Plucked Achievment (Final Fugue)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nagruk, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Nagruk New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Mon Dec 25 17:35:29 2023

Character: Level 125 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: Palatial Guild Hall

Description: Doing the mission "Final Fugue" and trying for the ach/char flag for Plucked achievement I have done it multiple time without getting a failure message for the plucked ach and have yet to receive the achievement but others in the group receive it when they already have it.
    Metanis, Syylke_EMarr and Yinla like this.
  2. Iuwene Augur

Only the first person to zone into the instance can get the achievement at this time. This HAD been fixed already with the last regular patch, but was reverted back to the faulty state with the following emergency patch.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This doesn't even seem 100% guaranteed, in our runs. We've had someone that was not first to zone in get the achievement.

So far, the only semi-functional way to get it that we've found is to:
    1. Be the first to zone in. This doesn't seem guaranteed, but does seem to help.
    2. Make sure you are on Kar's hate list for the entire fight.
    3. Be near Kar when the auras appear, then run away. Don't just stay away the entire fight.
    It's annoying and absolutely bugged.
  5. Iuwene Augur

The most reliable way I found so far is zoning in first and killing the four archers before engaging the Kar. That is, as soon as he pops and smacktalks, all move to the archers and kill them. Kar will kill the remaining NPCs and happily wait for you to come back to him and engage.
    Got the achievement for my complete team this way.
    Metanis likes this.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Did this method always work?

I just tried this ... and even killed Kar before any auras spawned. And no one got Plucked at all.
  7. Iuwene Augur

It worked 6 out of 6 times for me.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

1. Character that needs Plucked get the mission from Swallows
    2. Character that needs Plucked zones in first.
    3. Nobody else zones until the first character actually lands in zone first.
    4. Don't let that first character die during the ambush phases.
    5. When Kar locks at 80% leave him locked, have DPS kill all 4 archers.
    6. Make Kar dead as normal. There will be no aura to avoid and no movement necessary.
    7. Grats on Plucked for the single character.
  9. Iuwene Augur

This seems not to be necessary. On all my runs for the achievements I always had the same toon request the task.

But yes, the first character must be completely spawned in the ini before others come in.
  10. Brickhaus Augur

Thanks for the help.

I followed Metanis's list except I just burned Kar at the end. Auras popped after 8 percent and ran out as soon as he was dead. Character that got the mission & zoned in first received the Plucked cheese.
  11. Koldanar Elder

First character to zone in definitely gets the achievement.
    Even if you kill the archers before engaging there is a bug in that if you kill Kar too fast then you won't get the plucked achievement. I've found that slowing down the DPS until you get the first Orange aura will ensure that the first zoned in character gets the achieve
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Personally, I think they should just fix the bugged achievement, rather than us coming up with esoteric conspiracies about how to get it. :p
    Jack and Velisaris_MS like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

It WAS fixed...for about a week until they did the emergency patch, which broke it again.
    Yinla, Jack and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  14. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

If you kill Kar before the archer check has a chance to go off (meaning, if archers are up then the blue aura appears, if not up then only the red aura appears) then no one gets the achievement. You can't just burn him down to get the cheeve, and that appears to be broken by way of the wording.