Please let us vote on TLP Instancing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dandy, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenzic Augur

I had a new idea. Could be a partial solution to help the hardcore.

Allow instancing as we've spoken about to death, but the end zone for the current expansion doesn't become instancable until the next expansion launches. For example plane of sky becomes available at kunark launch, veeshans peak at velious, ect ect. This would keep the end zones completely contested in era while allowing casuals to raid content in era that's relevent.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

The uber competitives won't yield to any solution that increases loot availability, because it shortens the gap between the top guild or two and everyone else -

Although casuals will be helped by instancing, I just don't see this issue as one between casuals and hardcore - I see it as one between hardcore guilds and the less hardcore (but still hardcore) guilds.

A guild full of players that take the first 2 weeks and play non-stop til they're 50 and group-geared enough to get started raiding is hardcore, even if they can't sustain the play schedule of spending 12+ hours multiple times per week. So this is issue is between the type of hardcores I just described, and the hardcores that can also spend 12 hours+ per week on AFK camps. However, since 12 hour AFK camps isn't skill, I don't consider it to be something that makes them better than the other type.

Casuals, on the other hand, are the ones that either aren't raiders, or the most hardcore of the casuals might become raid-capable just before the next expansion hits. Either way, they don't have a real stake in this fight.
  3. Vaclav Augur

One major issue with that though would be PoP follows exactly the opposite formula however. So would PoP just 100% instance or have to get uninstanced for Time, or..?

It's an unfortunate conundrum.
  4. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Jain was an officer of Twisted Legion on Fippy, he may just know a thing or two about competitive guilds ;-).
  5. Staley New Member

Yes please put this to a vote.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Let me rephrase - the vocal opponents in this thread would reject such solutions.

Although, now that you make me think deeper on it...I could have sworn that some of the people who opposed instancing on the loot rarity basis...didn't they also say later that they weren't hardcore raiders?

Hmmmm...

And I know it's off-topic a bit, but just because I'm pro-instancing doesn't mean I want game design to go mad to the point where you just hail loot mobs in PoK and it subtracts SC from your account and gives you the loot - which is, while hyperbole, where modern games are going. Not looking for that, either...
  7. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Some claimed not to be hard core raiders, 1 of those people even claimed to be a casual that got Nagafen on Fippy during the classic era, but if anyone believe that, then I have some bridges to sell in the Karanas...
    Grish likes this.
  8. Grish Augur

Man, it would be really nice to own one of the Karana Bridges.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey guys,

I just wanted to jump in here and clarify that we don’t ever want to offer a poll to our players where we can’t deliver on each of the possible results. We will be not be doing a vote for instancing for the progression server we’re launching this summer.

We've been looking into this option internally and discussing how this would work on the new progression server. Given the amount of time it would take to build proper instancing for old world content, this is not something our team could have ready for the next progression server launch.

While I'm locking this thread (since we're not doing a vote), we're not opposed to people talking about this on the forums. FYI, after discussing this at length with the team, we feel pretty strongly that the races and competitions for targets are an inherent part of what made early EverQuest unique. Changing that would be a pretty significant departure for the people who want to experience the gameplay that existed in EverQuest's infancy.

We appreciate the information everyone has been providing to us in regards to the time locked progression server, and we DO want this new server to be something that comes together based on community feedback. While we don’t want to stop you from providing your feedback, we also want to be clear about where we're at so we can have conversations about the things that we do have the ability to build and change about this server before the summer launch of the next time locked progression server!
    Rhoulicas, Aenoan, Vaclav and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.