Player Suggestion: New Gear Slot - Worn Effect.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sokon, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Sokon Augur

Incorporate a new gear slot that would use a worn effect of any item put into that gear slot, but NOT benefit your character from any of the stats on that item(much like the ammo slot does not give stats.

This idea would allow you to have any item new or old that may have been outdated stat wise from expansion to expansion to STILL maintain its worn effect.

Many hard to get items or so called BiS class items were given worn effects on many an expansion. This suggestion is the solution to the NECRO EPIC.

This suggestion also adds a lot of replay value to earlier expansion items.

For example, I play a monk. Possessed Dreadstone Master's Katar has a very nice worn effect. But, it's damage is outdated. I have to bandolier this item in every 30 secs to get the effect. If there was 1 worn effect gear slot, I'd put it in there. That was a hard to get item.

Example number 2. Frosted Wrap of the Calm Spirit - the BiS shoulders for monk from Frostcrypt many expansions ago. It has a Block% mod on it but the stats are significantly outdated. Maybe I'd prefer more block chance from my worn effect slot rather than haste. I could put this item in that slot instead.

There are many many many nice worn effect items that YOU have implemented in this game AND many of these items were the BEST and MOST SOUTH AFTER items in each expansion.

Please consider a WORN EFFECT gear slot. Possibly even add that slot to the bandolier.
    Goranothos, Boneshear, Fanra and 2 others like this.
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

3. Sokon Augur

^My thread is Not suggesting a new equipment slot, like the most recent charm slot with charm items.

I am suggesting a worn equipment slot that ANY item(aug, armor, food, potion, tradeskill) could go into. Like an inventory slot that held 1 item, but it enabled the worn effect of that 1 item placed into it. This slot would NOT hold bags, and it would NOT come with a new set of item type like the charm slot did.

I am simply suggesting an item slot that enabled worn effects outside of our regular gear slots thus enabling use of all current existing items with worn effects.
  4. Marshall Maathers Augur

5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

That's not the problem with the Necro epic, the problem is it's still powerful enough to be basically required, unlike most other epics.

Now, if "Heroic" Character upgrades included Epics...
  6. Darkark Augur

Hold up a second guys, I just need to put this sandwich in my pants ...
  7. Sokon Augur

I know this is sarcasm but I think you misunderstand the suggestion being made, unless it's completely offbase sarcasm. With this new Worn Effect slot I am suggesting - You Wouldn't be able to put a sandwich into pants inside of it.

What you would be able to do however is put a pair of pants with Ferocity effect on them into this new slot. And in your regular pants - instead of ferocity - wear some crafted pants with more cleave.
  8. Serriah_Test Augur

Wow. Blast from the past :)

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Well, back in Kunark Pants summoned food, so...
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that it is an interesting idea, and would address the issue that many face regarding foci or worn effects that would still be useful but are annoying to use due to having to constantly swap out items and risk forgetting to switch them back when you are done. I think that part of the issue the Devs might have with it is that it would allow players to easily make use of foci and worn effects which they wish to be discontinued or reduced in power. The later of which applies to the Necro 2.0/2.5; the Devs not only want to make it so that Necros can use other primary (and secondary) items but they also want to reduce or at least stabilize the power increase which the Necro 2.0/2.5's focus grants.

Did they summon sausage or tuna?
    Koveras, Agrippa and Darkark like this.
  11. Darkark Augur

Epic :)
  12. Sokon Augur

Girdle of the weaponmaster.

Ring of Revenge.

Stoneoak Tower Shield.

These 3 above items(and others) are all RARE cotf Raid items that are either very hard to get or cost 1200 currency to get. 1200 currency = 10 weeks of clearing all 8 events in cotf teir 1 every week.

One expansion later these very rare items with cool effects are outdated by stats.

If a "worn effect slot" was implemented - again no stats from items would in the new slot would take effect, only the worn effect would - than you could benefit from continued use of that worn effect item while still pursuing better items.
    Drauger and Hiladdar like this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I like the sentiment of this idea. Maybe instead of a new inventory slot, just make a type 3 aug with the effect. Nothing is ever easy but I'd imagine lore grouping would avoid multiple augs with multiple worn effects.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Sokon Augur

And now that we are in a new expansion - even more reason to add 1-3 of these type of slots now(TDS belt worn effects)
    Another set of worn effect items that will not be used once upgraded from, or more cool items on the worn effect list we could use?

e.g. diablo iii implemented the same idea recently ~ Kanai's cube - allowing players to use the effect of 3 items without wearing those items on their character.
  15. Ruven_BB Augur

I like Jhenna's idea, a type three box that converts an item to a type 3 aug that is lore, only one box per character. Put it on station cash, make it expensive, we will all pay for it.

Ruven
  16. Boneshear New Member

Best idea ever.
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

For the umpteenth time, everquest item system is limited to unique item IDs. In order to "convert" something you have to have something to convert it to, meaning another unique item created. They would have to create receipes for like 25,000 of the 150k items in the database, then a duplicate entry for every one of them.
  18. Redrum_Redrum Augur

They will have more than enough time to do that seeing how every expansion they drop less content when the next 1 releases with only 2 zones they will have something to fall back on saying how much work they did on this nifty new itemization. That or they will spend time releasing more cats.
    Toriann likes this.
  19. segap Augur

Since they appear to be big on pirates, I would expect the next round to be parrots. Just imagine all the cutesy things they can spam out if you have your sound turned on. I'm sure they can spend at least a month's development time debating those sound bites.
  20. fransisco Augur

What really needs to happen is that the necro epic needs to be changed.
    Shoulda happened a decade ago.
    Its simply ridiculous that gear from OOW is required to play a class.
    Closely following would be the SK epic. Its not as powerful as the necro, but basically required all the same.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.