Please allow BSTs on new TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mirlin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Finley Augur

If Ragefire 3 month vote passes (honestly unsure what the general population wants on this) then you're 5-6 months away from Luclin on this server. Take a break and come back.
  2. Lifebane Augur

I realize you're talking to the OP, but speaking for myself:

I plan to roll on the new server for instancing purposes. Therefore, my wait is going to be anywhere from 10 months to 20 months.

Finley, you can't roll the class you want (presumably Ranger?) for 10 to 20 months. Cool with you? Just proving a point.

You're telling a group of people to play the game how you want them to, or don't play at all. Not exactly great options.
    Sendori likes this.
  3. Porygon Augur

Yes, because there's nothing wrong with the current pet classes, let's enable one that's 3 expansions in.
  4. Nolrog Augur

No, he's telling people to stop trying to change the game to suit their personal whims, which will create new unforeseen problems that they will be complaining about a short time later (I can't complete my epic, move the BST epic out of Luclin zones.)
    TL_KRONOLORD and PrathunEQ like this.
  5. Krizem Augur

I think it's a great idea. Right now you wait x number of years and then immediately power-level the beast or zerk to 60/65 to catch up. It would be nice to actually play the 1-60 game as a beast or zerk for real (other than some false self-imposed option).
    Sendori likes this.
  6. Lifebane Augur

*blink*
    Reading into that much?

Let's not instance zones, because it could create "unforseen problems."
    Let's not implement load balancing, because it could create "unforseen problems."
    Let's not patch anything within the game, because it could create "unforseen problems."
    Let's not implement positive changes, because it could create "unforseen problems."

Literally every single coding modification that is made could create an "unforseen problem."

Let's just translate that as "I don't want your wants to affect me, so lets ignore them."

Launch the class with a disclaimer that that they are "as-is" (no quests or epics), and let them experience their version of nostalgia.
  7. Batbener Augur

Do you think launching the new progression server with BST and Zerker will be the end of complaints about it?
    "OMG I play a BST and he doesn't have this this and this, the other classes are so unbalanced."

"OMG my brother plays a BST and it's so over powered".

"OMG why is this armor dropping"

"OMG why isn't this armor dropping".
  8. Lifebane Augur

9. Malkavius Augur

Berzerkers are garbage pre 80 without tons of AAs. Every single person that plays one will be clamoring for buffs.
  10. taliefer Augur

everyone has that option, so why have special servers at all?
    Sendori likes this.
  11. Batbener Augur

They gave a disclaimer that the new progression servers will be DPS rules. Did that stop the complaining? Half wont read it, the other half wont care.
  12. Hendar2 Augur

I remember a 65 BST's pet tanking Seru. They are a great class, but they would make mages look almost balanced in comparison. I hope to see content released in its era.
  13. Vlerg Augur

because server being advertized as the ''wild west with no GM support'' didn't lead to player requesting GM support..

hence, bringing in the beastlord ''as is'' won't lead to player requesting a ton of stuff of bst... epic being the least of their worry: go balance something with monk DPS, shaman utility and mage pet, all in one.
  14. Vicus Augur

So are rogues currently compared to monks and anyone wielding a twohander atm. So literally no difference. I also vote yes to zerker and bst. Imagine the increase of subs due to this alone. Also more diversity leads to better and different first time experiences.
  15. taliefer Augur

people complain about everything. if that stopped devs from implementing things, we'd still be in base EQ~

but prathun liked the post, so i think we can safely assume they have no intention of allowing beastlords or zerkers earlier than their expansions, sadly.
  16. Lifebane Augur

Prathun and his team is over-worked and understaffed. I completely understand why they are hesitant to implement these classes at launch.

But the entire basis of this server is basically giving the playerbase what they want. (See Instancing and No Boxing) At this point, any request that doesn't affect their bottom line should safely be ignored in favor of those do. But allowing BSTs falls into this same category of affecting their bottom line. People are literally quitting due to not being able to experience their version of what nostalgia is (see OP.) Not only that, but there would also be a surge of new TLP players (additional revenue) that would be drawn back to play if they were able to roll their class of choice.

This has been requested during every TLP launch to date - I really hope they go for it this time.
  17. Jaxarale01 Augur

They wouldn't put the spell Breeze in but you think they will add 2 full out of era classes?

#criticalthinkingishard
  18. Fangtail Journeyman

thats not really a good comparison. the devs allow out of era spells and features because they make the quality of life for players better. adding classes is basically a quality of life improvement, and doesn't affect the power level of the game. beastlords and zerkers (especially before AAs) are no stronger than existing classes. they are likely much weaker than some. mages and monks for example
  19. Jaxarale01 Augur

I get what you are saying. My point is something simple as a level 16 spell was told to us that it was out of era and would not be added (nevermind all the other stuff they let in)
    It would be difficult at best to allow an entire class...
  20. Fangtail Journeyman

It's a new server with new rules, i think it would be a great time to add then classes. im sure its difficult to add instancing and nobox code too, but we are getting it. i like that they are catering to all player types. adding these classes would be a welcome addition