Plot management issue.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Punchis-themonk, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Punchis-themonk Elder

Why would I be unable to buy/manage a new plot? I have none currently. I am on test server. When i click the stone, right or left click, in or out of plot the window to manage it won't pop up.
  2. Zamiam Augur

if your in someone else's guild neighborhood you cant purchase any plots in that neighborhood unless your in that guild ..
    thats all i can think of .. i dont play on test so not sure if their is something specific on test that would prevent you from purchasing a plot other than what i stated above..
  3. Punchis-themonk Elder

Yeah, I did think that at first, but I went to a non-guild neighborhood which should allow me to purchase 1 without restrictions.
  4. Zamiam Augur

well im stumped :p sorry .. hopefully someone who plays on test can chime in.. GL
  5. smash Augur

You f2p? Just thinking that maybe it does not allow housing.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

FTP can buy plots I have over 60 houses and a lot are owned by ftp toons with my main as a co owner.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

For starters did it not allow you to purchase the plot at all? If the answer is no and it's in a general housing area where anyone can purchase plots are you certain nobody else owns if?

If you were able to purchase but can't place items make sure you have money in escrow first. Without this you basically on a useless piece of land. If still you can't place an item or even buy or deposit money into escrow something might have gotten broken again with houses related to the patch. If this is the case submit a ticket and post in the bug forums so they can look into it.
  8. Punchis-themonk Elder

Gold access member, unable to purchase the plot at all. When i click to interact with the 'stone' nothing comes up at all... no matter how or where i click the border/stone and no matter if I'm in the plot or out of it. I am going to 'vacant plots' so yes, un-owned.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you able to click on any owned plot stone? Doing so would give you owner info - its left click btw. If you cannot click on any stone perhaps your window is minimized or behind another?

In fact that is all you get when you click the stones - #1 - the option to buy it if not already owned and how much or #2 who does own it.

In order to get into manage you have to have permissions or own the plot or house. You cannot stand in an empty plot and click EQ-Real Estate then Manage to buy it so that would not be an option anyway.

Edit - there is no minimize on the plot purchase window so maybe its open behind another one?
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Are you attempting to purchase a guild plot or a personal plot?
  11. Punchis-themonk Elder

I have reset my UI to default, so it shouldnt be behind anything, I can use the manage key to see other people's plots but that doesnt work in an empty plot. Clicking the stone wether it be on an empty plot or an owned plot does nothing. I have tried to buy both a guild plot and a personal plot as well. Neither one of their stones do anything. lol.... I've done alot of trying in different zones/plot types/areas with no luck, stone just does nothing and it should.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

Ok, that likely eliminates the issue I thought you might have, but I'll list it just in case since it hasn't been listed in this thread yet.

Do you already own three personal plots (the maximum . . . it used to be two) on that character?
  13. Punchis-themonk Elder

nope, none owned currently.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

See here's the thing - it does not matter if the plot is owned or up for sale - the problem is that left clicking it does nothing for you. Even if you already owned 3 or were in a occupied plot or non guild plot it would still allow you to click the stone and see if it is for sale or who the owner is. So that being said since you can stand in someone else's plot and click and see to manage then have someone buy the plot for you and then they can sell it to you and then you can place stuff on it or whatever. You both need to be there at the same time. Then file a petition on the unclickable issue.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I just logged into my test character and his plot had expired since I only used it for the contest over at EQ Resource a while back. But it was interesting because I could not click the stone on that plot to pay my rent! Or any plot - just like Punhcis problem. I could click other peoples plots under EQ - Real Estate - manage and see how much they had in escrow but still could not click on their stones on border. So I think this is something broke on test - they have had many issues in real estate on test.
  16. Rolaque Ancient

This is a plot bug. On a plot I own, I cannot open the window to manage the plot or the account. If far away, it says I'm too far to use that. If close enough, I get nothing. This started to happen when instances were 'fixed' on Test.
  17. Punchis-themonk Elder

Okay so its a bug lets file a bug report then.