Please make a change for EQ Aniversary.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Mar 31, 2020.

1. demoria7 Elder

One of the most prized items in game is often a mount for an anniversary. EQ prices theirs so high that you need multiple years of playing to earn one if you play an average of 2 to 4 hours a day..For working folk it becomes almost impossible. I have been playing since 2000. After the last three years I have 510 coins...... even if you do the one for 20 coins you need to do it 85 times to earn a mount. That is disheartening and extremely boring. (mobs are grey so no xp while you do it either)

If you want players to stay and enjoy rewards for the years, please make the item earnable within 4 weeks play time or a max of 20 high pay quest, not 3 months or years.

Please lower the price on the mounts or raise the amount of coins per quest.

I am hearing a lot of complaining in guild (large raiding guild on Bertox). We have never seen one of the anniversary mounts in game.

Seems counter productive for developers to reduce excitement about a game instead of providing rewards that increase excitement and wishing to play.

Why are the Anniversary mounts not on display in POK during the Anniversary anyway?

Why are the anniversary events not scalable? It's just an old game, not dead... please add back a little excitement.

When the game becomes a job... not good.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Last year I got last year's unicorn, but only because I had not spent coins from prior years + the coins are tradable on my server so I just stole my alts' coins. The cost for the mounts/bags (which are not large enough to warrant spending the hard-to-accumulate coins) has always been severely out of whack compared to the tasks/coins available to the average player.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ormal-dinner-party.264150/page-2#post-3886046

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Gynek Lorekeeper

That's ridiculous, honestly. I started with 145 coins and have been VERY lazy working on coins, and I am halfway to the new mount. Had I been ambitious, I'd have it already, and yes I work.
    Magically Delicious
    Fippy's Further Revenge
    Defending Knowledge
    War Games
    Takes one hour or less to run all those quests. 40 coins per 6hr lockout.
    It's not impossible, and you dont need to save up years.