Player Studio Checks. Please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MasterMagnus, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

We still have not received our Player Studio checks from fourth quarter 2019.

As detailed in section 3 of the Player Studio Agreement:
    Despite this clause, we have no recourse but to wait. Class action, and Arbitration are excluded. The only avenue left is to seek a case in small claims court (being less than $10,000 I am owed).

Or, I guess, come here and beg for my check each quarter when you're late. Or just shut my mouth and take it.

I would just note I have already received my 1099-MISC for 2019 and know how much you owe me. I am also expected to pay taxes on that money even though I haven't received it yet.

So I come here to beg on Forum Quest.

Show me my money?
    Duder, IceSy, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So good.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Since no context is provided, I assume the answer is yes, but: have you contacted them to issue a replacement check, operating under the assumption that yours has been misplaced/lost? Perhaps someone intercepted yours and cashed it, etc. in which case quick investigation would be helpful rather than the alternative.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

I'm going to try and look into this, but double checking and assuming the answer is yes, have you already reached out to CS?
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

None of us have been paid. This isn't the first time they're late.

We have a private forum Player Studio artists talk on. The few who even get checks any longer.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

Which doesn't answer my question, but ok . . . good luck, either way.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I sent an email to disputenotice@daybreakgames.com and accounts-payable@daybreakgames.com

We usually send an email to accounts-payable and wait.

I just am getting sick of it, looking at my tax forms and no check.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Man, they really do not want to mess with the IRS - saying they paid out when they didn't.
    FubarEQ and MasterMagnus like this.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

I purchased your skull shield a few months ago. Love it
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thank you! You are so kind. On behalf of all the Player Studio artists let me say, the biggest charge we get is seeing someone wearing your item.

The money really is secondary.

That being said, I am not someone who goes unpaid, ever.
    IceSy and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. Derresh Augur

I've always been curious, how does the 500 free points a month work when buying a player studio item with it? Does the artist still get a cut from it? Is DB or DP or whatever giving away their own money from the monthly subscription in this scenario?
  13. Razorfall Augur

Sounds like you need to polish up your cup and show em the back of your hand

[IMG]
    Whulfgar and MasterMagnus like this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

No. There is hidden value behind each DBcoin.

Your free 500 makes no money for them and no money for me.
    The DBC you paid for at a discount makes only the amount you paid for.
    Also any 'costs' on DB's end are taken out, they pay various taxes on sales and all sorts of things.
    We get 40% of the net (real dollars behind the purchase) after costs.

That might seem harsh. But this is a very generous deal they have always offered us. All those costs we pay are the price for them giving our item a place on the shelf of a store that has it's own mystique because of the game.

And in comparison to other companies that do anything similar, which is rare, they are pretty darn generous with it.

The main problem has always been neglect. Now there is nobody who even has anything to do with Player Studio who works there. Last 'new director' was fired shortly after. We have no contact now or anything.
    IceSy, Sancus, Nniki and 3 others like this.
  15. Derresh Augur

That's a shame.

Seems Darkpaw Games new motto of "Never Give Up" should be slightly altered to "Never Give Up(Unless its player studio)"
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  16. svann Augur

I still havent got my dps check.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Duder likes this.
  18. RPoo Augur

I still take a moment to stop and cheer anyone i see wearing the robe you made for me. Thank you for that!
    IceSy and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thank you! It was one of my more popular robes, and I see it pretty often too. ;)
    Whulfgar and RPoo like this.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Although I have not received an email myself. Word is some Player Studio artists are getting an email saying checks would go out this week. Which by my calculation has two days left in it. We shall see.

At this point I just want to thank you for getting the ball rolling assuming that was the case.

You do a great job, more power to ya.

Sadly for your workload, as this is the only method I have to get any action. You can expect me coming back to complain every 3 months if our checks are not sufficiently on time for my taste.

If you could get a message to 'the powers that be' to the effect that, it would be in all our best interest to make every effort to send those checks out as close to the time promised in our agreement as possible. And in an ongoing consistent fashion. That would be great.

I'm usually looking at a 30 calendar days + 5-10 business days after the quarter ends time frame before I start getting disgruntled.

I have other places to raise a ruckus about it, not of a legal nature, but a 'make your company look bad on the internet' nature. I'd think it's best to keep it right here in the family.

Again I thank you for your job, it can't be easy. If you'd prefer to set me up with someone I can squawk at when they don't pay us, or have me PM you about it, that would be fine. And would avoid these kinds of posts in the future. Although nobody envies you, or anyone, the task of dealing with me on an ongoing basis I'm sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.