Player Studio Submission- Greatsword of Rebellion (pic)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Etrigor, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Nissassa Elder

Nice sword, keep it up $$
  2. Liliana Augur

sword and chest are amazing, I think this is going to be a great program. What software are you guys using to make these? Makes me wish I had some talent for this kind of thing
    RekMMO likes this.
  3. Dega Elder

wow that is VERY nice =) They should hire you on a permanent basis =)
  4. Xnao Augur

5. Caudyr Augur

That sword looks amazing and the chest looks pretty awesome, too. Hopefully we'll be able to get something like those chests for 'added' storage in game for housing at some point, but I'm not holding my breath. :p
  6. Etrigor New Member

Hey all,

I took some of your advice and am trying to make a more complete set using my texture sets and model.

I updated first post pic to demonstrate what i currently have. Its still a work in progress, but I was hoping to get some feedback from the casters if they would prefer a 1hander staff or 2hander (or both) and if these designs look appealing in that regard. I hope to make a few more weapons in this style so i will update as I go.

General feedback appreciated- Thanks!
  7. Braveheart Augur

These are going to get added. They look great. Remember slasher's hate swords that look like daggers.

Not saying my idea's are best, but those small blades on the blunts/staves? look like they were just added. Try it w/o adding the small blades. Maybe add some gold knuckle with a small spike to the top to replace the blade? Something Ornate. On the bottom two tips make a scrolling extension that matches the gold? Sort of how you have the 2 3-pronged gold braces on the sides?

Can't wait to see the shield and the H2H. Maybe 2 2HB variations and 2 1HB variations with longer handles so they can be blunts or staves/wands.

Assuming those are 1hb and 2hb?

Take your 2HS design and make a round pike style. Make the dagger a shortened pike?
    Cakvala and Etrigor like this.
  8. Etrigor New Member

Sweet, thanks for the feedback!

Proportions and size is something I am still working on so i will do my best to have it looking right.

I am trying to see how much variations i can get from what i have made now, and if i have to i will mirror my UV's and create more room on the texture. Next on my list is an attempt at a bow, but poly counts could become an issue with that. A halberd/ pike 2hander is also something i plan on experimenting with.

If there is enough interest I will make a complete set.

Etrigor
    Fippy Darkpaw
  9. Piemastaj Augur

Staffs look pretty nice. The 2hander should be quite long (think of LoTR Gandalf's staff in length).

2handers appear to be the way to go with the way Weapon procs are going on them, so those will possibly be more popular. However, both look good.
  10. Braveheart Augur

OH hey Etriger

Some food for thought!

People been begging for mourning stars and flails (Hard to do because no animation) for god knows how long. You bring something like that to the table and your art is sure to be a hit.
  11. WarSheol Augur

Really cool looking,

at fan faire a few things they mentioned is many people arent submiting entree's correctly and I am no graphics person but they say most weapons in game are around 400 in some size or measure of a graphic I didnt quite understand and many entree's they are getting are much larger like 600 and a staff that was 1,000, I took this all to mean if they are to big they can cause lag which is why they inspect each submission. if that wasnt already explained some where. Cant wait to see some of these in the market :cool:
  12. Lighteningrod Augur

These look incredible!

Regarding the different weapon types, my preference would be a complete set of each and every weapon type, regardless of class. When I purchase ornaments, I really prefer to match all my boxes and alts. Combined with matching armor dye patterns, guild banner colors, etc., I like when people can easily recognize a character as being "mine."
  13. Cakvala Augur

So far all my submissions are pending content and were valid when i put them in, when i did poly counts all were well below the 400 requirement.

Well see !
    WarSheol likes this.
  14. Gamersinclair New Member

That is a crazy amount of detail, do you have any tutorials you would recommend? I can model fairly well but that sort of texturing you have is very professional!
  15. Mini New Member

I commend you on your work. It looks like you spent quite some time on the texture maps.

Regarding polygon count, I have a question. Can the game engine handle 4 sided polygons or only 3? The reason I ask is because most of the 3D modelers use 4 sided polygons by default. However, I noticed when opening the example files they were all using 3 sided polygons. This makes a 2X difference in polygon count since one 4-sided polygon = two 3-sided polygons. So, do the OBJ meshes need to be output with 3 sided polygons?

-Mini
  16. Braveheart Augur

Gratz!

I'll leave the details to Etrigor
  17. Dandin Augur

Where can I buy this?

*Throws money in the air Frantically*

TAKE MY MONEY! I want that pretty sword!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cakvala likes this.