Player Studio Submission- Greatsword of Rebellion (pic)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Etrigor, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Braveheart Augur

So ya this is awesome. I'm thinking make the blade a little wider and a tad longer and make it a definate 2 hander then make a narrow blade single handle instead of the double handle and make it a one hander. If I was you, I would make a full set

1hb
    2hb
    piercer
    2hp
    h2h

and maybe even an axe

along the same theme. If I were SOE I would make available a set. if you notice thier trend, they have a tendency to put sets in the market. They are trying to get the whole player base to buy thier ornements.

I would love to see a shield with the same theme. Maybe take the hilt design and make it an emblem on a nice tarnished metal shield.

Going to love to see more of your work.
    RekMMO likes this.
  2. Etrigor New Member

Thanks for feedback guys, i will make those adjustments tonight.

Poly count is currently 398 (had to butcher it down to get to 400 and below) as it started out much more detailed (around 650). The poly limit on weapons is 400 on Everquest Player Studio weapons.

And for the record, this started out as a Everquest 2 weapon untill SOE verified Player Studio weapons will only exsist in EQ 1 so i had to reduce quality some.

This is a house item i submitted for EQ2 a few days ago, if anyone cares to see..

[IMG]
    Cakvala and RekMMO like this.
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

Very quality make, Good job :)
  4. iniari-TR Augur

the sword is very nice. wish all of EQ had that level of detail and realism.
  5. Straahdx Augur

Aye, like that much more. I'd buy it for sure now! :)
  6. Braveheart Augur

Wish we could get this much detail in EQ.

BTW I was thinking! If the photo is a 2hander maybe going back to the first end, not the point. Would be best for a 2hander. Bastard swords usually have a rounded or squared head. If you do design a 1hander a narrow blade with a point would look better. I originally viewed this as a 1hander but it is obviously a 2hander--noted by the 2 grips on the handle.

As I mentioned, take the handle/hilt and place it on a shield. You could make a staff version for casters by taking your handle design, making it 5ft long and placing a similar hilt design on the end as the head of the staff.

The 1hb could be just a shorter version.

I wish I could put my own designs to this. I should look into this program.
  7. JERUS Augur

To make it a 1hb you could just remove the blade tie the grip to the lower part of the handle, and maybe beef up the edges of the hilt a bit making it into a hammer. 2hb just scale that up a bit maybe extend the handle. Piercer scale it down a lot, extend the handle a lot and make it into a spear. 2hp make that a little beefier.

I do agree it'd be cool if ya did all weapon types mainly because this one is awesome =b

Don't mean to be telling you what to do just if you're inclined to make a set that's what i'd personally tweak. Really awesome design,
  8. Braveheart Augur

Too bad they are not letting particle effects into player studio yet. This would look awesome with effects. I bet SOE uses this as a raid drop.
  9. RekMMO Lorekeeper

Would love to see one of you guys create a two-hander similar to a mayan war sword. Basically a two-by-four with blades running up the sides. Berserkers everywhere would fall in love.

[IMG]
  10. JERUS Augur

IIRC you could request them or something, not sure thoguh.
  11. Numiko Augur

The EQ2 comments make me wonder, will the detail even show up in EQ? will its graphics engine be able to handle that level of detail?
  12. Keshua Journeyman

Wow that is amazing - great work :)
  13. Cakvala Augur

You can suggest them in the submission process, I did on a lot of mine that i submitted. Still awaiting a response of any kind form the team they have!
  14. Cakvala Augur

I am still somewhat new to this, is there any chance I could look at your Material Maps for that sword to see how you laid them out? Not the model the TGA files.
  15. Syrah Sr. Producer

This is fantastic. I want one.
  16. Bauer Augur

What's in that chest? Phat weezord lewts, perhaps?
    :eek:
  17. Rouan Augur

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

(or Gwyneth Paltrow's head)
    Mintalie, Vouivre and Bendi like this.
  18. Elricvonclief Augur

That sword is nice. I hope it goes in game.
  19. Mardy Augur

The sword looks good. For those good at drawing, could we please get some good looking scimitars that druids can use again? Also casters are always hungry for good looking caster wands & staves. :)
  20. JERUS Augur

Aye but make sure it's a "blunt" scimitar so it can actually be used. =b