Play With Anyone on Any Server Any Time...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mellifleur, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Mellifleur Augur

any update to this ?

[IMG]
  2. Jibeker Lorekeeper

I'm about 95% sure this does NOT mean "at any time" like you indicate in your title. I simply think this means that when creating a new character, you can create it on any of the servers that SOE has.

Just a guess at first glance.
  3. Mikestab Elder

Jibeker is correct. That means players on non-US accounts (those who are billed via ProSiebenSat 1) will be able to create characters on servers other than AB.
  4. Mellifleur Augur

well poop.... would have been a kick a** idea.
    FatbukSlapmeat and Kelefane like this.
  5. Leerah Augur

Maybe in EQ Next. I'm figuring you'll be playing it on your netbook or phone.
  6. Kelefane Augur

Cross server instancing in EQ would be great :( I think its a pipe-dream at this point though.
  7. Terminat Lorekeeper

When I asked about this, I was told he was talking about Planetside 2.
  8. Kaylord101 Elder

I am not sure how hard it would be, because currently if you buy a transfer token, it will transfer you to another server that you choose in less then 4-5 mins (pretty much u just log out, then back in)
  9. Nolrog Augur

You can safely assume that any communication from Smed right now is talking about PS2.
    Sinestra and Terminat like this.
  10. cutler New Member

i see a problem with this.

first, there is not alot of grouping going on anywhere. so do you just want to solo or multi box on any server at any time?

sony need to fix the lack of desire to group in their grouping game first before they worrie about allowing players to play on other servers. i log on to my level 87 toon begging for a group 3 to 4 times a week for 45 minutes to an hour before logging off and playing a lower level toon. in the last 2 months i have 2 other level 55 toons now and my main is still level 87. it does not happen very often.

not going to solo grind past 55. just too painfully slow and tedious not even mentioning the thousands of aa points you need to be effective. hope they do better with their next game, if they need help, go ask blizzard, they do not seem to have a problem putting groups together for raids, dungons, pvp or anything else.
  11. iniari-TR Augur

/fail

yes the old "pick-up" group is kind of rare - most players can easily box / use mercs - especially at lower levels.

join a guild. - most groups are all with guildies now.

as for leveling the xp / aaxp has gotten a hugh bonus to make it a lot faster to gain.

if you look at the game as just a matter of grinding and effectiveness - gaming is not for you.

there are thousands of quests and hundreds of zones to explore.

while some content is more tailored for the high-end / well geared hardcore player, soe has shifted focus towards the more casual players in the most recent expansions and even more so in the soon to come - "shadows of fear" expansion which will have "easy / med / hard " areas to play in for each new zone.

as for other games none have the in-depth game immersion that EQ has and the "raiding" is a joke in those other games.

Everquest has always been more of a hobby then a game. if all you want is to bang on mobs and other players , EQ is not the place.
  12. krozman Augur

I'm sure it's been discussed, how you can possibly do the following:
    1. Invite people from other normal servers into your group. They would appear in group window but appear out of zone.
    2. Request instance/group task.
    3. zone in. Everyone regardless of server appears in new zone ready to play!
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Transfer token, 2500 SC!