Please remove the keys to HS / VP and after...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyranel, Aug 31, 2017.

1. JokurxAgnarr New Member

Nothing my like guilds like Trucidation using warp auto looting to ruin the experience. Wonder how many people quit subs due to such bad GMs guidesdevd
    Urshulgi and SithWizard like this.
  2. SithWizard Elder

I completely agree, I want the following changes for the VP key quest.

1. Ground spawn timers for VP key = 15 minutes.
    2. Increased spawns of the key mobs instead of the PH (say 25 percent likely its the key piece mob and not the PH). Namely the ones in KC and DL.
    3. Change the way the Ancient Jarseth works, make him spawn at one location with a placeholder and a 25 percent chance to spawn per PH kill.

As it stands now it is not very fun and to be honest most of the gear drops in VP are garbage with the exception of PharaDar. This does not mean I do not want to experience the fun of raids in VP. Just realize that most of the players are older now with families and jobs.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  3. Senadin Elder

Guys from trucidation have been sitting on the spawn for at least a day now with auto click on.... Funny how the devs will respond to issue about how many toons you leveled during the bonus xps but dont asnwer this...
  4. Xanathol Augur

Hey, the DBG folks say don't "blacklist" players! :rolleyes: An honest company would thank people for outting the rule breakers...
  5. Senadin Elder

I didnt say any names....
  6. Rhodz Augur

Why not? Enough guilds cant get people keyed and people stop buying kr to get past this and the uproar just might work, has in the past.
    Starring at the ground isn't working... compliance does not work.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, that massive krono rebellion managed to shift the block from kaesora to SONH with no other change to the experience whatsoever. Keep trying more of that.
  8. Lankie Augur

They are probably using an auto-inventory script, how about keep dropping different items on the ground until their inventory is full?
  9. JokurxAgnarr New Member

Has anyone got banned or anything change yet? Or they don't give a F bout it.
  10. Funk Augur

You made a choice to play on a server with these rules. Now you want to change them to suit you. You alone made the choice knowing this would be the situation. Now you regret your decision and demand changes to soothe the pain.
    jeskola likes this.
  11. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Nah I'm pretty sure people play here because they like EverQuest, not staring at a ground fighting with 3rd party software cheaters over who clicks a bag first.

Worthless post.
    Deadshade, Urshulgi, Wayylon and 2 others like this.
  12. Funk Augur

You must have missed the part where I said people have a choice. You choose to subject yourself to classic shenanigans when you choose to start over on a new progression server.

Nobody forces you to do this as there are plenty of other server choices if you like Everquest. You also know they don't police hackers so once again this is a voluntary choice to subject yourself to these situations then whine about what you are experiencing when you know full well that would be the case.
    jeskola likes this.
  13. Trevalon Augur

Bleh NM
  14. Senadin Elder

No need for them to police, people have done the foot work for them! All they have to do is corroborate the evidence provided to them.
  15. Ravanta Suffer Augur

As annoying as it is to have the key to HS be so difficult to get, let me just say that while I really am disappointed I could not LEVEL in Howling Stones (as that's where I cut my teeth when Kunark released and that is an extremely common trait) I really don't think Howling Stones can support the number of players that would flock to it if it were open to all.

By today's standards, HS is just a mess. It is simply not a friendly zone for the random casual person to exp in like sebilis/chardok are. The zone-in is hostile, the zone out is so rarely even used, the number of people falling through the holes in the floor even though they KNOW there are holes in the floor would just make it complete chaos.

I mean, chaos can be fun sometimes...

But for what it's worth, there is a certain appeal to HS being effectively a death trap. Removing the key requirement is a terrible idea.

What is also a terrible idea, is the key for HS being something that can be so easily monopolized. There are lots of things that have changed to make the game more accessible on TLP's...and our pace at playing the game is accelerated as a result. But the HS key remains the same as it always was, even though there are surely more players on Agnarr than there were on any individual live server when Kunark launched.

TLDR: I want more people to be able to enjoy HS, but I don't want the zone to be turned into the ultimate place to power-level a level 40 character, because that's exactly what would happen. HS is great BECAUSE it can be so isolated at times.
  16. Wowjustwow Elder

Just make the prod no drop and remove the other sword from the quest so it will not be multi-questable. Than people would have to sell loot rights which isn't very appealing at all.
  17. Communist Puppy Augur

I'm a bit sad that they didnt put AJ back to the way it was, that woulda made agnarr .
  18. wherehouse Lorekeeper

The quest is already not multi-questable
  19. Rhodz Augur

I am not advocating any such "revolt", if the people buying these things were the type to actually do something they would not be there buying Kr to get past this honey pot of a game mechanic.
    So no wont be expecting any concerted effort just placing the bug in someone's ear that might click and they keep their money or save themselves the aggravation. The thinking ones... the rest meh who cares.
  20. jeskola pheerie

If any of the proposed solutions to this alleged hs key problem were implemented, there would just be a new thread with the same people crying about the number of people in their HS pick and how they are being griefed. This is the 5th generation of official progression servers. I don't blame dbg for ignoring this "issue".