Please Allow Baz /trader for Silver Veterans.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sybn, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

I'm suggesting that change to gold accounts.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Makes no sense. If your a business and you charge for the frys and the burgers separately then why would you sell the two together for the price of one. Yes I know some places do but I am talking the fact that DBG currently have income from 2 accounts (in this scenario) - trader and player and this would chop it down to 1 = trader/player. So instead of $30 for two accounts each month they would cut their cost in half to just $15 and only charge for one.

Plus I can just see what certain players would use this for with their third party programs

All prices, figures and fact are approximate and in no way reference any real person and are just the opinions of the poster.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

At this point why is being an online trader even an option anymore? Is there any reason legitimate players want to leave their computer and trader online versus having offline be the default mode? Want to enter trade mode, you get a confirmation box, if you accept you enter trader mode and go offline.
  4. Mintalie Augur

And there are those who painstakingly, manually go through items to ensure they have the best price. I assure you, it takes a lot of effort. But that's free market capitalism for you, right?

To be clear, the third-party programs are abhorrent and a scourge to the game. Not sure why the people obviously using them haven't been banned. But if the TLP comments are to be believed, evidently there's also a scourge of third-party programs running amok on those servers as well who seem to operate with impunity.

In my opinion, a concerted effort should be made to curtail both of these.
  5. Duder Augur

Indeed, I am one of those. In doing so, I see and easily identify the traders using illicit programs. Undercutting is not a problem, the problem is scripted undercutting at regular timed intervals, as short as 5 and 10 minutes I have encountered. Recently there seems to be some traders who have this running but also have set minimums so that you cannot snake their items by pricing one very low and their script in turn undercutting that.

The very best way to combat this, rather than wait on DBG to do something, is to NEVER buy from some one whos price is 1% lower than the next lowest.
    Mintalie likes this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

Agreed, and I do not, ever. :)
    Duder likes this.
  7. Duder Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here is a perfect example of an item undercut by said scripts. This example follows the exact 1% script. The trader with the price 1% lower is the same trader for both items and this trader is online. I have removed the item name and trader names as not to point fingers at anyone but to show what it looks like.

Again there are different variations of this said script, though they are both very similar. One undercuts by 1% rounded up to divisibles of 15/25, one goes by a strict 1% rounded to 1 as seen in these pictures. You can search google for pretty simple terms regarding this type of thing and find the script and its exact coding.
    Miss_Jackie and Skewert like this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Most people I see in the Baz tend to like even numbers.
    Skewert likes this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That sad thing is, we can post the names of the traders that use these scripts, but it's a forum violation to do so and help Daybreak ban them. :p
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thank you for explaining this - wondered why some people used odd numbers.
    Skewert likes this.
  11. Sybn New Member

Maybe the real problem is by old design I do realize what everyone is saying, I really wish there as an alternative to sell wares without "Needing" to even have a trader, for example in SWTOR they do have a type of AH that is free to use by anyone, however it is limited depending on your overall subscription status. if your free you an sell 2 items, where as preferred can sell more and so on to subscription players. but in there real money market you can increase the amount of items by 10 per for like 500 Coins.

What about limiting the amount of items available in /trader mode to 2 for free players and have subsequent unlocks available in a specific type of BAG only found in the DBC store? while subscribed members may still use the original plat bags for free?

to me its a reasonable compromise and DayBreak still makes $$ for the game.

So regardless of the scripting problem to my original request this could infact limit those who are free to be able to sell wears in trader mode but yet still have the option to do it if they pay.

Thoughts??
  12. Warpeace Augur

Considering how generous Daybreak is already to FTP accounts?

I think the AA totals while someone is FTP could use a healthy bump. That would allow them to do more in the content available while still having limits on them as a free player. Possibly enticing them to sub.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  13. Sybn New Member

What I really would like to see from Daybreak is more options other than a sub. say in forms of, and this is an example. but I would pay between $100-$150 to "Unlock" one specific Progression server for just one of my accounts...

I think daybreak needs to rethink the slogan free to play your way? yes subscriptions are there for a reason but just because someone is playing without a subscription doesn't mean they are not paying for perks. however look at the overall state of the game. Perhaps what they need to do is a new attack plan for enticing people to play and support this game? it is more than just a Krono game for me at the very least. it is something I have spent nearly the entire lifespan of this game playing on my PC. that has to hold some value to them? it is like the guy who spent 20 years at the bar where everyone knows there name ;)
  14. Warpeace Augur

Except those Progression servers require a sub. So if your willing to pay $100-$150 just pay the extra $29.88 and pay a monthly sub for $179.88 total. Problem solved.

Heck pay the 12 months up front and its cuts the cost to $119.88 within your willing to pay range.
  15. Sybn New Member

I know, but I am not always playing this game all the time like I use too. so having a one time unlock would be more advantageous to me than watching my time expire. I Missed out on the lifetime opportunity when they offered them. in all I really wish that was the only type of subscription plan available cause I would pay it for 1-3 accounts when I could afford too.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I also manually go through my prices once every few days.

As for TLP... many of them can't tell the difference between a person playing a bunch of characters and automation despite it being pretty easy to tell. (Or they simply don't care, and want everyone to group with them)
  17. tyrantula Elder

You're telling me you wouldn't want to go to sleep with the bazaar music playing all night?
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm you are playing on one account but have a trader up on another. Maybe monitor it and replenish stock if running low. I can see someone at work having their trader online and checking it every so often. Adjust prices etc. There are people out there doing manually what some are using illegitimate software to do. Doing it manually is part of the game.

I don't see anything illegitimate about players having their traders online. Some folks just play the bazaaar/barter game and that's almost all they do.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Cause there is no volume control for EQ music? :) It's been several years since I had EQ music on intentionally.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  20. Duder Augur

You missed part of this Corowyn. Of course people update their online traders manually throughout a day. I myself leave mine logged in and update it now and then. Being and online trader doesn't mean you are using illegitimate software, nor did I ever suggest that. However, being online is a requirement for those auto-updating programs, as I cant imagine there is a way to update an offline trader, even with those scripts. So a trader whos price(s) are exactly 1% below anothers, as well as online, is likely running an auto update script on a set interval. There are traders who obviously use the scripted program to adjust prices by 1% but who maybe login to do it now and then, they don't leave them online to update via script. IMO the ones that are online and auto-updating are the real scum.