Please increase chat channel capacity

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Taemek, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Taemek Lorekeeper

400 people channel capacity is way too low, even Luclin channel is capped out constantly now.

Can you please revisit this and see what can be done to increase the capacity of the channels.

Thank you.
  2. Catashe Augur

Cause we all know how well them increasing the Bazaar cap went! And people want them to raise another cap? lol Silly people!
  3. Taemek Lorekeeper

Its a simple capacity increase, nothing more, you cant even compare or relate this to the Bazaar trader issue.
  4. Tudadar Augur

I wonder why they stopped autojoining people into backup general chats
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That would require they keep the main chat up and running first. It only been somewhat stable the last month or two.
  6. Vanrau Augur

About the time they put in the filtering system for report spam is about the time the chat server become unstable. So they did away with the extra channels. Their UCS needs to be recoded apparently because the chat server can't handle more connections. I think they need to take some lessons from some IRC server software.
  7. Random newb Augur

I'd laugh if come Tuesday they say, sorry about the show on Sunday guys. That lag and roll backs were an unanticipated side effect of trying to increase chat channel capacity.
  8. Banecrow Elder

No , the not being in channel thing sucks. Seriously I want to be able to talk with people not just twiddle my thumbs.
  9. Zujilli Elder

This also drives me nuts and I hope they can find a way to increase chat channel capacity someday.
  10. Astley Augur

When they increased the bazaar trader limit the first time, it caused people to crash anytime there were more than 600 traders active.

So, yeah... it can be compared.

But really... the public chat channels are terrible. Zone channels, or /guild are all you really need.