please consider VT key revamp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by brownings, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Arctodus Elder

This mentality does not work when the population accepts how strong enchanters charming has become. Everyone who originally played an enchanter from launch onward knows it was no where near that strong. Whenever enchanter charm was considered OP it was quickly nerfed. Bards were the kings of charming in the old days. I welcome QoL changes to TLP's or new rules for new TLP servers.
  2. Karreck Somebody

Like AoC's?
    Or Pick Zones?
    Or Exp Potions for sale in the Marketplace?
    Or the Marketplace in general?
    Or removal of Hell Levels?
    Or increased EXP gains?
    Or no class/race exp differences?
    Or no corpse runs?
    Or coin having no weight?
    Or Global chat channels?
    Or Shared banks?
    Or Parcel vendors?
    Or Weapon augs?
    Or Origin?
    Or Soulbinders?
    Or Translocaters?
    Or Bandoliers?
    Or Advanced Loot Window?
    Or Extended Target Window?
    Or Maps?
    Or Saved Spell lists?
    Or more potion options?
    Or Chanter Charm being so powerful?
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  3. Zinth Augur

and you know why exactly all of those things ARE in the game but still want to force more changes through
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

(Keep in mind, my stance is keeping the quest intact, but adding the shard as a zone-wide drop and/or increasing it's chance to drop).

I cannot figure out why you want to keep things the way they are especially since you play on a server with instancing, XP potions, and the likes. The sheer number of quality of life changes that you currently play with to support this argument pretty much negates it entirely.

This is what I'm reading from the opposition,

Let's keep shard spawns they way they are, but lets spawn picks to get them. Why? By your logic you shouldn't even be using instances or any QoL change that's in the game. Yet, many here advocating in the same way are all about 'spawning picks' and farming shards. This doesn't make any sense.
    Karreck likes this.
  5. Karreck Somebody

Yeah, those are Quality of Life improvements, like changing the key quest would be a Quality of Life improvement.
    You want Original Everquest? Go play P99.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

Probably karma for posting in giant orange text.
  7. sumnayin Augur

If I want Burger King I don't go to McDonalds and tell them to make whoppers....if you want WoW go play WoW....
  8. Triconix Augur

They can't because P99 refuses to leave Velious :D

FG is cancer. Simply said. Nobody can argue otherwise. To those hanging onto the thread of nostaglia and "how it was" I simply have one thing to say: This isn't how it was. You had a game with 20+ servers with only 3-4 guilds tops on each server actively working on these keys because thousands of players were more casual. The environment of TLP is completely different - old raiders wanting to go back and redo their accomplishments, casual players now wanting to see what they missed, new players wanting to see what EQ raiding is all about - and all this means is there are way more people trying to acquire the same limited amount of items.

Even picks don't fully resolve the problem because current TLP servers have 8+ raiding guilds each with quite a few guilds having enough members for 2-3 guilds each when you include the boxes they play. All that means is you have 5 servers' worth of raiding guilds trying to acquire items out of 2-3 picks which only drop from 8 mobs in each zone.

Plus you now have the extra incentive of rampant RMTing creating an extra toxic environment of dps racing and kill stealing. I'm sorry, but I never met a quarter as many self-centered egotistical and entitled f-heads on live in any era than I have in just under a year on TLP. People used to recognize camps and wait or go do something else. Now you just have people trying to to strong arm everyone into leaving. You also have guilds on some ridiculous robotic schedule they are supposed to maintain as if the game was a secondary job rather than...a game. And people don't even realize it's to benefit the leaders of those guilds so they can RMT some more. Bunch of lobotomized sheep. It's so sad it's laughable.

In the end, how can you even begin to argue that sitting around 25 minutes to kill 8 mobs for an item with a < 5% drop rate, battling against multiple guilds in hopes that they will leave when they lose most of the dps races, is actually fun? New flash: It's not. It's stupidity. The old progression styles were not designed around this kind of atmosphere. It needs a change. Modern style EQ progression is vastly superior.
    Arctodus likes this.
  9. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Given the number of things you could kill in Tacvi in era, and being in one of the first guilds to kill something in Tacvi, this is a giant load of nonsense.

The problem was never initially flagging people. The problem came many months later running raids that nobody had any interest in to flag 3 people for the 1 or 2 encounters that still gave loot.

Or, the worst, flagging someone for last expansions raid because they played a class with a required click from that zone and not from the next.

It was like running Time during the entirety of Gates because 50% of your classes have a necessary piece (either aggro proc click, bard weapon, slow stick, quarm bracer ect) and you couldn't get their replacements in Tacvi yet. And then running tacvi every week in Omens. And Dragons. And Darkhollow. And PoR. And for bards, until you got it, its still mandatory.

