PLEASE : Nerf guards killing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Babytook, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Babytook New Member

Hello all,
    It would really be cool to nerf guards killing by increasing either their HP or lowering respawn rate and reducing their loot significantely, like it was done years ago for Freeport Guards and some other cities.
    At this moment, killing guards like in Misty Thicket look a real abuse... they drop insane platinum, fast respawn rate, and are perma camped leaving newbies without guards protection.
    Im sure it has not been intended this way. Please, dont let some people looking for easy money ruin newbie zone and the game to some extend.
    Gythlen likes this.
  2. Warlorf Augur

Here is a solution .. Pull what you can kill. Guard killing has been happening since day 1 of EQ. If the guards aren't there zone, its that simple.
    nectarprime123 and Drexll like this.
  3. Numiko Augur

The guards in the true newbie yards are buffed, do not give any exp or drop anything (they are flagged as merchants) .. all guards away from the newbie areas or in cities (for the most part) are fair game.
    Malambus likes this.
  4. Sinzz Augur

sucks when I killed a guard in nro and he gave all the negative hits but no exp lol talk about a bite! that hurt lol
  5. Drexll Augur

This.
  6. taliefer Augur

the guards in the true newbie area in misty are buffed up like other gate guards.

the guards at the wall are pure luxury as thats a 5 to 10 leveling area, and are also killed for quests and loot. dat +5 cha ring.
  7. Ducreux Augur

6 Plat spears also aren't "insane platinum" .
    Drexll likes this.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I miss killing guards, but this time I went with a good character as something I never played.
  9. Zapsos Augur

Go kill evil guards?
    Hendar2 likes this.
  10. Xanadas Augur

Unfortunately DBG broke this by disallowing players to cast buffs on guards or give them weps to dual wield. I wanted to give a Felwithe guard some 1 handers and 40% haste to screw with some dark elves farming them, but I couldn't. Really lame of DBG.
  11. nectarprime123 Augur

How dare they remove the ability for you to grief people who are playing the game within the rules! The nerve!
    Drexll likes this.
  12. Xanadas Augur

Haha grief? Somebody's a little sensitive. I'm defending my city's guards by helping them out. Am I griefing monsters every time I heal a player in distress?
  13. MobileVortex Journeyman

People definitely don't charm NPCs, give them pet gear, cast buffs (see invis is fun) on them, then gate. That definitely does not happen. =D
  14. Yara_AB Augur

Only the real big boys kill gards of their home city for money :)
    Drexll likes this.
  15. Batbener Augur

Killing guards IS EQ. I had a SK that was ally to the North Freeport Paladins. I might just head to the toll booth and drop those fools for sport.
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  16. nectarprime123 Augur

OP since you posted this I will make sure to kill every guard I encounter.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  17. Rhoulicas Augur

I miss the days when evils would come and kill my banker.
  18. Healiez Augur

Some of my best memories stem from this....

(give them a cracked staff for added lols)...

Newbie runs up to hit a decaying skeleton and dies instantly from the DS.
    Drexll likes this.
  19. Idaan New Member

I've always killed guards with DE Necro, but I made a Erudite this time.. Do I need that faction at all? Killing guards is awesome xp
  20. Drexll Augur

Idk bout your faction as an Erudite, but I always rolled as a DE necro too, and guard killing is just standard necro play. Someone said that the 2 toll booth guards in commons no longer give XP, and that's a real bummer, as that was a perfect camp in the low to mid 30's.