Please rethink this new TLP Daybreak Team...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicious EQ, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Gnothappening Augur

It is weird how the forum girls want a new server to fail. It is like they want DPG to go out of business.

There is nothing good about 2 years of TLPs all being in the same expansion and on the same unlock schedule.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

You guys didn’t two box shade and one group Grummus?
  3. Gnothappening Augur

It would add two new leveling paths. Ldons at 20 and a Paludal-Gunthak path. People aren’t going to go to sub par exp zones just because they are there.
    Umul and Jubilee like this.
  4. Komodon Augur

Again, a problem with that supposed "change" in the raiding mirrors the same issue you'd be realistically running in to there with the world leveling. The entire appeal factor is super duper frontloaded for the people that will be making any serious attempts to make this server home, and is essentially just going to end up invoking a "too soon" reaction out of a lot of the people who in many cases have basically just finished going through the regular weekly raiding of that GoD+ content.

Too much Deep aoe'ing, too much Paw, and too many total Tacvu/Texvu raids bundled into the bigger picture playout there for anybody actually making the suggestion with a real intent to actually stick around on it for the next year.

The other core problem is that for as much of an issue as people may have with the idea of extended isolated stays in both Classic and Kunark, it's still a much better Daybreak bet that the majority of people championing for a GoD start server will still end up forking over their bag money/krono to play on it. Opposed to vice versa as far as the casuals (and I'm even counting a lot of the people who typically make up those "uber" guilds, who contrary to completely exaggerated belief get by just fine with limited playtime availability) go when it comes to server that is more power game driven. As well as one that again is stripping away the huge draw appeal of the more socially interactive game world you see Clas-Vel, and before everybody basically retreats back into an existence centered a lot more around guild based needs/activities and chasing their strictly raidloot.com spreadsheet loot wants.
  5. AngryKing Elder

What do grummus and shade have to do with quarm loot?
  6. NImxat Elder

More questions: Which Plane of Hate revamp would the server have at the start? Also, Fear? Cazic Thule? Splitpaw? I would guess it would be later, GoD era versions? Are any other old zones affected?
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

8. mark Augur

classic start, 3 months unlocks, boxing allowed ,since most players 2 or 3 box in my expirience over the years of playing tlp.
    Umul likes this.
  9. Jubilee New Member

This is... just a remarkably good compromise that would likely please most players, live or TLP. Now for the really hard part, convincing DBG to actually throw down the funding and devs necessary to pull it off. XD
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't like Truebox in post-PoP expansions but I think it does what it is intended to do on a server in classic to PoP, so a Truebox start is fine, Live servers effectively lost the 1 PC restriction around DoDH so even as late as that would be fine, after DoDH though Truebox is only contributing to player attrition & a TLP that got rid of Truebox around Level 65-70 would I think hold onto a much higher percentage of players all the way up to live.
    Lawyer likes this.
  11. Jubilee New Member

I don't think there is a hard cap but there is a SOFT cap in that the more server instances of a specific zone are up the slower the server speed becomes on ALL of them except the open world version (slower respawns, buggier pathing, generally worse and worse performance, etc.).
  12. fakenames Journeyman

this is a lie i was boxing 2 on one pc as early as velious on live. I was doing 3 in pop.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nope, not a lie.

There were ways around the restrictions you were using, even if you forgot.
  14. Komodon Augur

Ok. So basically and once you get past the very short lived and front ended "fresh appeal", and meta
    power grind right back to repeating that huge dish of the exact same ol same ol.....you get that to look forward too as well.

I mean....Rapiers ho? Is that the crowd this idea is trying to pull in and exclusively cater to? :)

Ultimately there are probably ways you could realistically implant a server idea like this, that even might actually play out to offer a lot more of that "fresh" experience variety, without it morphing into nearly as much of a too power gamey craphole for so many others. But ironically it's probably the same super vocal people on this board championing for the GoD launch server in first place that would likely just be the first to start screaming bloody murder and frantically shoot down any compromise approach ideas to make the overall concept more universally appealing because....."DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY BINKY META GAMEPLAY ASPECT/S. I WANT AND NEED MY EDGE I EXPLOIT OUT OF THEM. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG OR GAME BREAKING ABOUT THEM! TROLL TROLL TROLL".

Say what you want about yet another phinny clone. But at least it has the fact it will pull in the majority masses AND keep them there until the next TLP going for it. That aspect in itself matters to a lot of people within their decision to commit their own time dump or not. The GoD release idea without any core adjustments to the gameplay going in won't.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

16. Court Elder

I think they’re going to post the new TLP info on Friday, April 1st and that way if there’s a lot of backlash they can just say “April Fools!”
    Digler, Lawyer and Skuz like this.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

You don't know what a GoD start would pull in.

Just the super fast xp would draw some.
  18. code-zero Augur

On the GoD expansion launch server?
  19. Arclyte Augur

the vast majority of TLP players do not box

where are you getting this from? forum posts?
  20. Komodon Augur

But...I do. Starting with pretty much all of that same crowd among the heavy raiding focus scene Mischief saw leading that charge. Probably lead by some former guild leader out of every pack who's usually 1 or 2 guild iterations beyond the point where everybody still universally respected and trusted them not to just flake out on the responsibility latter, and who like that last time with Mischief will basically only manage to siphon off the who's who among every guilds' "most likely to be outside petitioned in BoT" crew, those typically super vocal don't-actual-do-any-real-leading types in discord, or the always numerous blink-and-they'll-be gone post-max level types as firm stated commitments to the cause. All of which who are going to always come out of the woodwork roll on every TLP regardless.

It will pull great initial population #'s just on a the new server factor alone. Like Mischief you'll probably see a lot of people make the same non-bag buy appearance where they'll throw down on quick power grind to max LV experience with their static. It's just not going to keep a lot them beyond that. Again where you are selling "OMG GoD LAUNCH and NEW Experiences!!!" here...lots of people are just going to see right through that as too much Deep, too much Paw, and too much of the soon to be extended raid schedule farming the exact same stuff that just come off dkp and is still being killed by every guilds' small man crew that never left Aradune.

Yuck. Double yuck if you think a lot of those same people wouldn't just quit MMOs altogether before they'd ever find a "collab" with latest iteration of the always expanding Zerg guild an appealing prospect.