Luclin on live was weeks of coordinated guild efforts camping different zones (with 2-3 groups permanently doing things in ssra). If it wasn't a raid day, you were sitting in FG, Ssra, Seru, or the Deep farming bane/key/shard pieces/arx keys, or joining groups to farm someone a shard from somewhere. If it was a raid day, you were clearing everything but emp (to keep all those spawns out of the hands of the other timezone guild and for as few raid days as possible), or maybe doing small ntov raids (when vulak was yeeted into the great beyond for a while, you had maybe 3 things you wanted from there) and then doing shard camps.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Could implement the 85% rule and have an item drop from bosses in VT that keys a player. Similar to the Time Phased Quintessence.

Guilds still have to key a raid force but it relieves some of the burden of new apps or people that missed the launch having to deal with toxic shard camps.
  11. Machen New Member

While this would help a little with the pressure, guilds still need to flag enough raid force to clear it for the first time.

I still think it's not a problem at all as it currently is. Look at Aradune right now. We are six weeks in. More guilds have cleared VT in six weeks than cleared NTOV in six weeks. NTOV has no keying necessary. The key process isn't ultimately holding guilds back.
  12. yerm Augur

Enchanters were amazingly strong charmers in classic and all the best players were using charm. I was charming pretty regularly on a druid, in kunark era, and only the most lazy "I dont want any trouble" types ever had a problem with someone charming. If you go back two decades and read the uberguild kill announcements you will regularly find charm - it was a huge deal in kael for example. Charm in its current state is weaker than it was during luclin in original era.

What you have highlighted instead is the REAL problem of tlps: most of the server is not ignorant and bad. People know what's best, where's best, etc. Nobody wants to play casually anymore. Nobody wants to be sidelined, and everyone knows when they're being left out.
    Genoane and Skuz like this.
  13. ashlandd New Member

every rotten thing I learned I could do to another player or group, trade, shield, train, charm, blur, ht etc etc I learned from keying

drops need to be increased or thresholds to spawn new picks decreased, for me to play the next tlp
  14. Ishbu Augur

Took me less than an hour to get a shard for an alt after already getting one easily enough for my main. Wasnt cancer at all, was a lot better than some others, none of which are half as bad as most of the VP key.

Well since someone can clearly argue otherwise, its hard to take your post seriously since it starts off with a blatant exaggeration.
  15. Triconix Augur

Hard to take a response seriously thats literally weeks after anyone is doing keys.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  16. Lejaun Augur

I hear rotting skeleton and ancient jarsath are pretty wide open to get these days too.
    Triconix likes this.
  17. yerm Augur

Likewise, hard to take the gripes seriously when the expansion is still current and apparently everyone has been done doing keys for weeks.
    Machen likes this.
  18. Ruination Elder

If you take the few reasons people have to work together out of the game then you will have a game without people having to work together.

Some past changes for QoL were nice, this key doesn't need a change, everyone doesn't have to be in VT for the first month of Luclin. There's plenty of time to do VT during Luclin or you can run it in PoP and LDoN, many of the items are still good
  19. Arctodus Elder

This is incorrect Yerm, I would say winning BoTB and being an enchanter with Dark Horizons on Zeb, I know what I am speaking about with the strength of charm in the earlier era's of the game. A few notable examples that I remember causing the nerf earlier in EQ was RZ, TZ, and the other pvp servers caused a nerf to charm for drowning players. Kael as you mentioned, we used gaints to assist in the killing of AoW also nerfed, also during Luclin in ME mobs would break charm in a matter of seconds.

I was max stats, FT, and began moving gear around to assist with more mana/resist during Velious. Point being there was no Gina at this time either. Playing a solo boxed chanter I just made sure I could read the messages clearly through battle/chat spam. Charm was also no where near it is now during PoP. Bard were the absolute best charmers for many expansions and received their nerf bat in PoP.

Anyways, QoL changes should be welcomed. Those of on the forums want to keep it 99 but there are a lot of features that are no where near 99/Classic. I say keep em rolling, I hope future TLPs begin to release all classes at launch.
  20. Triconix Augur

Most guilds have now raided VT instances 4-5 times by now. That's a major loss of DKP and chance of items if you don't have your keys by now.

At the height of key farming, FG camp is a horribly designed key camp for the TLP atmosphere. It's not even subjective. You have dps races, people training eachother, petitions flying, people cursing each other out, etc. You seriously cannot objectively say that's it's a non issue. It's complete anarchy. Older progression styles like this weren't intended to accommodate the player density and player types (raid focused) of TLP.

I went into FG to check it out as two friends have recently returned to the game after a few year departure. Still on complete lockdown and I'm not an a**hat that's going to bring a group to dps race others down like the typical TLP loser. I'm going to respect people's camps.