Please allow BSTs on new TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mirlin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Mirlin New Member

I just cancelled my account... I do not have fun with my ranger anymore. It's just not the same experience as a beastlord. I want to continue the TLP experience badly, but I just cannot continue playing a class that I don't enjoy. Beastlords are years away from coming to these servers, and its simply just too long to wait. I will renew if beastlords are unlocked on the new TLP. If not, I wish you all the best.

(Sure you can have my stuff... yea, I wont let the door hit me on my way out... no, I won't feed the trolls.)
  2. Mwapo Augur

I don't know why we need all these ultimatum posts. Why not just play on ragefire, where beastlords will likely be out in 5-8 months? Take a real life break in the meantime and pick up a new hobby. Everyone seems to think they are so entitled on these forums. It's ridiculous.
    lockjaws likes this.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Pls parcel items to Ducreux on Ragefire. ty.
  4. Mwapo Augur

Sorry, Mwapo was first.
  5. Mirlin New Member

Sorry sir, it wasn't meant to be an ultimatum, it was just more or less an explanation as to why I'm quitting. I'm just one person, and I would bet that my $15 a month means nothing to DBG, but I've seen many people request the same thing recently, so maybe if they realize that this is something that the community really wants, they will consider it. I'm not holding my breath though. It's been a good run...see you all around. P.S. I hope TL continues to kick :)
  6. Vaclav Augur

I do hope (although I hate both classes personally) that they do make an effort to making BST and Zerks available from day one.

Forcing people to reroll or wait for a year or two to even make the class they intend to for the people committed to a class sucks.
  7. Dreamcoil Journeyman

DBG has 24 hours to open up House of Thule on Lockjaw or I cancel my sub.
    Sendori, Berret and Syrup like this.
  8. ZamaX Lorekeeper

Come back in 14 months when luclin opens on lockjaw!
  9. taliefer Augur

theres no reason not to allow beastlords and berserkers on these servers aside from stubborn "no, they are part of luclin and GoD"

i dont personally see that as a valid reason. id love to go through EQ with zerkers and beastlords around, itd be fun. the reason to play EQ in the first place.
  10. rekais910 Augur

I will say that BSTs will be forced to wait until luclin to get their epics though. Lucky for bsts if they did add them their stuff is dropping in fear right?
  11. taliefer Augur

beastlords and berserkers are almost completely itemized in old world content. both have planar and kunark armor sets and were added to appropriate weapons that dropped.

having to wait till luclin to complete the epic is just a minor inconvenience. i dont think itd bother many people that want to play a beastlord.
    Grisnkh and Agrippa like this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

BST epic is really itemized for Luclin anyhow IIRC - the wait wouldn't hurt it.

Similarly IIRC the Zerk epic ends up being really way too easy considering it's equivalent to Elemental weapons which require far more effort. I'd suggest that one be delayed to GoD if they'd allow them early as well.
  13. Rhodz Augur

Well at least you knew beforehand that the class was a no-go until SoL so I guess you're just sol.
    The less customization the TLPs have the better they will run. Should have kept all game mechanics the same as live and just kept the geography and content as the roll out.
  14. Sequins New Member

I think all classes should have been unlocked BUT not the frogs or cat races. I always liked the fantasy feel of the game with like a Lord of the Rings feel but talking cats and frogs were such a lame idea. (Although Iksars are awesome!) I think it would still have the same classic feel without affecting it. I don't think it's stupid for people to post suggestions, maybe they'll be implemented!
  15. Rhodz Augur

Yeah take out the benis that were given to the lizards to sell the original xp (which oddly remain in game while the downsides seem to be removed) and they are nothing special.
    If one can buy a talking reptile not sure why a cat or frog would be an issue. All the crap added to sell the xpaks are the reason for a lot of the grief we have now.
  16. code-zero Augur

Please allow Drakkins and Frogloks :)
  17. Lifebane Augur

While I don't agree with the way this message was delivered, I completely agree with the concept. Beastlords and Zerkers should be unlocked at the start of this server. It would only contribute to a higher population, which is going to be essential for the longevity of the server. It doesn't hurt to make paying customers happy, either.

Telling somebody they can't play the game how they want to for 1.5-2 years is not a good business model. I can sincerely relate to this post, because I am waiting for beastlords to be unlocked as well. Mages (my current class) are boring as hell. I'm playing one as a placeholder until BSTs are unlocked. I find myself logging in less and less nowadays. Not sure if that's mostly because Kunark is just an extension of classic (not much raiding to be done), or a result of my class being boring, but nonetheless... Beastlords were always able to hold my interest back in the day.

I'm pretty certain that if this server launched with these classes unlocked, have a decent unlock schedule, and implement instancing right, it will entertain customers for many years to come.
    Synisca and sihpa like this.
  18. Crystilla Augur

People come to these servers because it's as close as you could get from Daybreak to the original game. That means putting up with all the stuff you hate or wish was different as much as it does the things you love.

Now, that said, DGC has certainly thrown open a lot of those original designs in the changes they've made on Ragefire and Lockjaw - so who knows.
  19. Vlorg Augur

except dealing with the headaches of people who consider TLP not classic enough?

you DO have the option of playing a time-locked guild on a live server ( there's 2-3 of those.. granted they surely took a hit when TLP server open'd up) where you can play as a kunark-only beastlord...
  20. Lifebane Augur

While I mostly agree with you, it's not quite the same in this scenario.

When the game originally launched, (Classic / Kunark / Velious) beastlords did not exist. Customers did not know what they were missing, as they had never experienced the class before. When SoL dropped, the class was a new and exciting feature. Fast forward to 2015 where everyone who was/is interested in playing this class has already done so, they have formulated their own vision of "nostalgia."

DBG has been able to re-vitalize the population of a 15 year old game by selling Nostalgia. I started the game at the end of Velious, and really got into it during SoL (beastlord). So, while I understand that beastlords aren't "classic" (and many things currently about the game aren't classic either), launching without them is going to limit the amount of nostalgia that you can sell.

Why not allow more customers to experience their own version of nostalgia. Just because the majority of the population started theirs much earlier, doesn't mean that those who started later or prefer a certain class should be forced to experience that same nostalgia and gameplay later on. You're basically segregating a group of players - for what reason? I say launch them "as-is" until their respective expansions release, and let these players have their fun.