Playing on Mac with Wineskin?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Korzu111, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Korzu111 Elder

Is playing on an iMac with wineskin allowed or would that get my account banned? It’d still be truebox as the iMac would be a second computer/box.
  2. Korzu111 Elder

Anyone know? I don’t want to bust my iMac out of storage and try to get EQ running on it just to then get an account banned -.-
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

I believe technically it's breaking the rules because of reasons related to other unwanted programming, I assume.

Or....Devs could have made some blood pact with Microsoft after ending Al'kabor.
  4. Ceffener Augur

Officially Windows is the requirement and “no third party applications”. Has anyone ever been banned? No clue.

Using boot camp to install Windows wouldn’t be a problem at all though.
  5. Korzu111 Elder

I’m going to guess that I can’t use my current Windows key for that and have both the Mac and my desktop going off of the same key, huh? What a pain. Hate to drop $100 on W10 just for this, especially because the iMac is a 2010 and obsolete in its own right. Heck, boot camp probably wouldn’t even run on it.
  6. Ceffener Augur

Looks like it would have to be Windows 8 for an iMac that old.
  7. Xiss Journeyman

Running under wine is absolutely fine it's not an (the clue is in the name). It's been asked many times and has always been OK as long as I've checked.

One eq per machine on truebox is all.

And you'll likely have to do patchme workaround and patch on a win 7/8/10 box and transfer files to the mac as a patch ages and ages ago borked that.
  8. Tomar Journeyman

I was under the impression as well that wineskin is considered third party application. However, newer Macs (post snow leopard maybe later) have a utility called bootcamp where you can download windows iso file free and then partition your hard drive to run windows on it. Works like a champ, I didn't have any issues with it.
  9. Xiss Journeyman

Running under wine is absolutely fine it's not an (the clue is in the name). It's been asked many times and has always been OK as long as I've checked.

One eq per machine on truebox is all.

And you'll likely have to do patchme workaround and patch on a win 7/8/10 box and transfer files to the mac as a patch ages and ages ago borked that.