Please let us vote on TLP Instancing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dandy, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dandy Augur

[IMG]

The only way to truly know what the players want in regards to instancing raids on the upcoming TLP server is to poll us.

What would YOU like to see in a poll?

A simple YES/NO?

Or perhaps something more specific:

1. Instance all open world raids.
    2. Instance some open world raids.
    3. Instances & non-instances of open world raids.
    4. No instancing of open world raids.

Whether you're FOR or AGAINST the instancing of open world raids, lets spread the desire to put it to a vote!

Here's some forum signature propaganda:

[IMG]

Wear it with pride!
    Soltara, Devol, anathema and 5 others like this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Seconded- let the People of Norrath decide.
    Frenzic likes this.
  3. Mezrah Augur

I agree.
    Frenzic likes this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

To be honest, I'd even remove the TLP part. Existing servers could benefit by it too in many cases.

And of course would cultivate more votes for since they don't tend to poll just server while it's pre-production like this.

A blind Y/N going to Live players many of which have no intentions to TLP could well end in another 51/50 issue from irrelevant voters influencing things.
  5. Frenzic Augur

We believe that more people are for than against. Let us prove it to you with accounts!

Polls take very little effort so let's do it.
  6. yukan Augur

Part of the classic feel people desire is having people everywhere. Instancing group zones would encourage boxers and take away from the appeal of what it's like to have to work with other people. The problem we're addressing is the initial overcrowding in group zones and the backlog of people who want to raid, but can't due to the people using hacks, training, and contesting every single mob winning.

I would much rather have more than 1 server or reduced open world raid boss timers than instances. 18 hour spawn timers on major bosses for slower paced servers will most definitely be a better option than instances to me.
  7. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

People are referring to instancing raid targets / planar zones, not normal dungeons, that really would be throwing the baby out with the bath water...
    Dandy and Frenzic like this.
  8. Arderd and Crowd Augur

They are talking about raid mobs, not exp group stuff - I can't see how it would change having people every coz raids wouldn't last long and they would then come out to exp.
  9. Vaclav Augur

And not removing the uninstanced versions either - so there would often be groups "camping out the spawn" for Nagafen or whatever raidwise as well.
    Dandy likes this.
  10. Dandy Augur

[IMG]

There's one for all the gnome haters. I have no life... Summer can't come soon enough!
  11. yukan Augur

I see that now, I just got up so I guess I didn't fully digest what I read. However I am still curious as to what people think of reduced spawn timers instead of instancing.'

And for what it's worth, I would much rather have instanced open world raid targets than have 1 server with normal spawn timers.
    Arderd and Crowd likes this.
  12. Portis Augur

You had me till i saw a gnome!
    Soltara and Dandy like this.
  13. Stewgottz Augur

Gnomes > High elfs
    Dandy likes this.
  14. Portis Augur

Ohh thanks i see the gnome edit..

Just to be awkward, a combination of;

2. Instance some open world raids.
    3. Instances & non-instances of open world raids.
  15. Portis Augur

Is this some weird 'rock > paper > scissors' version?
  16. Vaclav Augur

Hooray! Switching (Although Erud > *)
  17. Stewgottz Augur

Nope, its fact. Gnomes are better than high elfs.

We need a poll over which race should be the representative for the Let us Vote on TLP Instancing sig.
    Irbax_Smoo and Dandy like this.
  18. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Reducing the spawn time for the raid targets would only reward the hard core raiders, they would be able to gear up faster. I support decreasing the spawn time for the normal mobs in the Planes of Fear, Hate and Sky though, doing so would help to eliminate some of the blocking that occurred (I am mostly thinking about keys in PoS).
  19. br3333nt Journeyman

Vote or not, the results would probably the same- they just don't want to spend the time to do it. Here's for hoping though!
    Frenzic likes this.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

Put in something that will banish the previous killers of the mob until it has respawned and been killed once.

However, even what you say would be a better result - hardcore raiders would get geared up faster and they'd move on faster.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.