Play Like It's 1999 - Ragefire & Lockjaw Servers Now Available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 21, 2015.

1. Dartaniun Augur

This is the exact reason the last round of TLP got a 2nd server, Fippy was filled to max for the entire day when it opened. Vulak opened that night so people could actually play the game.

Here's to hoping that another server gets started, if not it's going to be really annoying to try to fight for a slot for the next few weeks
  2. Psylum New Member

I'd like to at LEAST hear a response to our suggestions from an official by now
  3. Hurbicide Journeyman

Ok is it up with capacity limits... or is it up and server is just full at this time? It kind of makes a difference. If you are slowly letting people in, that's fine. But if you are at max capacity, something should be done even if means a merger later.
  4. pinnical New Member

And I give up. One more day (I will try it tomorrow), if no satisfaction, EQ is dead to me once again.
  5. Qadir New Member

Would be nice to know what that limit is. Saw it was up from the twitter feed and came home for lunch to make my 2 characters. Can't even do that. Could have said in that twitter post "server up and full already" instead. Pretty disappointing.
  6. Fhiele Augur

Not sure its fair to say its "available" when we get...."the world server is currently at maximum capacity and not allowing further logins until the number of players online decreases"
  7. OrcPawn101 New Member

Speaking with my wallet. Canceled my subs. Why pay to play if you cant play. Will try to get a refund but not holding my breath on that one.
  8. Goodbye99 New Member

lmao max population. what the hell was the beta for and all that talk of needing to stress test if your only going to have a couple thousand aloud on at a time. If my soul purpose for paying for a sub was to get into the retro server i want a refund.
  9. Stageguy Lorekeeper

I really hope there is a trigger that automatically logs people out after 20 minutes of dormancy or something like that. Otherwise the cities will be full of those that could log in, standing motionless until tomorrow when they decide to play again.
    Dude McBlasto, Qadir and OrcPawn101 like this.
  10. Isphet New Member

While I am glad that Ragefire appears to be really popular..

I am experiencing buyer's remorse for paying for a game two days ago that I haven't been able to access yet. You guys consider running a second server or something? It's a tough pill to swallow to be paying 50 cents a day for not playing when I want to at all.

Not trying to complain because I totally get what's happening right now. But I also don't want to pay a mortgage on a house I don't live in, or pay for food I am not allowed to eat when I am hungry. I hope you're considering something for a solution if the server continues to remain popular and people can't get in to play. This isn't going to fly for very long.

Thanks for the consideration.
  11. Gutbuster New Member

ZERO response from GMs? Why hasn't another server been launched? The errors were fixed and its clearly running just fine for 4 hours now. Clearly the demand is there even at this time of night. I'm starting to lose faith in this new company, terrible fail for an MMO that's been around for 16 years now. /sigh
  12. Gehlfein Elder

2 hours, no substantial response.

Horrible customer service.
  13. Zinth Augur

GREAT can't even log in... WE TOLD YOU WE NEEDED TWO SERVERS... But did you listen? Either UP the numbers that can log in or make the second server already...
    Kainam likes this.
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

It's what, 8:30 pm there right now?

I'm sure there are a LOT of folks looking at numbers, etc, and deciding which way to move forward on this issue.

Relax folks, while I'm not normally a fanboy, I'm sure they're working hard on this.
  15. Jarim New Member

It would take them 30 seconds to post something along the lines of, "Hey, we understand there's a lot of you who cannot log in to Ragefire. We are looking in to it."
  16. Tachya Elder

I don't know that because they're not saying anything. They better do something soon, because there's a holiday weekend coming up and I imagine a lot of people who came back for Ragefire, were looking forward to playing this weekend. Since Ragefire was my main reason for renewing my All Access and I haven't even been able to play on it yet, I just cancelled it until I at least hear what the plan is now.
  17. Innoke New Member

Word from my friend who got to log into the server says that lots of people are AFK. They did that so that they don't have to fight to get back on the server. That's some crap. Taking up space on the server while not playing so that others who are trying to log in to play cannot :/
  18. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

I'm lmao about this, really. I mean, the playerbase sad 'hey, do two servers at once' they ignored us, there's issues. I said 'hey do a free 2 weeks or so at launch because there will be issues' I heard a bunch of qq from forum fanbois, but hey - I was right. I decided to hold of on renewing my all-access because they didn't do these two things, and I'm traveling for the next two weeks, and I'm willing to bet, by the time I get back and re-sub. We'll have 2 servers, and instanced raids will be on the table.

You think it's harsh now? It's mid-week. The holiday weekend is going to bring a bigger rush of players, and more people are going to get fed up with this.

So, how about a little transparency from the Dev team? We know the problem isn't you(probably) it's mostly John Smedley(always has been, why didn't you lay him off instead of good devs?) - however, your lack of communication, refusal to listen to the playerbase which knows the game better than you do, and overall mishandling of the entire Ragefire fiasco is going to cost you far more money than the same bs marketing scams Smed has been pulling for over a decade will earn you.

- And yes, I posted almost this exact same post elsewhere. Deal with it.
    Kainam likes this.
  19. Tachya Elder

That's the same thing that happened with the WoD launch. But they had 3 million new players to deal with. But yeah when people see how it is they will refuse to log off because they know they'll locked out of the server. Now if they would at least kick these people off...

So now there are two groups of players. Those who were lucky enough to get in, and those who are locked out for hours or days or who knows. Until they give up, leave, and possibly never come back.
  20. Thurgar New Member

The Devs are all doing Twitch stuff i imagine 8P. You guys are on hold till the business of advertising potential has been reached.