Please increase bazaar sell price cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sn00ps, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Sn00ps Journeyman

Please increase the bazaar sell price cap as 2M is way too low, especially for the firiona vie server.

Increase the cap to something like 100M to basically eliminate the problem.
    Critts and disgruntled like this.
  2. EQNoob New Member

Signed, buying and selling of TDS quality gear is a huge hassle.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I believe that they have said in the past that there is a hard limit on how high they can set that due to the way money is stored in the game and if it was to go over that limit it would cause issues.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It is a 32 bit number and changing it would be non-trivial. They made Nobles to try to get around the problem. I'm not sure if you can set the price for an item there in Nobles.
  5. Zarakii Augur

easy way to fix this. dont sell raid gear cant tell you how irritating it is to group with an outside person from my circle of friends who is better geared then me and cant hit a freakin epic or dps's like a level 85 rogue merc at 105 as a pure dps class
  6. Iila Augur

- Something a person from FV said.
  7. Zarakii Augur

i know scares the outta me too
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Changes are always easy when coming from someone who is not working with and maintaining the code. Honestly do you really think this isn't something they want to fix and would if it was that easy?
    Iila likes this.
  9. Zarakii Augur

<sarcasim mode on> this is daybreak we are talking about
  10. Cone head Augur

Mocha likes this.
  11. Sn00ps Journeyman

I might need to re-check but I didn't see anywhere to set the price of an item with nobles when setting up my trader. Is it possible to set the price in nobles on a trader?
  12. Leex Pewpewer

I do not believe Nobles are something that the bazaar accepts as currency, but something you have to trade other players for..It was a good idea, but just not fully thought out I don't think..

I remember seeing somewhere if you use copper instead of plat you can get a higher value, but I don't recall the thread, nor do I know if that still works after they increased the plat amount the baz can handle..
  13. Warpeace Augur

You can not set a price in Nobles when using the Bazzar trader mode.

Nobles were introduced to try and suck plat out of servers, Marcia Attamilgad [Rare Items] Items cost between 10 - 180 Nobles each, but due to the insane cost of many rare items it seems to have failed after a hand full were bought and tried to sell them for kings ransoms.

Currently a Noble costs you 102,499p, 4g, 2s and 2 c and they stack to 20. Forget if its the seller or buyer that basically looses money in the transaction but unless they fixed it I don't see it being used much. Need to stack to at least 100 and say flat value of 100,000p (no value loss when traded or sold)add a currency slot in the UI for them and would probably take off on all servers....maybe.
  14. Sn00ps Journeyman

If you can't deal in nobles in trader mode it makes them completely pointless. If you still have to trade in person why wouldn't you just trade in plat?
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Since Noble have to be manually traded, there's no reason to use them when you can just type out the plat value you want to hand over anyway, and you don't have to lose any to NPC tax in the process.
  16. Tiqou Elder

Any plan to do this with new expansion? Add nobles to the bazaar sales or something! Ty!
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Thread resurrection!
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am fine with the cap where it is. Increasing it would just cause more price inflation and increasing it because of the needs of a special rules server would be silly.
  19. Dropfast Augur

This would not be just for FV server. Their are tons of items worth over 2mil on all servers. While I agree it would lead to a little price gouging from some turds here and their, it's still worth the good that comes from it.

Last I heard from a Dev (many many years ago) was the problem was memory. They only have a hard limit because of code or whatever of like 32gb of memory(or whatever) for the bazaar. Supposedly, we hit that limit a long time ago, that's why the bazzar was so laggy and had crashing problems back then. However, Their is less than half the players now than their was then, so I see no reason why this couldn't be looked at again. It wasn't all to long ago each server had like 250 ish + traders selling 20-25k + items. Currently on Povar, their is only like 85 traders selling 8500ish items. That's less than half of what it use to be last time this was brought up.

I can see how adding another digit could cause more memory usage, but I don't see how raising the limit to 9,999,999 would change a single thing? Not only that, but we should be able to sell 200 items by now as well. They upgraded the bazaar UI what like 5+ years ago and we still can't use it yet? All were missing is a 20 slot trader bag. I've heard every excuse in the book from players as to why this can't be done, but I call BS.

The Devs have found ways around a lot of things like this in past few years. I don't see how this is any different. Nothing even says they would have to find away around it at all anyway because of what I already said. The Baz should be using less than half of the memory it was from back in the day, so I don't understand what the hold up is. They just need to check how much memory it's using NOW VS it's limit.

All said and done, I am highly for this. Having to advertise in general and listen to all the cry baby haters is getting quite annoying. (for both of us ;)) Nobles were a complete and utter fail. Krono's act as a better currency than Nobles do which is funny. I would love to hear from a Dev on the issue, rather than the usual players acting like they know everything.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Currency is a signed 32bit number of copper pieces. It has nothing to do with memory.

Separating copper/silver/gold/plat into their own 32bit number would work - but how much work would it be? Content > a few items that go for more than 2mil plat imo if it's going to be a ton of work. And screw the Krono resellers wanting even more plat for them.
  21. Hiladdar Augur

The hard limit is the 32 bit that are used to define a long integer. That comes out to something like over 2.1 million plat. What Smokezz stated would be a solution. Allowing us to sell and buy stuff with noble would also be a solution. Other solutions might be use 64 bits to define long integers i.e. to store copper / silver / gold / plat.

In any case, all of the solutions would take quite a bit to implement and test, and may be cost and time prohibitive unless there was major maintenance on the source code, database, and interface for the game.

Until then, "/general WTS overpriced trinket for bragging right." still works.