Please rethink this new TLP Daybreak Team...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicious EQ, Mar 15, 2022.

1. rangerous Elder

People's opinion on how many people box is basically skewed towards the tier of guild they are in (if any).

Top guilds seems like 3/4 has a box and maybe a 1/3 multibox

Casual guilds and unguilded players basically have no multiboxers in the population some do 2 box but not even half of these type of players even have a second active account.
  2. Rcbauer Augur

Actually on Aradune I've noticed the opposite. There's a guild that sits in Paw a lot that has a couple of 6 box crews. They are about as casual as can be. Game is easy when you box your own group.
  3. jeskola pheerie

I am not sure you know what characters you are running into are real people and which are boxes if you really believe that. It's just not true.
  4. Arclyte Augur

this guy is going to tell me what I've witnessed on multiple TLP playthroughs.

I get it, you like to box, that's fine. It's obvious to everyone that it's rare until later in a server's lifespan.

Not even sure what the point of this discussion is. It's like arguing whether males and females exist. Arguing about something that shouldn't be controversial is just annoying.
  5. Ecko Elder

Because you're doing the same as what you're basically calling him wrong for. You're trying, once again, to pass your experience off as fact.

It's not the same for everyone. From the people I've experienced on 4 TLP's now, over 50% of them I know boxed at least 1 extra char, even in classic. As such, my experience, much like other peoples, is that most people DO box on TLP's.

Maybe that's because I gravitate towards other boxers, maybe cos I'm from the UK/Europe we're more likely to box, who knows? Point still stands that if we're just looking at what one person perceives is reality, and that person is me, then you're flat out wrong.

Whereas, and this may be a shock, different people can have different perceptions. It's not illegal and one doesn't invalidate the other.
    Komodon and jeskola like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

But it is my perception that more people perceive it the way I perceive it than the way he perceives it...
  7. Ecko Elder

Perceiveception!
    jeskola likes this.
  8. MageyTLP21 New Member

Vicious was right. :(
  9. Vicious EQ Elder

When they get me under NDA I'll be quiet.

I love that this launches the same day at Omens on their current two TLP servers. Doing everything they can to kill the old servers as usual.
  10. Triconix Augur

Weren't you the one saying the servers would be pointless since Mischief/TB are in GOD for the release? Now because it's literally one day after GOD ends, the latest server are going to kill Mischief/TB? I I didn't realize 24 hours would be so problematic.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mischief & Thornblade will continue having players who love the Random Free Trade Loot rule, and I don't think they will lose an extraordinary amount of players to either new TLP, they'll probably lose less even than most prior TLP because of how popular the Free Trade Loot Pinata has been.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

I think they intentionally went with sub par servers because they know they made a mistake with the breadline servers.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's certainly one way to look at it, I don't think that was how the devs were looking at things though.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

I just hope enough people stick with it so that the mangler clone doesn't become overcrowded.
    rangerous and Hirbow like this.
  15. Komodon Augur

I think it should be pretty clear at this point that you are probably totally over-estimating the total amount of time and invested effort that actually went into making that final call on what type of new TLP servers to launch. At least on the don't-play-it safe-half of the equation.

Most of the people I already knew for 100% past trend fact would be leaving Mischief in swarms will still jump since that's what they always do. But even among the most hardcore of hardcore, and/or the people who value krono farming over socialized elements......I'm just not sold a lot of those people will roll on Vaniki. Especially with that gross lv 40 1 month starting cap. I think it's a really good bet the overwhelming majority end up going to the clone. Regardless how extreme the first week que difference tries to push anybody the other way.
  16. Haak Augur

It's possible this might be one of the first cycles where people play on both. The experience will be so different, and you should be able to hit level caps in both simultaneously. Or if you're currently on Mischief, just do that and Vaniki for the ultimate "am I even playing EverQuest anymore, or is this just some totally different game with EverQuest elements slapped all over the place?" experience.
    Rebelicious, Zrender and Skuz like this.
  17. Komodon Augur

I don't think both will ever realistically be a widespread option in any extended pov. That 3 nights a week raiding schedule over the course of the first year already eventually adds up to enough of a "job feel" for a lot of people without doubling down on that.

I think in the short term you may be right though. Which I guess enters the possibility of a record bag + launch goodies sale projection goal on Daybreak's end.
  18. Kahna Augur

So, don't raid 3 nights a week? 2 gets the job done quite nicely and feels far less like a job.
    jeskola and rangerous like this.
  19. Corydon Coles Elder

This
    But make it red
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  20. Corydon Coles Elder

And this