Please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dibab, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Xyphen Maximum Augur

They won't do this. (People have been asking for this/similar things for years, literally).

Of course it's not fun or sensible to park at VZ/TZ/Bertox/AD for a week and hope a random F2P mage doesn't stroll by. When I did it, not only was I competing with people doing the actual Prize, I was competing with bored/nostalgic people coming back to the game for 10 mins to 1 shot a raid boss.

Yes it's bad design, yes it's stupid and yes it's easy to change. It only makes sense if you're looking at it through the lenses of a game developer trying to keep people paying for something that's desperately starved of new/unique content.

For what it's worth, this step of the prize absolutely pales in comparison to the nightmare of capping your tradeskills (when the aug actually becomes good).
    Funky likes this.
  2. Dibab Augur

my issue lies in the fact that these things already exist on TLP servers and the test server. So it's not like the request is for something brand new. It's simply for something that already exists on existing EQ servers to be made available gamewide

I already have the AP on my main. Even just with 300 in everything the prize is still the best aug in the game at present letalone after you max it
    Allayna and Skuz like this.
  3. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Yes, because very few people would play on a TLP if only a couple dozen people got to raid. Most people don't even bother with AP on their main, let alone their alts.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We can do all old instant raid content with a minimum of 6 people, why not add the AoC and do the same.

We have had the same guy camping VT for the past 11 months, just blocking everyone else from even attempting to get the IVU earring. :rolleyes::mad:
    Dibab, Nadisia and Skuz like this.
  5. Dibab Augur

Magelo says differently and also a pretty bold blanket statement from someone who has it
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Magelo? You mean the site where people with really good gear voluntarily sign up to rank with other people?

I didn't even create a magelo until I had AP maxed and 4/4 TBL evolved.
  7. Dibab Augur

thus proving many people still do the AP on their mains and beyond. You included by your own admission. With the rate at which PoP gods are not up, and the large amount of post 300 tradeskill skillups i see, you are very mistaken on your claim that not many do the AP. Honestly at this point i dont see why you keep replying or commenting. Your opinion is clearly in the minority here. Which again proves the desire for the AOCs ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Celephane Augur

Magelo profiles = small portion of the EQ population, thus proving nothing of the sort
    Xyphen likes this.
  9. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I didn't say "many", I said "most":

many - a large number of.
    most - greatest in amount or degree.

Many people play EverQuest, most of the human race doesn't. Get it? I know this was almost 24 hours ago, which is a really long time to remember things, but my opinion was:

Yes it's bad design, yes it's stupid and yes it's easy to change.

Which is the entire premise for your pointless rant thread, which just adds to the stack of other "ugh it's too hard why do I HAVE to do this quest ughhh" pointless rant threads. This is a video game not a job... If you don't like the way it's designed then don't do it.

And I'm replying because you keep quoting my posts, which implies you want my response...
    Nennius likes this.