIRE !... FIRE !
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

That is not the prerogative of players.