Please investigate ultra rare drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Tutankamen Augur

Please fix the ultra rare drops in EoK zones. I haven't heard of anyone getting a blue weapon drop in months. I'm wondering if there is something wrong. I personally have killed a million mobs in those zones and never seen a rare.

Please check this out, thanks.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There is nothing wrong with them. They're rare for a reason.
  3. blaydh New Member

@2 mobs per minute...which is pretty decent in an EoK zone.

2*60 = 120 kills per hour
    120*24 hours = 2,880 kills per day (assuming you do not sleep and do nothing else but EQ)

1m kills would take 347 days of straight killing.

347 days ago was August 2016

EoK was released November 2016

I'm calling shenanigans. ;)
    Xanadas, Lilybeme, Orbital101 and 3 others like this.
  4. Goodn Augur

1 million mobs killed...

EoK has been playable for 200 days (a little more I think, but it is close)...

...that means you have killed 5000 mobs per day for 200 days...

...or 208.3 mobs per hour (assuming 24 hour play per day)...

...or 3.472 mobs per minute (assuming 24 x 60 minute play per day).

How many keyboards have you run through in the past 200 days?

Snarky commentary on your million claim not withstanding, I know that we have had 3 ultra rares acquired by people in my guild (granted a large family one) in the last 2 months. And I have heard people in /general or /ooc talk about acquiring at least 10 others in the same time period.
  5. Cleaver Augur

they're 1/5555.5555 or so. You could easily go 50k-100k kills without seeing one or you could kill 20 mobs and see 2.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Those jboots, am I right?
    Thancra likes this.
  7. Bigfan Augur

I've easily killed 75k mobs since the Merc armor patch, have not seen a ultra rare in chardok/kor labs/fm/droga.

My rate of kill is a mob every 12-14sec.

It's just bad luck, but also I blame Merc armor.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

I thought "rare" was the key word in regards to these things...
  9. Cicelee Augur

Yesterday after the patch I killed around 4 billion mobs before logging. A group member told me it was 95 but I don't believe him, I know it was 4 billion. And I did not see any ultra rares either.

DBG make this right and give my character an ultra rare in my inventory when I log in on Friday, stat.
  10. Tannin Steelblade Journeyman

I have run thru the expansion a couple times doing all quest lines, did all the hunter camps for quite some time, and spent my fair share of time in FM just killing naks hopin for a drop. While some warrior i know said he as seen just north of 15 drops.. i myself have seen 1 blue item. Well i am not sure its blue its an earring. Found that in Chardok while clearing some mobs for one of the named there. Off a dog i do believe. I remember being very lucky in Call of the Forsaken with the dark elf plate ornament armor. Stuff fell like rain for me was out fitted in a couple days, even managed to pass out a few extra robes, and assorted items to friends. Some said that was rare to put together a suit of it at the time. Take the good with the bad i guess.
  11. Maedhros High King

Saw a blue monk/beast H2H 2 weeks ago which I of course lost the roll on. One of my guild members had 6 drop for him in the first 2 or 3 months, while I have yet to win one and only have had 3 total drop for my groups. Seems pretty random and rare just like we can assume it was intended to be. Your total kill count increases the likelihood that one drop for you but does not guarantee it.
  12. Feznik Elder

Merc armor is probably on the same loot table as the rares as well as the purity augs both 25/35 purity augs. So 1/5555 is not accurate number to go by anymore, every time they add stuff to the same table like they probably did with merc armor, it lowers the drop rate.

Its like you have a paper bag you put your hand into which has 1 red marble and 4 white ones, so chance of picking the red marble is 1 in 5. Now, you decide to add 20 more white ones, then the chance is 1/25.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

Every time Merc Armor drops, I am at first like, "Oh YEAH!"
    Then I mouse over it to see the name, and then am like, "Ahh, man..."
    Maedhros likes this.
  14. Cleaver Augur

That's not how it works. Also there is nothing but the chase loot on that loot table ive been told this in PMs. you have a 1/5555.5555 chance of rolling for that loot table then there are dozens of items it will roll for from that table but every item is chase loot. Merc armor, purity augs none of that effects chase loot.

Its pretty dam simple to figure out merc armor and purity augs are not on that loot table just from how many you see drop every day. I got hundreds of merc armor I stopped looting the crap.
    Sheex likes this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Soooo much of this is perception. When the exp is new and people are living there the drop rate seems better than it is because even if you're not lucky, friends are, guildmates are, jerkoffs trying to cross server buy/sell them in general are, etc etc.

Now deep into the expansion with much less people doing things there, the overall influx of them is much lower, and thus "omg drop rate is broken fix it!"
  16. Havanap Elder

If the probability of getting an ultra-rare to drop is indeed 1/5555 then:
    Code:
    Mobs                                Chance to get 1 or more drops
    1000                                16.4%
    2000                                30.2%
    5000                                59.3%
    10000                               83.4%
    20000                               97.2%

Check your own numbers - I used 0.00018 as the single-trial probability (approx 1/5555)
    lancelove likes this.
  17. Horyuken Augur

20,000 mobs is a large time investment. Easier to just raid.
  18. Treiln Augur

Breaking news! This just in: ultra rare drops are....ultra rare! More news at 11

But on a serious note, the probability, even if it is 1/5555 isn't accumulative. I could walk in and kill 5 mobs and get my loot. 20% chance for me. I should probably report it as a bug and ask them to reduce the drop rate since it's so high right?

You get a 1/5555 chance per mob. Each time. It's why someone could get it on their first try, and someone else could go all expansion and not get one. Sucks, but that's how it is.
    Nolrog likes this.
  19. Tiqou Elder

Killed aprox 13k mobs since EoK and looted 3 rare: 1 range in Chardok, 1 charm in FM and 1 back in FM.
    Cloak was after the merc armor patch.
  20. Dropfast Augur

All I know is I've got royally screwed on these drops over the years. I certainly haven't killed a Mil mobs in EoK, but I bet I have over the last 4 expansions easy and have yet to get a single one to drop...ever. I did get one Ultra rare in PoW once, but that's it. 0 in Cotf (1 if count PoW), 0 in TDS, 0 in EoK. With how often I grind and how fast I kill mobs, I should of seen at least 10 these things over the past 4 years or more. Yet, nothing ever. RNG sucks but that's how it goes. If your lucky you'll tons of them drop. If not lucky, you'll never see one drop. It is what it is.

Maybe one day they will base these drops off effort rather than dumb luck. But until then, RNG ftw!