Please don't let the test patch go live until it's fixed.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dagum, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagum Elder

Please postpone the patch. If it is released as is current xp will drop for warriors, rogues, and halflings. I am not talking about future xp, I am talking about xp that they have already earned.

Many characters will be at level 109. I'm not talking just 1 rez away from 110. I'm talking they will need 60% or more xp to ding 110. The problem is they won't be able to use their gear to level back up either. Why? Because the gear is yellow and unusable.

/testcopy your toon and check it out for yourselves. However; if the test patch goes to the live servers, your going to have serveral unplayable characters.
  2. Monkman Augur

Sounds like you have until Wednesday to max xp in 110
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. smash Augur

Really sounds like this is something that should not go live.

I guess they forgot to take that in consideration, that some people will be deleved when it is put in
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  4. Monkman Augur

You still have the xp bonus on live (for halflings / rogues / warriors)... instead of spending time trying to get them to not implement a change (which by most accounts never happens... like "please dont nerf xxx, its going to kill the game!!!11) just go out and utilize the innate bonus you have for the next few days and just max out 110?

If it happened to monks or humans, thats what i would do... you have the knowledge of what is going to happen post patch... and you can prevent the de-leveling by maxxing xp now.. it would take you ~2 hours to get that.
  5. Dagum Elder

Can you please upload your you tube video showing that it only takes 2 hours to get 1 level in 110. that way people know what zone to go to and such. Your post would be allot more helpful with that information.

I feel bad for people who don't have the information now, as they might not even log in until after the patch...
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And for people that can't login and play before this goes live for various reasons?
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's not a solution, the vast majority of players do NOT read these forums. The solution is to fix this at the code level so it doesn't take away XP.
  8. svann Augur

It sounds like instead of an xp bonus for halflings, they originally just made it so halflings took less xp to reach levels. Same xp gains but takes less to level feels just like an xp bonus. But then on test when they gave halflings the same levelingXP table as everyone else then halflings didnt have enough xp to make 110.

Just my guess.
  9. Lisard Silly

popcorn is ready. it is going to be glorious.
    Pano, kizant and Whulfgar like this.
  10. Cleaver Augur

That's probably 100% accurate. Which is why they would lose xp when changing this.
  11. Quill Augur

The obvious answer to be giving every other character the 'bonus' and calling it good. If they hit the ceiling on XP, nobody is going to care. If a good portion of the population delevels into a situation where they can't level, they're going to have a tech support problem on their hands of massive proportions.
    Kinadorm likes this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

As a warrior. I can't understand why any war would never.. be 100% into max lvl for raids as is..
  13. kizant Augur

You can solve this on you're own while making the world a better place. Change all your characters to dark elf.
    gotwar and Sancus like this.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Happens to non-Halflings too. Any of the affected classes see the same issue. And no "just get more XP" isn't an answer.
  15. Kinadorm Augur

Right this doesn't just affect all halflings it also affects all warriors and rogues of any race. If you happen to be a halfling warrior or rogue you "lose" twice as much exp.

This change needs to not happen. If they want everyone on the same exp tables then move everyone to the bonus table. Faster leveling for everyone would be a nice anniversary gift.
    Axxius and Yinla like this.
  16. Axxius Augur

Disabling some legacy xp bonuses is fine, but taking away levels from anybody is just wrong.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Febb Augur

Ya, that's not going to be good if this goes live. I can already see the forums blowing up over it.
  18. gotwar Gotcharms

Really weird, I copied my Halfling Paladin to Test and actually gained 4 full yellows of XP.

Literally went from "shoot, am I going to de-level on the next raid?" to "Level 111 when?"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  19. Tumbler Lorekeeper

That's what the dev's get for fixing things that ain't broke. Should have left it alone in the first place.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sounds like they may have messed up and reactivated the racial bonus for pallys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.