Playing EQ from Japan

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ezra, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Ezra Journeyman

Does Everquest offer service in Japan?

I might be in Japan some time next year, and I'm curious whether or not I'll be able to play from there. If so, does anyone else play from Japan, and how is the connection? Do you experience a lot of lag, etc.?
  2. Riou EQResource

You can play from Japan, yea, keep in mind the servers (minus AB) are in USA, so connection latency will be the biggest thing to see
  3. echkk New Member

Should not be an issue. My guild have members playing from all over Asia and their latency during normal gameplay and raiding are fine
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

Once upon a time, it was offered under the name "EverQuest Japanese Edition".
    Rating objects have been removed so that even children(?) Can play.
    (There were no spear-stabbed heads or bonfire-Roast dwarven fillets.)
    Due to various reasons, GoD was not provided, and the applicant moved to the Fennin Ro server.

Therefore, it is possible to access the USA server from Japan.
  5. Duder Augur

How many stories were you telling in one? The only time "the applicant" was mentioned at the end, were you talking about one before?
  6. Nniki Augur

Not sure if any of them play on Darkpaw servers, but there are quite a few Japanese EverQuest players that use Twitter. I'm assuming they mostly play P99, but they might still be able to answer your questions.

I see them using the following hashtags:
    If you have a Twitter account, you could maybe try tweeting at them.