Playing on the Test Server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Wilfe, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Wilfe New Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble launching the Test server. I run Launchpad.exe and cannot see anything that allows me to launch Test when the ToV themed launchpad pops up. I have 'Email Sign Up', 'Forums', 'Support' and a couple of web links for server status and forums again.

Any help would be appreciated!

Wilfe
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When I try to log into test server the launcher displays a message that EverQuest is currently under maintenance, just like all the the other servers are.

So that is probably your answer.
  3. Wilfe New Member

Thanks for the reply!
    I saw that the population was 'low' rather than 'locked' but the status was still grey (I love that they still have an up arrow for a down server...)

I don't suppose you could tell me how to log onto Test when it is up?
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Test is currently up, you do have to get in bypassing the launcher though. If you havent already downloaded the test files, I think you might be out of luck for that until the login server is up again.

Its been a long time since I've had to set my launcher (if you want to play on both, i suggest copying your everquest folder and having different ones for live and test), but you should see a setting option on the launcher itself once signed in to download the test files, which will then give you test as the only available server once connected.

To bypass the launcher, shortcut your eqgame, and after the file path, add " patchme " (without the quotes) outside the file path quotes to the shortcut.
    You can also add " /login accountname " (also sand quotes) after the file path to auto-populate the specified account name, otherwise it will fill with whatever the last account logged out.
  5. Wilfe New Member

Thanks Barrand! That's what I needed :)
  6. Chanzan New Member

Wilfi,
    When the Servers come back up, in the upper left corner of the "ToV themed launchpad" is "Version: Live". Click on the word "Live". You should get a drop down or pop-up or some such and be able to select "Test". You'll then go through a quick update. There are some files that are different on Test vs. Live. Once the update is complete. You should be good to log into Test.

To get back to Live servers, go back to the upper left corner of the ToV themed launchpad and click test, change back to live, and your good. Some folks have 2 instances of EQ installed on the computers. One for Test and One for Live. No need to do that, just that some folks do.
    -Chanzan, the Monkey.
    Quatr likes this.