Please allow boxing on 1pc

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Apr 10, 2023.

1. mark Augur

I have been boxing on 6 to 7 pc for a few tlp I wish to use 1 pc nowadays on a new tlp start,I am a recycler.
  2. Magneress Augur

Relaxed tru box of two to three accounts would be rational and help a lot of ppl who don't want to cheat. Letting ppl box entire groups needs to end tho. Except for maybe specific severs or eras.
  3. Jakken Journeyman

You should only be playing 2 characters at a time, regardless of how many PCs you have. Or did they do away with that restriction at some point? On Aradune it was explicit, but I don't see the same wording on any other "truebox enabled" server. Does anyone know if this rule implicitly carries over along with truebox? or was it Aradune specific

"Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts."
  4. Hdizzle Augur

I could make a VERY easy argument truebox is one of the biggest reasons folks buy PL's and AA on truebox servers.

And now they want to butcher the game further with World of Warcraft engagement rules.
    manglered likes this.
  5. Vlahkmaak Augur

Aradune limited itself to 2 boxes, so your assertion is true there but, there are other TLPs that allow multi boxing more than two toons. Live has no limit. As long as one is at the keyboard(s), boxing the limit of the server one is playing on, and not using software which shall not be named one is breaking no rules. I typically 3 box on those servers.
    Magneress and Hdizzle like this.
  6. Magneress Augur

It must be Aradune specific cuz ppl box and automate multiple groups on Yelinak. The even automated the chat spam for those groups. It's crazy seeing the same person spam 10 times an hr WTS pl deep aaxp x whatever. It was a big shock to me. As if the rapid spam is going to net customers. Thankfully there are other servers.

I'm no expert on it though it does seem to still be an issue DBG hasn't nailed down yet with keylogging and algorithims or is letting slide.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  7. Hdizzle Augur

If people could level their own alts and fill out groups with their own boxes... aint nothin to PL.
  8. Jakken Journeyman

Well, crud! I always assumed it was part of Truebox and a standard rule going forward from Aradune, but that makes a lot of sense why Yelinak had so many 3+ boxes. (There were plenty on Aradune too, since they were awful at moderating it)

Good to know that there isn't an actual limit on non-Aradune servers.
    Magneress likes this.
  9. Magneress Augur

Or just make exp and drops so boxing no longer feels necessary either. Or allow people to let their own toons gain exp with their main as if they where mercs or other players.

Ideally you could play three characters from the same account and the game would do reasonably well with keeping buffs up or dpsing. And if you needed to you could click that characters name in your group and cast a root or run out to pull or cc. Then click back to your main. And all those characters would have the same stats as players instead of mercs as is. It would make that style of play more accessible and cut down a lot of cheating.

Incentivize having real players in groups by giving like 2% more exp and 10% more drop rates or something nice per additional real player. Do away with multiple accounts all together and streamline the game by having less clients running. That would be really sweet. Definitely worth a cool 5 million to code.
  10. Vlahkmaak Augur

To be fair some of us box because playing with others is not always feasible. I gladly pick up any solo or other multi-boxer to share a camp or field XP and chat but I warn them beforehand that if I get wife/kid aggro the real world comes first and I bolt for the nearest wall in hopes I can safely AFK for a few before coming back. This way the random solo'r can make the choice to grp/not grp until they find something better or more consistent. It would not be fair to an actual group of "real players" for me to join on my WAR/SHA and then just afk 30 minutes later for 3 min to 3 hours due to wife aggro. I could melody my bard on AF but that is not super productive either - or fair - to other people's time.
    Magneress likes this.
  11. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

So I truebox a lot and i swapped over to vaniki for some achievements and tried out boxing on one pc vs 3 pcs.

Is there a way to fix autofollow when boxing your chars on 1 pc? Mine almost always fails to actually follow as well as my chars on their own pcs
  12. Rygan11 Journeyman

Can try changing the framerate so they are all the same.
  13. Vlahkmaak Augur

Also, scroll all the way in on the other screens;this sometimes seems to help too.
  14. Magneress Augur

I totally get that. Don't want to take that away. Just make it less of a necessity for stuff. Especially later down the road lvl 100+ should be free to hop into ldon or DoDH missions or whatever without parties. And moloing to 120 should be a bit easier.

Boxing is def important for ppl who can only play sporadically. Or when the server pop is spread out and just low. Like on Agnarr or Bertox leaving entire expansions empty like TBC or PoR or DoN...

I'm pro Boxing and pro solo play and accessibility so old content 2-3 expansions back are available to even handicapped ppl.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

There's 2 framerate sliders on the options window (sorry, I'm not in game and don't know the exact phrasing), one for the active window and one for background windows. Make sure the background framerate is at least the same as the active window. Cranking it up higher is better.
  16. Ecko Elder

Usually just need the background fps to be at 30 for autofollow to work, can bump it up to be 45 or so if having issues at 30, but doesn't need to be same as foreground fps really
  17. Vewdue Elder

This was my first thought as well. Under Options > Display > Advance is the slider bars. One is Max Frames per Second and the other is Max Background FPS. Like Veli said, make sure Max Background FPS is set at least as high as normal Max. I usually just set them both to my monitors max refresh rate, you can also just set them to Unlimited.
  18. TLP Addict Augur

2 character limit was Aradune only, and was only sporadically and poorly enforced.

It was a good idea, just poorly executed, and I don't see them trying again.
  19. uberkingkong Augur

Said it before I'll say it again.

In EQ a lot of people box.

EQ needs to make a boxing UI

Or sticky a boxing UI that everyone uses just like goods map.
    toodlem likes this.
  20. WinterchillTLP New Member

Relaxed Truebox from the get-go or im not touching this pile of trash ever. Paying more electricity to run more computers when there is NO NEED is the worst decision ever. People will cheat and box and legit players will get the shaft by having to run several machines for no legit reason. I honestly thought they would realize how absolute horrible Truebox is years ago, but no, here we are - Another TLP, created by people who seemingly never played the game.