Please allow BSTs on new TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mirlin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Zanarnar Augur

Honestly they should either allow BST or remove the bst crack pots. If its not OP to have those ingame; the BST class itself isn't all that OP compared to everyone else, even at low levels. (late 30s with the pet heals and our first pet haste.. ya the warder gets strong as a mage pet but if you think a bst's dps is comparable to a monks (sans pet) your very wrong. Our meele skills are capped much lower and we don't have double attack outside of AA's until very high levels.

I still don't think they will add them in; which is sad since I'm really not liking the choice of play something I don't want to play until luclin or don't play at all until luclin. (I'm doing the former but really debating the latter... )
    Fangtail likes this.
  2. Pseudofate Augur

BST and BER weren't in Classic. Therefore, they don't belong in classic. It doesn't matter if they are itemized now. They weren't then. I don't understand why this thread is three pages long now.
    (yes I understand there are other amenities implemented currently that also weren't in classic)
  3. Fangtail Journeyman

Instancing and no boxing were not part of classic, therefore they don't belong in classic. *rolls eyes*

im sorry but you didnt give one valid reason why they shouldnt be allowed. there is an entire group of people waiting to play them.
    Sendori likes this.
  4. Radien Elder

The one "valid reason" is the effort that would be required in populating zones with spell/GM NPCs. This would effectively put a third environment of NPCs in the game - the ones on TLP 3.0 (Ragefire, Lockjaw), the ones on Live, and the ones on the new progression server. Again, a matter of coding/logistics that would probably be more like a luxury feature for the new TLP.

Hopefully we'll get a vote option soon for the new server.
  5. Fangtail Journeyman

agree... they would have to pop the trainers and place 1 new spell vendor in each city. it would require a bit of work, i'm sure. but then again, everything they do requires a bit of work. it doesn't seem like it would be a monumental effort.
  6. Zanarnar Augur

The thing is they had to de-pop them; so its not like they have to make a new NPC; just let the GM and vendor with the bst unique spells spawn again in 3 cities (trolls, ogres, and barbs are all that can be a bst with just classic; Iksar get added with Kunark, kitties with luclin, woodies with ???)

Sure no epic; but thats an acceptable trade off; there is plenty of gear that has bst on it already, and their armor already drops in fear. Its not an UNREASONABLE request; just one unlikely to see them take action... which is a shame IMO.

The same can largely be said for Berserker's too. Put a lot more 2h weapons to good use too. At least the way it is when Fallout 4 comes out I won't feel bad about not playing EQ for a few months while I crawl all over the wasteland.
  7. Fangtail Journeyman

I hear you. I'm waiting until the official nobox server announcement in a few weeks until I decide what to do with my accounts. if they don't make it into the TLP early, I'm not sure what I'll do. 1-2 years is a long time to wait but who knows I might be back when they finally launch.
  8. Ambee Elder

Having BST and BER playable from launch would be amazing. Sure, it's not classic but then again most things aren't classic anyways
  9. DariyaVika Augur

Hope they never add them.
    lockjaws and Jaxarale01 like this.
  10. Lifebane Augur

:rolleyes:
  11. -wycca Augur

Add Bst/Ber IMO, no reason to deny 2 classes, originally released in 2001 and 2004 (14 and 11 years ago respectively), even on a TLP server. Race restrictions are more understandable, but class ones are not.
  12. Lifebane Augur

Agreed. Imagine how fun it would be to do 1-50 or 1-60 in era as a BST or BER. Normally those levels are skipped past or PL'd through. It would add a whole new draw to the TLP.
  13. taliefer Augur

fun? in EQ? on THESE servers? you are doing it wrong!

call the new server an "EQ re imagined" server if people can get past the typical TLP is sposed to recreate classic mumbo jumbo, and just allow the classes on the next server.
  14. Fangtail Journeyman

not only that, but I'm looking forward to hybrid heals actually being useful again. when everybody can easily box a healer, hybrid heals are worthless. it diminishes the purpose of even being a hybrid. nobox makes utility classes better.
  15. Finley Augur

Basically the best part of TLP servers are the lack of mercs/defiant gear and gated progress through content. The gated progress serves just 1 function, it keeps the population together. I don't really care about a "classic" experience. We can't have that without some miracle work from the devs. Ragefire has been fun and its VERY far from classic (It's overpopulated, classes are significantly altered, lots of zones are remodeled, quests are all wonky, like some of us were able to nearly complete our epics before Kunark even launched).

If someone is dying to play Beastlord or Berserker it kinda sucks to invest a lot of time into a character knowing you're going to reroll in a few expansions. I don't like either of these classes but it doesn't hurt and I think it'd be fun to have them in a group. And if you're a stickler for rules you won't be in direct competition with other guilds so you suffer nothing by banning Beastlords and Berserkers from your guild other than missing out on meeting potentially cool people.
    lockjaws likes this.
  16. Tornicade_IV Augur

Theres actually a strong case made for allowing berserkers and beastlords into the game.
    As mentioned before . no epics would be impacted so the classes are not adding choke points to progression
    All the original race cities already have Beastlord and berserker npc trainers.
    youll actually have main characters playing berzerkers and beastlords instead of alts.

from a lore standpoint while the beastlord was introduced with luclin the primary lore point was the arrival of the vah shir. so having the class itself already in game doesnt impact the lore.

will people whine about these classes in the duration. absolutely but having these classes available from launch makes as much sense as any other mechanic concsession the Devs make to these progression servers.
  17. Semah Augur

I think that a lot of us just unreasonably hate the beastlord class. Berserker: ok, sure! More fun is good. But beastlord? There's a decade of magician+shaman resentment to overcome.
  18. Hendar2 Augur

I don't like seeing out-of-era content. BST were balanced in a different era
  19. Lifebane Augur

If you don't like out of era content, why are you coming to a server with out of era instancing? And out of era {insert any of a lot of things here}. This isn't a classic server. It's a nostalgia server. You can't pick and choose which pieces of content you want to see out of era.

You're basically telling people they can't play the game for 1-2 years because you "don't like seeing out of era content." This is also going to reduce the population of the servers as well as the revenue generated by DBG. All because you consider yourself a "classic purist."
  20. Finley Augur

Balance is way off, BST won't change that. All pets are way stronger than they used to be, even post nerfs. Melee are given augments and across the board passive damage increase. Out of era disciplines are available, etc. For most people this hasn't negatively impacted their enjoyment of the server.
    lockjaws likes this.