Please lower the threshold for new picks in LGuk (Agnarr)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RandomStrategy, Jun 17, 2017.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

Just a request, there are usually around 30 people in each pick and everything is taken (not counting level 50s camping named mobs for selling). Would someone please lower the pick threshold so there are more available trash mobs so someone can just get some exp?
  2. crag79 Augur

You mean dead side is all camped but not the live side, and you don't want to go there because you can't get loot to sell.
  3. C3lowz Augur

A large portion of the Live side is always up in many of the picks, sometimes all of them.

As mentioned above, just because Dead side is perma camped doesn't mean they're going to lower the threshold when 30 players for a new pick is already plenty for both Live and Dead side Lguk.

Want trash mobs? Go form a Live side group. Or go to a different zone.
  4. Ming Tee Augur

I just wait to play until everyone goes night night. Lots of old timers play and can't stay up past 7pm so it's not a long wait, especially being pst.
  5. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

There's loot on the live side. And it's a great alternative if you just want to get exp because it mostly goes uncamped.

But there are good reasons not to kill live frogs. There are opposing factions associated with both live and dead frogs and only killing dead frogs makes life a lot easier for classes that don't invis, or you just don't want to deal with the frogs at the deadside entrance.

Also, there's eventually a quest for a wood elf illusion item usable by all races and classes. The drops are in kunark but the quest itself is luclin, I believe. It requires warmly to max faction with live frogs. Having fixed this faction for this in the past, it's definitely preferable to get a jump on it now than to have to go all the way with it later. It's not particularly difficult, but it can be kind of long.

Not every preference someone has in the game needs to have some nefarious motive attached to it. Personally, I think the pick system is great but is just barely doing its job. Preferred the way it was before they tightened the thresholds.
    Orxbane likes this.
  6. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

as a normally non evil race player, i hate ruining faction with what i consider good races. IE live froglogs. So in no way will i do live side just for xp as i consider that farming aligned cities.
  7. crag79 Augur

SO wait, you want DBG to change the number needed for a new instance for you just to not have to faction later because you don't want to kill live frogs. Sounds like a personal choice that has no bearing on everyone else on the server. You want xp, you go where the xp is and get it now. Another couple months noone will care about these xp spots because they will be complaining about Seb and HS, yet there will still be camps in those zones not taken because nothing drops there.
  8. Ultrazen Augur

We are getting to the point, where one group can monopolize the entire dead side, it happened last night. A single group was keeping the entire dead side clear, from /sup to lord.

The problem with the pick system, is that is doesn't account for farmers. High level characters can monopolize zones without spawning another pick.

As far as live side goes, I personally don't like having bad live side faction, it's just a quality of life issue.

There are so many zones, where one high level or PL group can take an entire zone and not come even close to spawning a new pick. Unrest is another prime example. Level 50 chanter and druid in there PL a group of alts, that's 8 people that are pulling literally the entire zone.

At this point, I wish they would just let a group of 6 people spawn their own instance. The server is already flooded with items, and always will be, the negative impact will be....what exactly?
  9. Kahna Augur

Considering just having /picks open for days on end on Phinny was causing the server to crash I can only imagine what letting folks grab their own personal picks would do. People would stay in them for days. These zones were never designed to have multiple instances of them running for ages. It causes server instability. It's why the picks close now. Even if you only had them open for 6 hours like instances, every single 6 man group, (or 1 person who logs on 5 off line characters so they can grab their own pick) having their own personal zone would be a massive drain on server resources.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Funny thing, the reason they took the track they did nerfing bard swarming (dots do no damage on a moving target) to prevent zone disruption was specifically so as to not impact PL groups. There was some debate about limiting the number of mobs that could be agroed on a char (logical) but you know friends and stuff. The recent revelations (heh) of certain irregularities designed for favorite sons kind of confirms it.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

No, I think the pick system is inadequate across the board and that it worked much better before they made the changes. It's not just guk, although it's a good example.

As a separate matter, I was elaborating on why people don't camp the live side for reasons other than just loot. Because there's, apparently, a pervasive particular brand of twit that plays this game that thinks it's their prerogative to offhandly assume and up other players' motives for different preferences and playstyles and dismiss them as unimportant because they don't fit their own. For the record, my main is kos to both sides because I killed both for exp.
  12. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Oh and as far as the tech issues. Fix them. Despite common tone around here this isn't a charity. There are something like 6k people posting this server. The vast majority aren't krono deadbeats. Paying customers would like to experience the content they are paying for.
  13. Montag Augur

100% this
  14. darth_void_ptr New Member

I think it's pretty well established that there are 2 camps in lguk, 3 if there's a weak group. It seems like if there are over 12 people in a pick, it's time to spawn a new pick.
  15. Risiko Augur

Dead side camps:
    1. Bedroom (bedroom, skeletons, spiders, bats) - lvl 25+
    2. Assassin/Supplier/Sav
    3. Executioner/Sage/Cavalier
    4. Frenzy/Cent (forget the spelling)
    5. Hand/Lord/AM
    On top of the camps being great for experience and loot, three of them are highly sought after.

1. Assassin - drops Dark Elf illusion mask that is usable by any race and any class (even though it claim otherwise. This version of the mask will stop dropping on the server after the Kunark expansion is released on the server
    2. Frenzy - drops the only non-raid Haste item until the Kunark expansion is released on the server
    3. AM - drops non-raid BiS robe that is required for at least one epic quest when the Kunark expansion is released on the server

The problem is that the spawn rate is actually pretty slow, so it is not uncommon to kill everything in a "camp" and have to sit around waiting for respawns. That's when the camps start poaching from each other, and the bickering comes in to play.
    The spawn rate is so low that a good group can keep all of 5, 4, and 3 down and still have to wait for respawns.

If the respawn rate was increased significantly, groups would stop poaching each other's "camps".

The fact is, we all know that isn't going to happen. What will happen is that this thread will go on deaf ears just like all the ones from the previous TLP servers complaining about this very same thing, and in August (or when ever it is), we will move on to Kunark.

I wish that was not the case, but I'll bet you a krono it doesn't change.
  16. Rhodz Augur

Only at a 100 to 1 odds heheh
    We already know how easy it is for them to vary respawn rates in a zone from that little venture into classic-fication of mobs in newbie areas last month. Well that cat is out of the bag officially now.
  17. Amoeba Augur

Every TLP gets to this point and the frustration grows on the weekend. So, I typically level on the weekdays and quest on the weekends.

Honestly, I think the TLP should have been released with Kunark already enabled and an extra 3 months till Velious. That would have added a lot of extra leveling location options as well as farming options for the farmers.

Anyway, the situation is rough right now, it the other TLPs made it through.
  18. AgentofChange Augur

This is not true. It will continue to drop for about a month & a half into the Kunark expansion. The timer for it to stop dropping is on a set # of days from a new server opening, it is not tied to any expansion in any way.

Are you calling groupable mobs in hate/fear "raid" drops?
  19. RandomStrategy Augur

So, this is the first post since I posted it I'll be replying to, but I'm not saying keep it open for each damn person, but when 12 /picks of Lower Guk are open, and each pick as 25-30 people, that means everything is camped (including the live side by high levels). I could stroll un-invis through any of those picks on the dead side from the front to the Ghoul Lord and nothing would be up to attack me. I just want someplace to grab some exp.
  20. Risiko Augur

Bored at work and looking for things to nitpick about are ya? LoL ;)