Please remove the keys to HS / VP and after...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyranel, Aug 31, 2017.

1. fastboy21 Augur

There really isn't anything **wrong** here. You aren't entitled to the mob. You aren't entitled to get into the zone. The people winning this mob aren't breaking any rules and they aren't doing anything you can't do. They are playing the same game as you and winning.

But but but...I play a melee and can't bind...but but but I can't instant gate...but but but...I am not guilded and have no puppet strings...but but but...I don't have a box that I can use...but but but...

Basically, in the final analysis of how you want things to be you are really just saying that you want to be able to get into keyed zones without having done (won) the bits to get in. It really has nothing to do with the gating/charming mechanics...it doesn't even have anything to do with people being dicks. It is just a sense of being denied what you believe you are entitled to have. These bits aren't part of your sub, you have to win them. Get over it. Grow a pair and actually earn them by playing the game how it needs to be played.

Stop making excuses and beat them at their own game (EverQuest). Or, patiently wait a few weeks until the race for the bits calms down. Honestly, I've met very very few new to EQ players here...but for a crowd of old school hard core weathered EQ players you all whine about a game that you know is much harder than the easy mode you are currently playing it on.

Its not how I would have set up the server, but they were pretty clear about the rules. There is WAY more great stuff to enjoy then bad stuff to complain about in instanced.
    Ethiria likes this.
  2. Senadin Elder

Dont remove the keys but there is no reason for ground spawn to take this long. I dont want the key given to me but time sink like sitting and trying to click a ground spawn for hours is ridiculous. There's 15 billions frogs for Seb.... There wasnt that many back then... So why change that but the rest stays the same? Same thing with HS, increase the spawn rate or have it drop more prod.
  3. JokurxAgnarr New Member

The DEVS really need to change this its ruining the community's experience with such toxic people farming the keys. Get rid of these such lame keeys now.

For people saying agnarr is classic and we should enjoy keys... well nothing about agnarr is classic... all the timers are faster. mobs are easier... potions... maps.... market store.... nothing on this server is classic..they cant even get that right. its just more cash grab for DB who ruined the game. and dont even have good DEVs or GMs to run the place...

Lets make DPS race rules cause we dont wanna work and settle the disputes of Camps being KSd..So set free for all so we dont have to do anything.
  4. nostalgicfool Augur

Keys like many aspect of Everquest were just plainly stupid time sinks. The main designer is sort of worshiped because he actually managed the team that designed the first MMO. When Everquest was released it was looking like a game from the late 80s or early 90s, yeap just 10 years late. The classes and the combat system were very standard (if compared to usual single player games) with many be the exception of the bard class. Pure melee classes were super boring 3-4 buttons toons.

The initial design was terrible, clerics (complete heal, 90%+ rez) were GODS but totally unfun to play, in POP melee damage was so absurd that my druid got many aas in agro kiting groups which sometimes included a poor melee that was probably trying to hit the snared mob while being spammed with "too far" or "cannot see your target" message. Peoples were great but the whole mechanics was completely insane, ill-designed, unbalanced. I remember soloing a mob that had just wiped a group of my level...

Reading the forums i actually think that what make the game strong was a) well it was the first and only one available, muds had been around for years but it was the first 3d mud, dungeon master was released around 1987 an the ultima serie is very old b) internet was starting to be used outside the science campuses c) you could not really do much alone.

Everquest high priest and gourou is quite similar to Bill Gates whose success is not due to any real achievement other than an exclusivity contract with IBM, msdos was a very poor product, something 1-2 decade behind Unix and Unix like system, and Microsoft never produced anything decent before at least 2000.Both had a monopoly and a captive market.

So sure keys were wrong, if getting a key would have meant killing some bosses it could have been ok, but most meant killing trash mob or hailing npc or grabing something on the ground. The idea was to have timesinks, this is the worst idea you can have.

A game is about fun, and challenging content not about mindless grind.

Keys are not very important but they indicate a state of mind in the original dev team, the idea that players were captive and would do anything no matter how boring it was.

