Please Return Plane of Mischief 1.0 to the Game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

So far we can have Veeshan's Peak 1 and 2 coexisting at the same time, Overthere, Howling Stones, and Skyfire 1 and 2. Ethereal West Karana is West Karana 2.0 and so on.

While I have no problems with "revamps," the drastic changes from Plane of Mischief 1.0->Plane of Mischief 2.0 were something that took something from the game. The Plane of Mischief 1.0 had several quests and was a wonderful zone that was different from any other in the game, and then turned into a typical zone.

Returning the original zone to the game would allow for people to experience this wonderful zone again, plus it would also give different sides to Bristlebane as well. If the zone was partially "done" then "finishing it" over time for level 60's and 65's would do well. It was a fun zone with excellent quests, please consider returning the original Plane of Mischief to the game.
    Pano likes this.
  2. Veegan New Member

Yes, please do this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This has been requested many time.

If my memory serves me well I believe the devs said this can never happen as the original PoM zone doesn't exist anymore, along with the old versions of some classic zones that held various events including the great Halloween events (EK, Commons, N Ro, Rathe Mountains).
  4. Astral64 Augur

Not true, for the most part.

Original PoM (minus a few minor npcs) is present on TLP servers until the revamp is added.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Interesting, mybe I'm remembering wrong, but I could have sworn a very long time ago they said they didn't have the zones anymore. I'm talking 15 ish years.....yeah I've been asleep a lot since then, so my memory could be playing tricks.

I know live had an event a year or so ago where the cards were dropping in POM again, though I say a year it could have been anything upto 5 lol.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Another zone I would like to have is the original Grieg's End.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya it was like 2 or 3 years ago if I remember right. For April Fool's it was reverted back just for the day, so it does exist still.
  8. Goodn Augur

Can we at least refer to the proper version? What you are looking for is Plane of Mischief 2.0, not 1.0 (on Live is currently version 3.0):

And what is popping up on TLP servers isn't really 2.0 either...it's a bastardization of the PoM 2.0 from Al'Kabor (I cannot find the post atm, but I'm pretty sure some dev posted that they used the Mac server PoM as a model since the original Windows server version was lost) because there a number of posts over the years where hardcore PoMers will talk about the small differences.

As far as changing PoM back...during the last revision event on Xegony, 15ish members of RoI basically camped the zone and pretty much killed anything that spawned. It wasn't really a fun time for anyone else. I'd rather the time be spent on something else.

If something MUST be put back on Live servers, I'd prefer that they let you spin up an instance of PoM 2.0 on April's Fools (instance so you can actually see content)...or make a quest only available on April's Fools that gave you a one time use ticket to make a single instance at any time.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Expect that isn't true. Unless I missed something huge, we don't have VP 1.0; we have VP 2.0 that you zone into from the RoK's Skyfire and RoS's VP which you zone into from RoS's Skyfire. All of the zones mentioned we just have the current classic and RoK versions and the CotF and RoS versions; which are separate zones.