Please Allow Baz /trader for Silver Veterans.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sybn, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Duder Augur

I do the same, however I have run into botters with set minimums which if you figure out and undercut will just ruin the value of the item as well as be further undercut by their scripts when they update their minimum. The issue is that all of this equates to tampering with the economy, which I thought was against the TOS and would be a high priority... but then again, the botters selling wares botted from instances to Wollems at the North Ro adventurers camp have exceeded 100m plat generated in the past month on BB alone and it is happening on every server. You can go watch the FTP magebots sell their stuff 24 hours a day, every day. So maybe DBG just doesn’t give a hoot about the economy.
  2. Balthozzar Elder

3. KermittheFroglok Augur

No F2P and just All Access free trials would be great for people that wanted to create trial accounts as trader mules. However, that would dry up revenue from the population of casual players and players that rotate their subscriptions between accounts. Many casual players pop in & out on the F2P tiers, but that doesn't mean DBG hasn't found ways to monetize them. I've bought collector/premium expansions (e.g. couldn't pass up on balefire wyvern) for Silver & F2P accounts, if I was forced to sub those accounts then DBG wouldn't have made as much money from me in prior years, much less.

I know very few people that have played the game for over a month and not spent money on it, they're definitely people that don't and won't pay anything I just don't know many, they usually just find a different game or stay on the Test server.

The industry is actually trending more towards micro-transactions and not subscriptions.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

In all seriousness, I'm annoyed that there isn't teleport a clicky to the Bazaar, I'd pay ~500 DBG for that. I wonder if they're holding that concept for the Vah Shir heritage crate as a rare. They'd make bank on those crates.
  5. northstar Augur

I honestly rather see itemisation for specific features instead of a sub as long as they aren't gouging the wallet. yes the game needs to make money but how much of a difference would a subscription be to unlock everything or for some to have features of subscription unlocked for a specific price, why not compromise on this? and have both...

Those that only want specific unlocks and do not want to subscribe can have them for a price.

Those that rather just sub for all of them still can, middle ground is totally possible in a game it doesn't have to be so cut and dry. the more flexible a company can be in order to gain profit and yet keep people playing, would be a good thing.
  6. Duder Augur

Still very little risk to setup accts, pay once, and let the illicit programs ruin the bazaar until it is possibly banned, who knows how long down the road? Many would have np taking that risk rather than an account they pay for monthly and have payed for each month.

While your logic there is sound, I personally do not support it and am against it and hope to never see that.
  7. Allayna Augur

People physically go into the baz to make purchases still?
    kizant likes this.
  8. northstar Augur

I Always thought Cheaters never prosper... but in EQ I guess they actually do.

Edit: it is kind of funny though with everyone saying not to do something for QoL because it would make illicit programs run amok. by the sounds of things its already past that point and for me personally makes me not want to come back at all even more so than having to subscribe.

not a big deal I suppose to some people but it does make me weigh in to other games that don't have such a rampant issue with bot's

as for people going to the bazaar physically yes they need to on most TLP servers for quite a long time. and a specific one will never have the feature of using the instant buy to the parcels...
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

EQ has unlockers but some features don't make sense to provide unlockers for. Selling in the Bazaar is definitely one of them since there is a population of players with dedicated trader accounts willing to keep subbed. The unlocker you want would likely be priced very high like the AA unlocker. If you don't like paying sub then I'd suggest buying a lifetime membership if they ever get offered again.

EQ is complicated and a hybrid because it was designed as a sub game but had to evolve. Extras work well for microtransactions but core premium features are good for subs.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I seldom make a remote purchase. Always go to the bazaar to save those nickels and dimes. I am not paying 1000 plat to get something sent to parcels when that transfer money goes nowhere - to no one. Another plat sink in the game. I have experimented with my own trader and bought from him remotely and he did not get the fee. So where does it go? Poof!

Not made of plat here and those fees can buy spells etc for my guys. Nor do my credit cards have large % interest charge in real life. ;)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

It's called a convenience fee. I pay it cause I could do something more valuable with the time running around baz to each trader to buy.
    Duder and Elyssanda like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And this is why EQ is so popular - it supports many play styles.
    Elyssanda and Allayna like this.
  13. kizant Augur

That's just wishful thinking. It doesn't reflect reality IRL or in game.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Problem is if tehy do what you want they are going to price is so they don't lose the money they would have got from subs. Then you would say its too expensive.

You want them to accept less money for something just because you want it. Trust me if they thought that would make them more money they would already be doing it. They aren't going to do it simply because you want it.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They already offer itemization for RK II feature, increased AA and increased task ability in the marketplace. All these can be purchased on free or silver accounts (I think a couple players even bought them on all access woops!)

Only DBG knows if that sample of itemization is profitable - I tend to think it is not as one of the increase features was missing for over a year before anyone noticed and reported it to be corrected.

Overall it is cheaper to just pay the friggin $15 a month - get it all and go on with life. You can even get away with $9 a month if your smart. You would soon spend far more than that with "itemization"
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. northstar Augur

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right?

So what are you saying, that breaking the rules is to be expected and done? that if I cheat every chance I get there wont be any consequences??

What world you living in? it must not be a pleasant one.

I don't care if I have to spend more overall for itemisation. the fact is I can take my time and get what I need when I need it. not have something tapping me every month...

so in the end the itemisation costs less when time is factored in because that is what I have to work with on my budget. yeah it may cost a lot more overall if I paid for everything at once but not everyone says hmm look at all these shiny unlocks in this game let me just buy all of them all at once..
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You can pay one time for a one year sub and then you wont be getting tapped every month. I mean I think you really want certain things for less then a sub would cost you. Nothing wrong with wanting it but you will get disagreement from those who think a sub is worth it.

Best you can do is promote your idea and accept others will promote there own.

I think you know this but accept that folks like me will disagree with you but just keeping putting out the best argument that you can for what you want.
  18. Mazame Augur

All they need to do is revamp the whole trader system. At one point in time their were enough players that the EC tunnel was a LAG central and the baz was made to remove these people into a place to better handle what players were doing.

The times have change once more that very few people even go to the bazzar any more. with the mail system it simple use the /baz /barter and send things to your mail box. so do we need toons at this point to act as a place holder for items. When not just make a data base that it accessible using the
    /baz. you can then list the items you want to sale and the amount and a time limit if the item sales the item is sent to X play and the money is sent to Y player. if the time expires then the item is return to player y.

To prevent over clutter of items in the market you could simple charge a 10% fee on the items each time it listed. that way people are not listing tons of stuff that wont sale.
    Duder likes this.
  19. northstar Augur

Ooo!! to elaborate on this idea, it could use the trader satchels in your bank... and those who are free "could" use store only trader satchels..

I would definitely go for this idea!!!!
  20. kizant Augur

No. Of course, I did not say that. I'm simply pointing out that life is neither fair nor just and you shouldn't pretend otherwise.