Please, no more bread, water and mana wands!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lancelove, Mar 8, 2016.

1. lancelove Augur

After all these years, I would have hoped you devs would have created an opt out button so this stuff would not be on our cursors when we come back to our afk toon. I really dont need bread or water, or mana rods for that matter...many of them...when I come back to play; if you could, make it an option somehow? Thanks guys!
    Duder, Hobitses, Mesc and 4 others like this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

I agree with you about the bread and water, but mana rods who doesnt like to have a fresh rod when you come back from being afk ? i know most mana users would agree.. if your a warr, rogue , monk or zerker ? sorry
  3. Iila Augur

You can block the AE food and water spells. Lucy or allakhazam should be able to get the spell name or number for you, then just enter it in the blocked spells window.

While you can also block mod rods, if you absolutely never want them, you can stick one of each in a housing plot. Since they're lore, you won't be able to get one on your cursor.

It's not as simple as an opt-out button, but you have the tools to never get AE food, water, or mod rods on your cursor ever again.
  4. Kreeve New Member

However much casters might like them, for many classes mod rods are completely useless. So whenever I get one, I keep it and place it on the wall of my house. The next time someone casts the same one I get a "duplicate lore item" message, which blissfully scrolls off the screen. No more mod rods!
  5. Arcainos Augur

Better yet, would be great if food was managed in the same way as the mount/illusion key ring.
    Perhaps an aa that allows you to permant-ize (yes I know that's not a word) your food buff.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

I would be happy if they disabled it for OFFLINE TRADERS and that was it. It's extremely annoying logging in a trader and every single time I have to destroy mana rods because some mage on the server goes around trolling summoning mod rods all over the bazaar
    Laurana likes this.
  7. Lassiter Journeyman

That used to bother me a lot, especially when I played my warrior, but I got over it. I have all the mod rods in my house, and you don't even need to keep paying for the house. You can let it get evicted and all the rods are still in the eviction crate.

I used to get so aggravated on my warrior. Didn't matter where I was in POK, I'd get the rods on my cursor several times a day. One day I levitated him to the top of the highest building I could get to, far away from the lag pile. I went afk and when I came back there was a mod rod on my cursor lol.
    Vumad and AlmarsGuides like this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

Iila made a great sugestion .. put the mana rods in your house then you never have to get them again . also as was stated above you can block the bread and water spells by looking up the spell id tag on lucy im sure that can be done with the rods as well so if you want rods once in awhile you can just unblock it then block it again once you go afk or in offline trader mode ?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Leex Pewpewer

You'll take this rod and like it!!
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

They should make the mod rods work for endurance as well.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I do the same except sometimes they are useful on raids and I cant get one as I have them all in my house.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually it might be as simple as a button for those that have block spell room on their toons. I suspect but admittedly do now know this but I suspect a button could be made that adds all rods to your blocked spells list or removes all rods from your block spell list.
  13. Silv Augur

And Elidroth rolled over in his grave upon reading this post!
    Iila and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I don't see why, he apparently had no problem when they added it to spells which was something else it was never supposed to be added to.

As for the OP, like others have stated the food and water can be blocked with the blocked buff window. The rods are easy to prevent without even using a blocked buff slot; get all of them once and stick them as a decoration in your house plot.
  15. Iila Augur

Traders have a full 30 buff block slots to use on mod rods, food, water, and dance tokens.

Characters that aren't traders also need to block their choices of brells/not-brells/DMF/skin/aego/FOE/haste/DBA/clarity/mod-rod/SoE/AE-food/AE-water/DMF/charisma/FOE/seasons/SE/wolf-form/other-wolf-form/another-wolf-form/werewolf-form/illusions/regen/mod-rods/more-illusions/group-lev/shrink/SoS/celerity/promised/celestial/etc....

We really need more buff block slots.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I still think this would be a good addition to the Quality of Life thread. A setting to block any summoned items from ending up on your cursor would be nice assuming it could be implemented easily.

I still think an easy solution to the summoned rods is add more block slots and simply have a button to add them all to blocked or remove from blocked. This would allow people to block them except when they actually need them. Heck adding check boxes for all summoned items and using the spell blocks sounds like it would be easy to do. I am not a programmer an could be completely wrong but it sounds like a simple script. If it would be very easy to do I am all for it.

I already have the rods in my homes and the rest spell blocked on the mains on my accounts. Too much of a pain to do it for every toon.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

They need to fix food/drink to actually be consumed to get the benefit; like potions. Would boost the tradeskill economy, and allow more powerful food to become available.
    Umbraeques likes this.
  18. Zamiam Augur

they need to fix food/drink to STACK to 100 PLS..
  19. Firrionafan Elder

This may work on the worthless summoned globes of water.

/blockspell add me 2199
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

The old mod rod is lore with the new mod rod. You can't stick the old one in your house and receive the new one. You can't receive the new one if you have it on your cursor and they have the same graphic so you can't get it until you go in your bag and destroy it. I keep the old rod on my hotbar just to make it easier for me to see when that is the problem. I would love for the old mod rod to be blockable or made not lore grouped.

All the work arounds do work but it doesn't change that the problem is a problem and is worth correcting at a base level. Start by making the old and new mod rod not lore grouped. Easy solution to implement. Who cares if people have extra. They can get C from me that lasts for 4 hours. I don't care if they get an extra 15 minutes of a lower quality death clicky. They are on the same timer so the mana regen rate is fixed. Who cares if a person has both.