This state of mind, which is the opposite of "our players must have fun and challenges", is still present at DBG, recently one of historic Eq2 designer (a good guy indeed so it was surprising), commenting about a very disastrous content they had released said : "If you don´t like don't play it". And indeed it is what the players did, they left (both for everquestm and eq2).

(c) is probably the only thing that was actually great, it created real bound between players.
    And (c) is really something that is missing in other games.
    Rhodz likes this.
  5. Rhodz Augur

About as true as anything that could be said on the situation.;)
    No matter the format, TLP, Live, , running a game WELL means ditching bad ideas like last weeks garbage.
    All and I mean ALL this does is make some scum bags a bit richer and costs the game players. Oh yeah fun times...
  6. Wayylon Augur

52 in Loio and no pick available... what is this garbage?
  7. Senadin Elder

Another idea that they could do, and probably easily. Move the ground spawn in a random area so it never spawn at the same spot twice in said given area. Folks again tonite are using auto clicking tools to collect the ground spawn while afk'ing on it all night long. That way you dont have 15 people looking at a single point all trying to click it, using stickfigures and what have you. I am getting very frustrated, spent easily about 10 hours in Swamp trying to get that ground spawn! No FUN DEVS! Please deal with this crap!
  8. Machentoo Augur

Sure, then the guys using map hacks (the same ones using auto clickers for the most part) can just get up and run straight to it with less competition when it spawns. Sounds like a win for the rule abiding folks.
  9. Senadin Elder

Still sitting at the Swamp spawn... day 2! I think i see moss on my face and fingers from being close to the ground for so long.
  10. Arrk Augur

Either remove the need for keys....

Or make it so the spawns have no PH/are alwasy up. Make the ground spawns 1 min respawn... Bascially make it so people can get the keys...
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  11. Jeszi New Member

It would be fantastic if spawn timers could be reduced further. Ground spawns for VP keys in particular are quickly becoming a hot topic and source of frustration for a lot of players.

The time to spawn vs. the server population is not at a good ratio - for example, the pileup of characters waiting in SoNH represents days of time for players to sit and stare at the ground and click (that's if they're doing it legitimately). Population is wonderful, please don't frustrate them.
    Senadin likes this.
  12. Senadin Elder

Another solution if you want to make it somewhat hard. Just make it drop from any mob in zone but with a low% drop rate... Tho it would be much easier if the spawn rate was simply increased.
  13. Rhodz Augur

I do not know which is sadder, the people defending this PoS game mechanic(devs included) or the people going along with it by starring at the ground for days on end.
    Kinda looking at the second group....
    Wayylon, Jaxarale01 and MyShadower like this.
  14. Senadin Elder

Not many other options is there? Doing nothing isnt an option.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Sure it is. Very few guilds are going to kick you if you say, look, this is stupid, I'll wait till the crowd thins out to finish my key.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  16. Senadin Elder

Not about being kicked it is about bottleneck. An example of a key system that is fair, VT key. Sure you can sell the shards but they cant be 'ed
  17. Machentoo Augur

Completely agree, the Kunark key quest is awful, especially on the current TLP's.

It's probably not going to change, though. They did their review and made the changes they wanted to make on Phinny. So, if it sucks, and it is not going to change, choosing not to bang your head against the wall is a viable option.
    Senadin likes this.
  18. Senadin Elder

Someone had a good idea at the spawn.... Everyone who needs those damn spawn, let's just trigger new zones... rince and repeat.... Massive amount of people collaborating together would fix this since the devs dont seems to give a (lack of response). As long as the Kronos keep rolling in!
  19. fastboy21 Augur

It isn't an issue of fixing it. It's an issue of it not being a problem.

There are any number of fixes to the key issue, the easiest of which is to just open up the friggin zones.

Why haven't they done that? It's working as intended. I'd wager that most of the people complaining about how hard it is to get their HS key haven't even really made a serious effort or tried at all to get one. I hung out at the key area over the weekend. I got my prod by just being grped up with friends and being ready to compete for the spawn. No puppet strings. No gate. Honestly, aside from the time sink, it wasn't even hard.
  20. Senadin Elder

More an issue with VP keys than HS.... HS has 2 parts! 1 of which is rather very easy! VP has 9 parts plus a dragon kill. I'd say the dragon is the easiest part!