PoK pub song

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Iven, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Iven the Lunatic

Server: Antonius Bayle
    Zone: Plane of Knowledge
    /loc 33, 229, -123

The pub song that normally does get played on the sound channel does not trigger anymore when moving a PC to the area. Instead it does get activated and deactivated randomly and it looks like it is bound to the day/night rhytm now. At 6 pm game time it got activated automatically by just standing in the area. If I remember right, the song was played also during the daytime in the past.
  2. Hegsheoshed Augur

I have only heard it at night. It's like the people that were banging on wood at the two trade skill areas stopped their pounding when night fell and you don't hear the hammers at those places at night. I don't mind the crickets but I don't leave anything afk at any of the 3 areas or I am flinging cats off me as I scramble out of bed. Everyone should go afk on the top floor of the library. It sounds nice and trippy up there. Kind of creepy sounding sometimes too.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Maybe it is not a bug and my memory is tricking me. Seems to be the Mandela effect.

I am just in the PoK council room and its nice there. :D The game time turned 6pm and the voices stopped and that trippy magic sound has increased. A dwarf that introduced himself as Nennipus or similar is sitting beside me and gave me some mushrooms. Now I see badgers... and mushrooms... now a snake on a green meadow just like in the Butcherblock Mountains.

9pm: Heading down to Bargol's pub and the crowd is singing again.
    10 am: Daytime. The drunkyards are gone, everthing is silent. Only a barbarian is hemming continuously. He looks thirsty.

On the next day...
    3am: Singing
    4am: Silence. The nightly party spectacle is over and the pub has closed.

Conclusion: At 6pm the singing does start, at 4am it does end.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So this is not a bug.

Thank goodness cause all I could envision was them breaking the music again by making a mistake when trying to fix this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Nah its called old age!
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

7. Hegsheoshed Augur

[quote="10 am: Daytime. The drunkyards are gone, everthing is silent. Only a barbarian is hemming continuously. He looks thirsty.[/quote]

Empty drunkyards are everthing a barbarian needs to get enough privacy to sew the fraying edges of his skirt. :)
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You have to be drunk to hear it.
    Don't forget to bring a glass of water to give those that ask