PoK Lag Pile..Xegony

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RandyLahey, Dec 14, 2017.

1. RandyLahey Elder

Hello,

I think it's about time that the lag pile in PoK moves from PoK. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. I personally feel that this should be taken care of one of the following 3 ways:

1. Moved to Nexus (or another zone)
    2. Moved to the far end of PoK
    3. Set up a separate instance in PoK for Buffers and people that are waiting for them.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that is sick of the major lag when you first zone into PoK from GL or just running through PoK in general.

If people are gonna set up buff bots I don't feel as though it should be in the zone that a lot of the game traffic is gonna be traveling through.

Again, maybe I'm the only one that is having an issue with this but I find it an issue when I zone into PoK and it takes 30 seconds or so to load graphics cause there are 40+ afk toons right near the lag pile.

Thanks for listening!

Randylahey
    Tugroka and Ryanxp like this.
  2. phattoni Augur

depends on the server you are on, fv has the lag pile in the guild lobby, why they would mass exodus from guild lobby to pok i dont know, but it never happened on fv.
  3. RandyLahey Elder

On Xegony the lag pile is right between the GL zone in and the small bank. The issue is that certain guilds started casting MGB buffs there and now everyone goes there to afk and wait for the next MGB. Meanwhile everyone else that wants to travel through has to deal with lag.
  4. Bahdah Augur

5. RandyLahey Elder

Bahdah
  6. Parker Elder

Where u go man?
  7. RandyLahey Elder

I'd also like to say I have no issues at all with people looking for buffs, however I feel as though there are better places, and less utilized places, that this could happen instead of right in the middle of the GL/PoK zone in
  8. lancelove Augur

Corwhyn moved the buff area from the guild lobby to outside in PoK a while back, spamming offers of buffs for all level toons. When the buffage was in the lobby on Xeg, you'd get alot of RK 3 buffs mgb'd, out in pok you dont.
  9. Thrillho Augur

It's a bit inconvenient when you're tradeskilling in PoK on Xegony. Lots of lag when you turn in the direction of the lag pile (imagine that!).

But it was also inconvenient to run through / zone into the GL.

On Beta, the lag pile was at OMM and was inconvenient to talk to him.

It's a lag pile, and it'll be inconvenient wherever it's placed. Unless there's a specific spot designed to take that many people, we're just going to have to deal with it wherever it happens. It'd be nice to have an area that had the stickfigure model turned on by default.

Try /showname off. It helps.
  10. Badaboom New Member

Move the guy who gives the Daily quests. He is the reason the lag moved. Same as BB. Teek or whatever.
  11. moogs Augur

This is not a developer issue. This is a player communication issue. Tell everyone on your server to move to the Gulf of Gunthak stone and be done with it. Tell your guild to not accommodate MGB piles in poorly chosen locations.
  12. Lilura Augur

This is player habit issue. On most servers the pig pile is in the GL, and in the area in front of the magus, making navigation to the guild hall doors a real PITA. This is just how people operate. Get over it.
  13. LadyAashna New Member

"This is player habit issue. On most servers the pig pile is in the GL, and in the area in front of the magus, making navigation to the guild hall doors a real PITA. This is just how people operate. Get over it."

"Get over it" ya, cause someone suggesting a "fix" is out of the question.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The difference is, nobody DOES anything in the GL, which makes it a better place for this. People are getting quests, tradeskilling, etc in PoK. The suggestion is totally valid.

And, guild hall doors? That's what anchors are for ;)
  15. moogs Augur

People are rezzing, banking, and passing through the Guild Lobby to get to the Guild Halls constantly. The lag is atrocious. Buffing should be done in an underutilized area occluded by a wall, which is why I suggest the Gulf of Gunthak stone in POK.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or maybe one of the side halls with the bulletin boards in GL? GL seems like a good spot, cause everybody has a port there (Throne of Heroes), and it has the corpse summoners. I've used those when I die, it's late, and I really don't want to deal with it.

Personally, I've not noticed any bad lag in GL (the buff spot in Tunare), just a quick minor hiccup (1-2 seconds), but I'm usually just cruising through the pile to get to the Magus (and not that often, either).
  17. HeatherPurrs Augur

I sincerely hate helping you people. ctrl alt del Task manager eqgame.exe set priority class to Real Time.
    You're welcome.
    Khazad likes this.
  18. Vanrau Augur

Or set actor clip plane down, way down when in PoK.
  19. Lilura Augur

The real problem in the GL is two-fold: mounts and mercs. Mercs I can see for clerics to rez. But they should be auto-suspended after 15 minutes. Looking at Povar, if you got rid of mercs you'd drop the population by a dozen.

Mounts are a bigger problem and for some reason DBG will not set the GL and Bazaar to indoor zones and disallow mounts. I see inconsiderate a-holes in the Baz use a mount and block all the people around them all the time, and there is one jerk on Povar who sits all of his alts on huge mounts in the GL. There is NO REASON FOR A MOUNT in the Gl. Period.

Start with setting the Baz and GL to indoor zones and auto suspend mercs after a certain time. That will do wonders.
    Tugroka and snailish like this.
  20. moogs Augur

Familiars should be auto-suspended. They are a waste of polygons.
    Vlerg likes this.