Please investigate ultra rare drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Tucoh Augur

I can also confirm having killed 1 million mobs in EoK and have only gotten 2 rare drops. When the GM gives Cicelee a rare, put one in each of my boxes' inventories too.
  2. Karhar Dream Crusher

I saw my first rare drop since cotf the other day..
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

just out of curiosity, what method makes you sure you've killed over one million mobs in empires of kunark. I doubt you counted with your fingers.
  4. Skvoid Elder

If you have your logging on its very easy to see how many mobs you have killed, my logging has been turned on since 2004 :) It's fun to sometimes randomly read your old chat logs! When log file gets too big I save it to a folder called old logs.
  5. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Ive been killing in EoK non stop since release.... I eat hot pockets and poop in a bucket my mom keeps clean. I haven't seen any rare loot. Although I do play a rogue so Ive only killed like 4 MOBs so far.
    Metanis likes this.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Stop taking time out to poop and you might get one. Diapers for the win!
  7. YellowBelly Augur

8. Sissruukk Rogue One

You've killed 4? I've only gotten 3 so far :(
  9. Nightops Augur

By now, everyone should know drop rates & spawn rates are always increased during the first week or two of a new expansion. The same practice holds true when new things are introduced like merc gear in EoK. This increase in rates effects things like ultra rares and even collection ground spawns & drops.

Soo.. if you didn't get the hint... when daybreak introduces something new... expansion, merc gear, HH zone, etc... go for it on the first day (or weekend for expansions).

During the seb HH, I saw at least 6 augs on the first day within a few hours. After the first day, I saw only 2 or 3 for the entire duration of the revamp.

EQ has been this way as long as I have been playing. I can remember my first true expansion launch for the luclin expansion when killing in Fungus Grove during the first weekend resulted in a spell drop every 6-7 kills and the whole group could fill all their bags with spells; but coming back just a week later would take 30+ kills to get a single spell.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

*this* loot will continue to be "luck."
    To "earn" (the effort you mentioned) "these" items (their equivalent), you need to participate in raids.

Wow. This is a fun bit of false conspiracy. We can't even change drop rates without at least a hotfix(items on specific NPC's), and sometimes a server down. (things that drop in the whole zone)
    Sure, we can change the rate rares themselves spawn. But, we don't do that except on events, like 4th of July.
    What Typically happens with expansions is that amount of people in certain zones shift over the first two weeks... which by itself affects the rate, because the rate of NPC kills is greater. More NPC's killed = more rolls on the drop tables = on AVERAGE more drops.
    HH seb was just luck.
    Jamazar, Funk and Skewert like this.
  11. Feznik Elder

Ngreth,

Any chance you can confirm you aren't adding stuff to the same loot table, like purity augs, mercenary gear that was recently added, event ornaments (erollisi day, xmas ornaments, st. patricks day ornaments, etc.) Which would effectively change the drop rate.

Even adding another completely separate loot table of "mercenary gear", would change the drop rate wouldn't it? If there were 5 loot tables to roll between and 6th got added now it has to roll between 6 and then another roll in the "rare" table?
  12. Tucoh Augur

In addition to more people, often the first month of release has top-end players in well-organized groups just annihilating zones. They get their progression/hunter achievements done quickly and a few months later it's mostly up and coming players or boxed groups in zones.
  13. Prathun Developer

Loot tables are rolled independently.

If an NPC has:
    Loot table 1: 10% chance to drop a diamond
    Loot table 2: 50% chance to drop a rat tail, 50% chance to drop rat whiskers
    Loot table 3: 100% chance to drop a short beer

Adding a fourth loot table that gives this NPC a 5% chance to drop mint chip ice cream doesn't reduce the likelihood of any of the previous drops. It will still always have a short beer, always have either a rat tail or rat whiskers, and have a 10% chance to drop a diamond.
    Funk, Skewert, Phrovo1 and 6 others like this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

So far in my travels through EOK, not a single mob has dropped a short beer.

In addition to the ultra rare item in my previous post on this thread, I now demand a short beer on my magician. And if you want to throw in a mint chip ice cream as well, then my faction with EQ developers may reach warmly. Or kindly. Or ally...
    Funk, Nolrog and Tallie like this.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

So what your are saying is that if you find a mob that is trying to get you drunk, it is probably also going to give you tail, and then maybe a proposal?
    Funk, Fanra, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  16. Mykaylla Augur

But only very rarely will it buy you ice cream as well.
    Act of Valor, Prathun, Ghubuk and 3 others like this.
  17. Sindaiann Augur

I deny this proposal of tail or the like. Lord knows I don't need anymore kids
  18. fransisco Augur

Where are these drunken rats!
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

Ive not seen a single rare this whole expansion. Other than SEBs for that time Ive been EOK whole time. 35 augs, merc gear yes, rares, no. Getting one must be High elf privilege?
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It is just blind luck on the Ultra Rares. I never once saw a rare drop in CoTF or TDS, I got lucky with 1 rare drop in EoK, I know others on the server have gotten way more then me it's all in the rng. As Ngreth and others have pointed out, the reason they seem more common at release is the amount of people farming them is way more at the start.