Please, PLEASE stop

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gynek, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Gynek Lorekeeper

Seriously, stop doing xp bonuses. It makes this game unplayable every time. And for a week. This has been a terrible experience, pick a different reward PLEASE
  2. Darcewin Journeyman

i am thinking of playing WoW classic its that bad and i hated WoW classic
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm glad today is opposite day!
    ForumBoss and KimchiGoddess like this.
  4. That0neguy Augur

if by "this game" you mean one server, sure.
    jeskola likes this.
  5. ForumNugget Journeyman

Blaming XP bonus is pointing your finger at the wrong problem. They should def continue xp bonuses, but fix their shiz before doing the xp bonuses.
  6. Machen New Member

Yeah. They definitely should fix their problems on one single overpopulated server before letting players on the other 24 servers enjoy any xp bonuses. Makes total sense.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Would be nice if they could figure out a way to use scale-able servers. That way it could adjust under heavy loads. Then again, this game was written in what, 1996 or something (assuming a 2-3 dev cycle)? I'm surprised we aren't having to install Dosbox.
  8. yerm Augur

"Please stop doing things that make people want to log in and play" what a god awful thread.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  9. Healiez Augur

I enjoyed the hell out of the exp bonus, got a couple of boxes up to 48 no problem.

Not sure what problems you encountered but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Giving nice bonuses is great, hope they never stop
  10. TheChosenOne Augur

So go play it?

Why do people keep advertising WoW on these forums, as if anyone cares. That game sucks so hard, I tried classic and it was horrendously bad. I'd rather wait in 4 hour queues every day to play EQ for 30 minutes than play that turd of a game
  11. TheChosenOne Augur

its incredible the level of whining that exists on these forums
    Duder likes this.
  12. trevock Augur

Every xp bonus we've had on Aradune has literally crippled the server in terms of playability.

Last night at 11pm EST (a work night), the zoning lag was off the charts. Over 15 minutes zoning.

Sunday around 4pm EST, the game was absolutely unplayable.
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

No thank you, I'd rather have my XP bonus days because I can actually play the game on my server.

They need to actually FIX Aradune, not punish the other 99% of the servers because of the one that's made of burning dumpster fire fail.
    Mercanyin and ForumBoss like this.
  14. Giladryan Ruan the Reckless

This is... wow. You're literally asking the devs to not provide something desirable, just because it draws people into actually playing the game. Aka, the desired effect. This is incredible. Take a bow, OP.

If only EQFlames were still around.
    yerm likes this.
  15. Lionari Elder

The xp bonus creates a negative situation on literally one server. Please keep doing the XP bonuses I love them and I opened 6 additional accounts to take advantage of the 76% boost!
  16. Gremin Augur

Having no issues on Rizlona during these bonuses. If its that bad on that server, then dont play there or dont play during the bonuses.
  17. johntherob Journeyman

If ending the XP bonus would reduce zone times to under 5 minutes on Mangler i would be all for it. The problem is they decided to make GoD go live without a server down time. The original coding wasnt written for that. So the system is trying to update EVERY single character everytime they log on or zone.
  18. Gynek Lorekeeper

Tbh, I didn't even realize (I mean, it should be obvious, but alas) that the xp bonus was for all servers. It's nice to have a bonus, don't get me wrong it's just jeeeeez that server lag, man
  19. Machen New Member

This is not correct. It's worked fine on every TLP since Combine with no downtime for server launches. The problem is not what you think it is.
  20. ForumNugget Journeyman

In my mind, delaying xp bonus a little until they get their act together wouldn't be the end of the world. But, maybe it would for many. And that delay could be indefinite, cause they can't seem to get their act together. so....dunno.