Please, someone explain to me why I can't level quick anymore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aussieguy, Jan 4, 2022.

1. sieger Augur

In my opinion 40 hours is reasonable.
  2. Triconix Augur

And that's where I would then just disagree completely. 40 hours to grind max levels doesn't make it a viable alternative over progression and overseer. You'd have to be a stubborn mule to choose that grind over the other options. Grinding should be of near equal time investment to the other options available, otherwise you just alienate a portion of your player base who prefers to grind than doing progression.

Progression + Overseer + some collect sets will net you roughly 20 hours total game time to 120, and include various other rewards - mounts, stats, AAs, etc. Grinding shouldn't double that time for less rewards.
  3. sieger Augur

What is the reason every leveling method should be equal speed? Every other MMO I play has multiple ways to exp up a char and some ways are faster than others.
  4. Triconix Augur

They don't need to be completely equal. I said of near equal viability. People will naturally take the path of least resistance if there is a considerable discrepancy between two choices. By making one route exponentially faster, you effectively get rid of one of your game's options without actually getting rid of it. What's becomes the point of the option if the option is so bad compared to the others that nobody will choose that option?

It's going to be quite hard to convince people to join you in a cause when the alternative gets to the same (and in this this case better) results in half the time.

If I go into a store looking for a washing machine and two side-by-side are nearly identical, except one takes 30 minutes to wash the clothes and the other takes 60 minutes, why would I choose the one that takes 60? I wouldn't. If one took 35 minutes, but was in a color that better matches my home, now I'd have a viable choice and will probably choose that one.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. kookoo Augur

reducing a little the xp gained doing all progression a few , and getting a little more reg xp from killing mobs would benefit everyone .;)
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or they could simply get rid of what is causing the issue -- hell levels -- and go back to the "required xp per level" progression curve they had prior to ToV. The problem would then fix itself.
    Skuz, Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Kazint Augur

Rizlona was the most recent and it's still problematic.

I never said anything about unhealthy playing times or whatever you were talking about. It's a matter of boredom and dealing with the cheating. Sorry I didn't spell it out but grinding endlessly isn't very fun for most people.
  8. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

Yes I have been playing the game.

Currently my alts are level 110 since I created this thread. Old school way of course because missions = easy way out.

But then again, bring back the EXP grind... this is the TRUE EQ way.

"Then why complain" you say? Because, no groups, no sitting at a camp spot for hours grinding with people, no social activity at all.. people are too busy doing missions with their full box group.

All I want is the play EQ like I did back in late 1999, most of you probably won't remember or are recently new to the game, but this EQ is not what it was back then.

"Well, go play TLP then" Why though? Can't we implement that old school way on live servers?

I've leveled 6 characters from heroic 85's to 110 as of the creation of this thread. It's still slow, and I'm basically playing "single player" mode?

Anyway, back to grinding the old school way..
  9. sieger Augur

People actually have to grind AAs and farming Augs and such long after they reach max level, so point of order people looking to level to 120 could get into one of those groups, which should be around indefinitely. I also don't think you know what the word "exponentially" means, if you choose to do Missions + Tasks + Overseer you will level faster than pure grinding, but the difference as we've said a number of times, isn't all that dramatic. Grinding is something people also just have to do anyway if they're AA capping (you can't get AA xp from the other leveling methods other than some of the tasks give a small amount of AA per completion.)
  10. Triconix Augur

Taking double the amount of time is a dramatic difference. I can't believe you'd actually argue that.

Your solution is join AA groups? So while everyone is spending the rest of their time getting AAs, that player is in catch mode so when they finally hit 120 through grinding, everyone else is now thousands of AAs ahead? Good plan.

You simply highlighted yet another reason why not to grind. A person who chooses the quest/overseer has 20+ hours to grind AAs vs the pure level grinder. Plus the grinder misses out of the progression mount. Care to share any other ideas that further tilts in favor of the quest/overseer route?

Your argument is irrational, borderline insanity.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Not every group is equal when it comes to capacity to grind X amount of experience in Y amount of time. Not everyone has 6 real players to group with in top gear. Maybe when speaking of the abilities of groups to grind we drop mention of the dps capacity as parsed of that group?
  12. Micker Augur

So many people selling mission adds now, just join and get them done . Without doing missions, its a ridiculously long leveling process.
  13. birdsong_pawn Augur

I'm not going to play a game where the only viable progression is paying people to play it for me or doing a five-minute cell phone game twice a day.

Not everybody wants to box six characters either. This company is leaving a lot of money on the table by refusing to provide any fun content for people who just want to play one account.
    Treage_Imminent, Wulfhere and Svann2 like this.
  14. Iven the Lunatic

I think you are just trolling around if you have pushed 6 PCs in 7 days like this. Most players would need many months or even years for this without PL.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

HAHA
    '
    The newspaper he is looking at should have said EQ Atlas :)
    Flatchy likes this.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Frontier mountains. Take your 115 there and shread with your 90 on the side.
  17. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

Update for the purpose of tracking the exp grind.

All alts 110, been grinding AA's now, so far 1500AA's (earned) on all alts.
    Started enchanter(85 heroic) 2 or 3 days ago, I can't remember at this point, currently level 108.

Won't be pushing above 115, I was told to get max AA's once I hit 115? I'll update then.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That sounds like fast leveling to me...
    Ozon likes this.
  19. Treage_Imminent Elder

23 levels (7.67 levels per day) in 3 days is extremely fast leveling when starting from 85 without significant support. Not all players have those sort of resources available though.

2-3 levels playing 4+ hours a night in that time frame sounds closer to my experience. /shrug
  20. bortage spammin lifetaps

just put high level quests on franklin teek in pok and have them give a sizeable chunk of xp, then it's a buff to leveling that helps everyone roughly equally due to the lockout timer

like, overseer can net you 10% a day I think? add another 10% from this hypothetical 115+ teek daily and if you really need to put an item reward in it make it reward a handful of scarlet marks
    Leerah likes this.