Plz help me understand wizzy AE nerf, when Mages aren't

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beldan_VZ, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beldan_VZ Journeyman

look, with the excpetion of needing a reply from Starlanae about those forms, im just not commenting on this anymore. I was really just looking for information, not trying to change the world, cause drama cuase people are too afraid of their own class nerf to care about someone elses. obviously im just going to get screamed at for the most part for trying to understand all the reasons of logic behind what seems to be an illogical decision to the basic purity of the class i knew at the dawn of EQ. Sorry for bother you people.
  2. Starlanae Lorekeeper

You have your answer...you were gone for a while..you come back and feel that your class has been unjustly nerfed in the process of class balancing since you left. Now I am going off topic by explaining exactly why it happened and why your class is still one of the most powerful and you still stand by your statement? If it bothers you that much then roll a mage..oh wait..you just got that class nerfed..umm..well..S O L for you then. If you cannot play your class as it sits now and learn to get around the changes then you are not a true EQ player and you are really not invested in this class. Changes always come around man..nothing you can do about it. Just because mages got some much needed love this expansion is not that classes fault..just means that more mages showed up to the table when they were asked what improvements our class needed, even if it took some time. If you want changes made to your class, stop raining on mages and step up to your class's table and make some constructive suggestions. You really have no choices here man..creating antimosity for another class won't get you any sympathy. Who cares that the class was given a set of tools at level 50 that allowed it to do things a certain way back then....this is level 100 and things are done differently now and many amazing wizards out there will not complain. As far as nerfs.....bards were hit a lot harder than wizards in the past, but you are biased so you would not notice that. As well, you have no idea what an exploit is. Once any class begins using an item or flaw in the game or even when a spell or ability is used to create any unfair advantage in the game it will be considered an exploit. Deal with it...nothing you can do about it. I am sure no class was ever intended to be able to kill 50-75+ mobs in any given combat round and still get exp from it...but it happened and is now being phased out/nerfed by not allowing any more ranks of said ability added to the game....thus allowing the equasion to re-balance itself. Nobody officially comments on the nerf..but everyone knows what it is and why it is happening.

I am long winded and do not dispute this fact...but my point is as valid as all the others posted here and you just refuse to accept it. Nuke-it-up-dude!
  3. SOE-MOD-02 Augur

Please keep posts constructive on these forums. Closing this down now.
    Sinestra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.