Please add some kind of thrown weapon to the expansion for the first time in 10 years

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ted the Mechanic, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

Is this a bug or a feature? Is this oversight just copy/paste expansion consequenses; or will there be no more thrown weapons that aren't a spell? Only posting here in the hopes someone will see it in time to implement it. Bump if you agree.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Zerkers need an endless quiver type ability and some quality range DPS with it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Celephane Augur

Its not like they are ignoring it
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

What would a more modern thrown item look or act like? One possibility would be something that screams as it flies towards its target.
  5. Celephane Augur

Angry Birds!
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Would love to have a new belt type item to summon daggers like in HoT, and would love a new arrow summoning item like the quiver from (can't remember this expansion)
    Vumad likes this.
  7. Shillingworth Augur

That quiver is also from HoT.
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

Seems to be forgotten. This skill was always very underpowered and sadly only there for pulling and low level mob farming.

Rogues too ! It would be cool if zerkers could randomly proc a stun with all throwing weapons and rogues a snare or slow effect. For the rogue that could be done if poison buffs would also affect throwing weapons.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

My thing with Zerkers is that when they were introduced that their ability to throw large objects was part of the class, yet, that is not a thing for them. I think it would be great if Zerkers Ranged DPS like how Rangers currently Melee DPS, viable but noticeably less optimal. Zerkers having very large hit numbers with a slow attack rate and a chance to stun sounds great.

Putting The ability to summon these items on Zerker T3/T2R crafted belts, or making a zerker specific item, or Endless Quiver (Rage?) or some sort of something should happen.

Idk about rogues. Nothing about their class justifies ranged DPS. Maybe they should be able to proc a poison, disease or corruption, like how rangers get fire, ice and poison procs on their bow shots, makes sense for rogues, they can throw a dagger, why not make throwing more useful by poisoning that dagger, and could get them up to what a BST could do while being ranged DPS. Not sure ROG class justifies an endless quiver ability, but making an all/all summon throwing item for each expansion is a generally positive thing for all classes. Since ROG and WAR are basically useless at a range, giving them a few tools to make a noticeable damage amount is good balance.
  10. Knifen Augur

I don’t even care if the same stats and no procs. The only requirement for me is that said thrown objects can be thrown from the ammo slot only like an arrow NOT from the range slot with backups in ammo. I’d like to not have have a bow in for the stats
    Vumad likes this.