Please remove truebox limit from Aradune.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Viceversa, Jul 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arvis New Member

Alright guys, here's a doll, show us where the boxers hurt you.

In all honesty, I've been HELPED and ASSISTED more than any negative issues associated with them. The fact that we are enforcing rules by using arbitrary vigilante groups of people is kind of a joke. They cause quite a Fuss themselves they just box in closed spaces.
  2. balador New Member

Definitely need the true box rule removed. Keep the character limit if you want. But we pay to play this game, i dont see the need for me to use 2 computers to do what i can do with one.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While I don't see them changing the two box rule anytime soon they are free to do so if they felt it was better for the server.
  4. Dailor Augur

I posted this a year ago, still true LMAO.
    [IMG]
  5. Rhythar Augur

Happiness is other people. Unfortunately, boxes aren't people.
  6. Skeetic New Member

my boxes are people, they all have little backstories, and victories and defeats. It's called role playing, you should try it some time
    Laynie Rosvenir and Gheed like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Then they should have signed up for football in the first place? Or if they change their mind halfway through, they leave the basketball game and join the football game?

I dunno...
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

Man if my boxes weren't even people I really wonder what that classifies your character as.

It's just a terrible ruleset to have, this late in the game especially.

The server was/is about as petition quest as p1999. People boxing reporting other people boxing. GMs running around suspending single character players because they are on autofollow (looking at you Ancient Jarsath medallion). Guilds relying on boxes to keep their guild going while actively reporting other people for trying to keep their guilds clearing content in the same manner.

You had policeman Rhythar who would log in and wait at AoCs for guilds so he could stand there recording 45 minute long videos for the GMs, then log out.

By the end of PoR, we had GMs showing up during our raids and watching at 10PM EST INSIDE INSTANCES which I am sure was a direct result of a few nutjobs. Pretty comical stuff.

The saddest part is, they won't change the ruleset. They are far too hard headed. You'll even have to wait year(s) to see relaxed truebox because god forbid they help the later servers retain players before the vast majority say F it.

I can't wait to see what Aradune is like in a few expansions. Boxing will soon become a necessity. You guys might have to risk it like your boy.
    Udayan and Brazy like this.
  9. Samueru Journeyman

So at this point, being against 3+ boxing on Arudune, outside of the EULA, is an indefensible arugment because no one here has been able to submit a case where it's harmful to the server in it's current state. I'd like to thank you all for your input. You've been all been a big help in changing my mind.
  10. Samueru Journeyman

First hand knowledge eh?
  11. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Either you are trolling and doing a decent job of it, or you have little to no contact with a majority of the players on Aradune. Not a single person is rolling a new toon on Aradune based on the Truebox policy. The biggest reason for attrition on these TLP servers (other than new servers being launched and questionable expansion release schedules for the level 70s era) is not being able to complete content due to a lack of specific classes. Mercs fix this for group content, but for raid content, there is no fix.

The best way to extend the life of a TLP server is by relaxing Truebox code. Allow 2 clients on one machine and limit it there if you wish. I cannot see any reason for a person playing on Aradune to be opposed to this change, as far into the game as we are now (TSS) when MOST if not ALL content is instanced or soon will be. Could you please explain why you are so opposed so that I may better understand? And please be more creative than "Because those are the rules this server started with and I want them to stay the same". Many things have already changed since the launch of Aradune: OOC regen early, remote buying from the bazaar early, just to name a couple.

Would you still be opposed if Truebox were not removed, but just relaxed to allow ONE additional client to be active on a single machine? And if you would still be opposed, why?
  12. Captain Video Augur

I know your post was in reply to someone else, but I just couldn't let this go. What you said above is absolute nonsense. Mercs aren't even in the game yet on Aradune and won't unlock until SoD. The group content in TSS can be completed by any class combination you choose; the entire TSS expansion was designed to facilitate a restart from level 1 for players who are interested in the modern game and not in Classic era. No TLP has been evenly spread out on class distribution at this stage of the game, but every class is still represented. Aradune is not unique in this regard, and never has been.

The "fix" for raid content is to JOIN A GUILD. EQ is a MMO first and foremost, and always will be. For a long time now I've had the sense that the complainers are being led by people who don't want to play a MMO at all, they want EQ to be a single player RPG, and are getting increasingly upset to discover there are points in the game where that doesn't work so well. If you're one of those people, the barriers you're talking about are your problem, not the game's problem. Other TLPs have managed to progress past this point without difficulty; we've even had a couple that have already made it to Live, with guilds still active, people raiding, people completing the content. If you can't manage that, it's entirely on you.

Those are global changes implemented on Live servers, and not specific to TLPs. They don't count as examples of devs changing TLP rulesets post-launch.

I will give you my answer to this question. I would not be opposed. But that's not what this thread is about. There have already been a number of other threads on the topic of retroactively applying the relaxed Truebox rule to older TLPs, with literally hundreds of posts and nobody really arguing against it. The team still remains silent. And I can see why. It's a dangerous precedent for them to set, changing the advertised ruleset of any TLP post-launch, as then how would anyone be able to trust a TLP to work as advertised for a 5-6-year lifecycle if devs have a reputation for caving into the demands of the privileged few who want various things tweaked to their personal advantage? A line has to be drawn somewhere, and for the time being this line is it.
  13. Rhythar Augur

I don't see why it matters if 2 characters are played on 2 computers or 1 computer. Truebox never made sense to me.
  14. Leoden New Member

I believe that question has been answered. The truebox rule served a purpose early on in the server and it helped keep some toxicity away. That isn't the case anymore, and now its starting to hurt instead of help. I also haven't really heard many complaints, just sound logic recommending options for a better server.

I am not sure everyone who started on this server knew the struggles later in expansions due to truebox. I am sure some people who have made it this far on a TLP knew there would be issues, but that isn't everyone.

Imagine playing basketball and half your team quit to the point you couldn't play. Would you all sit around because you couldn't play the game as the original rules stated (12 players) or try and change the rules so you could play?
  15. Trenaf New Member

Remove the limit, bring it up to a server vote at least or give us an answer if you would even consider it
  16. Rhythar Augur

Having read Captain Video's post, I do agree with him that it is a dangerous precedent to change the server rules later on, even if it's universally accepted as beneficial to that particular server.
  17. Oggnasius New Member

Lets be realistic the reason there is a different server called Rizlona is that most people, myself included do not want to compete with 6, 12, and 24 boxer not the people playing 2 or even 3 boxes. As for the oh I want the vanilla experience I boxed my wifes enchanter with my SK all the time back in the original Kunark launch era. I tend to agree agree with the relaxing of the rules for true/multi boxing setups would help with server longevity. I still would not like to see 12, and 24 boxers overrunning the small amount of OW content that is needed for quests which was the original reason for the seperation of Aradune, and Rizlona. Not that there are any of those on this server now.
  18. Keella Journeyman

What Danger is that?

If I were to guess you are you both using the "slippery slope" argument?

Because without some pretty strong evidence to support a genuine slippery slope case you are almost always just propagating a fallacy when doing so.
  19. Captain Video Augur

If you want to argue that, you need to direct your remarks to the dev team, because they're the decision-makers here, not me.
  20. Rhythar Augur

If you betray a customer's trust, they will be less likely to invest their time and money into the game in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.