Please help me to keep playing on Coirnav!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by its_a_secret, May 26, 2019.

1. its_a_secret Journeyman

With the numbers dwindling on Coirnav, it reminds me of a similar time 14 years ago. Basically in the immediate future if my guild disbands, or stops raiding, I plan on doing what I did in 2004, to begin playing wow classic (which i did for TEN years in a row). If you don't want to lose all that subscription funding as you did in 2004, you will make things happen to keep me, and others like me, playing here. As a suggestion, you should not release new time-locked progression servers every year to wipe out the previous one's population.
  2. Guzzle Augur

It's a tad bit late for that as a suggestion, honestly. That suggestion would have been a 5 month-ago time frame.

The reality is, by releasing a server with the exact same ruleset as Coirnav but with almost twice the EXP rate, they killed the server.

They likely aren't going to just flat out not release a new server every year in some capacity, it is far too profitable for them to NOT do so - so far.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Coirnav was just doomed from the start.

Its not like people called it a cash grab because they hate the game. We are all eq addicts but its fair to call a spade a spade.

Selo and coirnav are roughly at a similar timeline. I suggest if you're not totally ready to leave eq yet at least try selo.

Otherwise, coirnav is dying. And all you have to do is Look at some of the older tlps to get an idea of its future.

Dbg is clearly fine with keeping up tlp servers that literally dont have enough people to form 2 groups.
  4. Spayce Augur

There is nothing that can be done to save Coirnav. We are seeing raid forces decrease in size by the week as folks get tired of PoTime and the hell that is LDoN raids.

The only thing that can be done now is release GoD early to slow the bleeding a bit.

DBG gets the bulk of its revenue from the rush to new TLP servers, so expect Mangler to follow the same fate as every TLP before it.
  5. jeskola pheerie

I am curious - out of the 15 guilds to beat Quarm listed on coirnavprogress.com, how many have folded?
  6. Krezzy Augur

I agree with most of what you said, but this part isn't true. Coirnav was doomed when DBG settled on Mangler's final rule set -- specifically, the XP rate. Had Mangler's XP been comparable to Coirnav, things would be very different for both servers.
    Thalliius likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Let me give you some advice I've had to learn myself: Don't get attached to your characters and/or server.

I had a lot invested in my Xegony characters. I didn't want to give them up for anything. After a couple of years on break I came back to TLPs. I've done Lockjaw, Phinny, Agnarr, and Coirnav. My Phinny crew is still going strong but the rest are all dead to me (for one reason or another).
  8. Dahaman Augur

This is very true with one addendum. Mangler would have been fine just as it is if it was released on the 2-year cycle for Phinny clone servers. That would have meant that Coirnav would have a higher XP rate than Mangler at that exact moment of release. Releasing it after just 1 year was the real killer.

As it is, Coirnav will have close to Mangler XP rate on July 31st (Gates expansion) and will actually be faster than Mangler when DODH expansion hits next year.

Gates can't get here fast enough for Coirnav...
  9. its_a_secret Journeyman

What if after a TLP reached Planes of Power, it was made free to play since you are grouping them with the rest of the free to play servers in the server list (except for selos of course)? Would that make any difference?
  10. jeskola pheerie

Free to play has too many restrictions. It would not make a difference.
  11. Grailer Augur

Bet there is enough people playing on server to make raid guild but its too hard to merge guilds because that would require work
  12. Dahaman Augur

FTP would make a nice stand alone TLP in the future - assuming slower (4-6 month) unlocks and slower (Phinny style) XP to stop from competing directly with subscription TLPs. Subscribing on that server should grant the additional perk of faster XP (Mangler style).

A FTP TLP would have made for a great competitor to release vs. WOW Classic. It's too late for that now though as they just released two new TLPs.

The best thing for Coirnav is likely allowing Agnarr transfers when Gates hits in a manner that doesn't crash the economy (can only carry over equipped . Announcing this now would also likely energize Agnarr for the next 2+ months with people utilizing it to level up characters for Coirnav.

Allowing people to transfer from Agnarr to the latest TLP to hit Gates would likely give a boost to all TLPs as they get to Gates. Agnarr would make for a very nice server to level up for those that didn't want to start yet again in Classic TLPs and it would also remove a lot of farming angst from those TLPs as well. However, that might reduce revenue from new TLPs and would take a lot more study.
  13. yerm Augur

If your tlp is destroyed by new tlps, it probably wasn't a great tlp in the first place and/or those players were going to ditch as soon as mechanical difficulty was added regardless.
  14. a_librarian Augur

have fun with classic wow, my dead guild from coirnav seems pretty hyped for it
  15. Thalliius Augur

With Selos I feel it’s the exception to the rule because of the 1 month unlocks, it will very likely catch-up to live and then you have a live character you can transfer to FV or another populated live server (or maybe Selos becomes a new popular live server if they keep the unique rulesets)

In that regard you can get attached to your Selos character, but yea any TLP with 3 month unlocks is inevitably doomed because there will be a mass exodus by the time PoP hits because of the release of a shiny new TLP

Corinav is hosed tho because of that atrocious XP rate. I think you’ll see faster XP TLPs going forward as the norm, I’d be very curious to see their XP potion sale statistics on Selos and mangler. My guess is that it’s the same or even higher than Coirnav. I know I’ve spent hundred(s) on XP potions on Selos, along with bags.. foolishly they decided to move mounts to GoD or OoW, so they’ve lost out on $75 from me there, but I’ll ultimately buy them when those expansions are released

Their little crate idea must be working out for them, praying off people with gambling addictions. I purchased 1 crate when it first came out using my 500 cash for my sub, got a hat that was worth 7pp in the bazaar and haven’t purchased another one since