Please recind the riposte nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Sep 24, 2019.

1. skabe Elder

2. Bamboompow Augur

You know, everyone gets the whole " You need to submit data/proof or stop Ur whining" boiler plate standard form answer but why can't the dev team generate that data set themselves before they roll things out? Why is it up to players to use a third party parser (which the game should have built in 4fs) and whatever logs, proof etc and then argue our case? The "Its their game" argument cuts both ways, Pie. They should be cognizant of whats going on. Or is it just another case of Minimum Viable Product where they cobble copy paste something together and hope it works to some minimum standard?

If they knew full well the consequences and decided it was worth the annoyance to the players to proceed than there really is not much anyone can do.
  3. Piemastaj Augur

I can not even begin to tell you the amount of hours I have spent parsing things to try and implement changes to nerfs. To try and implement fixes for current broken things. The amount of PMs that get sent out, and all of the effort to try and get things adjusted and or changed. It sux when nerfs happen, but if people are so hurt or upset by them then maybe put effort into fixing them instead of saying 'my friends don't like this change plz fix'.

Get data, post parses, reach out to the developers. Having 17 threads made about the same topic with insignificant amounts of data in them does nothing, but waste time.
    Funky likes this.
  4. Bamboompow Augur

After this happening so many times for so many years, players (customers) just get tired of it. A majority will just say "This is dumb" but will get over it and get used to the new reality. Some will say "That's it, I'm done" which is also perfectly reasonable. Its commendable that you put in the effort, but for most of us our only "right" we get is to complain about our experience in game without having to get into the science of it.

This thing with EQ and when there are things perceived to be wrong, well its like calling your auto mechanic with a car issue and having them tell you to buy a lap top, plug it into the diagnostic port on your vehicle and then email them the data stream first. After that they MIGHT consider looking at your problem. Well that's BS. Eq players are customers too and hey, they just want to play the game. If the changes that occur are untenable than they at least want to vent. We are Customers who pay for this stuff. That's it .That's all.There is no more.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Before patch, a tank could kill five current content mobs at once.

After patch, same tank can kill five current content mobs at once.

Forgive my ignorance, but............
  6. Piemastaj Augur

Or you get into the science of it and try and get it changed, if it means that much to you, you would go the extra mile. While I do understand that complaining with no actual data is so much easier to do, it simply wastes your time.

This has been happening for over a decade. The fact that people still do not understand the logic of how to get things changed is astounding. It is the same at any type of job or business if u don't like a change prove why it is bad. If you choose not to, or fail to prove it enough that is on you.

The bottom line is, this is the developers game. If they chose to delete every class tomorrow except for Mages they can. This would be a much bigger conversation than Ripo nerfs, but I guarantee there would be a lot more facts/reasoning to adjust that change than people are showing for this one.
  7. Laronk Augur

Like Pieman said, you need to actually parse stuff rather than say "this is a Uge change, the biggest change you'll ever see!"

Oh and the customer isn't always right.
  8. Tucoh Augur

If I can't turn to face some low level mobs and instantly blow them up with ripostes like Bhallaladeva here, what's the point?

[IMG]
  9. Bamboompow Augur

Pie, your resolve on these sort of things is commendable. Not everyone places that much importance on "the science", however. Many players don't know how or it just isn't that important. This game is not a "need". If the power company screwed up the power bill, then yah most would be sciencing the ever loving brown word that starts with S of that. After all, you can't tell the power company to EF off, unless you enjoy being in the dark, so what choice do you have but to work with them on an empirical level. Otherwise they don't care.

This game? If it crosses a threshold of annoyance where people have to ask, "Why am I paying for this silliness?", well its easier just to allocate that play money somewhere else and leave the science to those who actually care that much. In my case if I was not a player who is two (soon to be 3) expacs behind, who mostly does tradeskilling, I might be more apt to not just complain and put up an actual fight.

Not this time. I can farm TS mats all day with a Silver Account. If I am gonna be annoyed, I can at least say I am not shelling out my dollars to be annoyed. Rl and in- game priorities change and I'll re-up to a paying customer at some point, but for now my simple quiet corner of EQ still somehow managed to get messed with on a level of annoyance. Not game breaking or world ending. Annoying. Sitting in bumper to bumper traffic in a construction zone on the interstate annoying. Hey the road has to get repaired at some point, right so it should be viewed as a positive. Still going to get where I want to be, but I am still gonna be pissed off when I get there. That kinda annoying.

After my bard got nerfed, my paladin's belt nerfed...heh enough.
  10. Natal Augur

GMM mobs are a little harder than before, but I can still run the HA in about the same time, a few minutes longer maybe. So IMO the overall contribution of the riposte changes has been relatively insignificant.

I think the main reason people are bent out of shape about it is that they won't be able to use it to mass kill grey mobs any more.